GDT: Blues (2-2-1) vs. Flames (Bad) | October 26, 7:00 MDT

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019

1:11:40 for Robert. "I've seen people with hemorrhoids walk faster than this team" and "I took a lady friend to the game tonight... she'll probably never talk to me again"
He was completely accurate in his assessment.

Reactions: joescores

joescores

Mar 21, 2011

1:11:40 for Robert. "I've seen people with hemorrhoids walk faster than this team" and "I took a lady friend to the game tonight... she'll probably never talk to me again"
Robert's rants are quality, he says as it is. I am just hoping he won't get a heart attack live on the show one day!

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I still don't buy into the fact that the Flames are bad, therefore every individual player is as bad as they look right now. I don't think analysis of cases around the league backs up that line of thinking.
In isolation, they are fine players.

As a collective, they are not built for the modern NHL.

They are objectively a slow skating team. Neither the centres nor the defensemen are adept at carrying the puck. And their shooters are poor. What exactly can you do with this team?

Reactions: MM917

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The vid just broke 1,000 views. I’m proud of how this came out. I honestly wish I put in the clip of Z saying they’re playing like shit in hindsight lol
You're proud of over reactionary garbage? Cherry picking quotes to shit on guys. Disgraceful.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The vid just broke 1,000 views. I’m proud of how this came out. I honestly wish I put in the clip of Z saying they’re playing like shit in hindsight lol
You just copy-pasted a bunch of hot takes from Pinder. and highlights from a season 8 games old. Kudos.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
You're proud of over reactionary garbage? Cherry picking quotes to shit on guys. Disgraceful.
You just copy-pasted a bunch of hot takes from Pinder. and highlights from a season 8 games old. Kudos.
Might as well post “no fun allowed.” Christ. Just acting like miserable ppl towards other fans when that’s not where the frustration should be directed.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Total, willful blindspot, selective memory by a section of this fanbase. The Flames rebuilt in 2013-2015. They will again if this season gets out of hand. There will be no other choice. One thing no nhl team will do is dismantle a mature roster in one off season. John Bean's quote about that dirty word "rebuild" was a response to click-driven, buzzword-sustained media members with an agenda, and unreasonable, reactionary fans.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Might as well post “no fun allowed.” Christ. Just acting like miserable ppl towards other fans when that’s not where the frustration should be directed.
Eh. Just a critique. Posting an inaccurate take on the state and history of the franchise, cut up with clips from a gossipy, sky-is-falling podcast, as some epic "told you so," in a season that just started. Not even his own insights, or anything valuable. Why not post his own rant, instead of 20 soundbites of Pinder?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Total, willful blindspot, selective memory by a section of this fanbase. The Flames rebuilt in 2013-2015. They will again if this season gets out of hand. There will be no other choice. One thing no nhl team will do is dismantle a mature roster in one off season. John Bean's quote about that dirty word "rebuild" was a response to click-driven, buzzword-sustained media members with an agenda, and unreasonable, reactionary fans.
No one forgets that period but we also remember from 08-12 where an aging roster with bloated contracts kept kicking the can down the road in hopes of avoiding a rebuild. The rumours of us trying to re-sign every guy to big contracts instead of moving them to start a rebuild seems awfully similar to the many years before the wheels fell off and forced a rebuild then they do of 2013 when Feaster finally tore the team apart. If this organization was proactive on setting the writing on the wall they could jump start a rebuild and shorten the length of suck indtead of being forced into one.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
No one forgets that period but we also remember from 08-12 where an aging roster with bloated contracts kept kicking the can down the road in hopes of avoiding a rebuild. The rumours of us trying to re-sign every guy to big contracts instead of moving them to start a rebuild seems awfully similar to the many years before the wheels fell off and forced a rebuild then they do of 2013 when Feaster finally tore the team apart. If this organization was proactive on setting the writing on the wall they could jump start a rebuild and shorten the length of suck indtead of being forced into one.
Limping along with an aging Iginla, yes that happened. He was 35, and they finally traded him. Present-day Conroy also hesitated giving Toffoli a deal, and traded him for a younger player and a pick. That was a good move, despite everyone freaking out because Toffoli is predictably doing well stapled to Jack Hughes. Flames have a cluster of UFAs, and Huberdeau/Kadri locked in. Backlund signed to a cost-effective deal. We'll see what Conroy's mindset is by the deadline, but I anticipate he will sell some pieces if they're out of it. Fans put way too much emphasis on "rebuild" and "mushy middle." The mandate of every team is go for the cup. If you have a late 20s-early 30s core group, that is capable of making the playoffs, you supplement that, and you have a chance. Or, you trade every single thing away, and get a mystery box pick, and be bad for 5 years with no chance, and then you see what you have. Which do you think a team that hasn't finished bottom 5 despite their best efforts, would choose?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Limping along with an aging Iginla, yes that happened. He was 35, and they finally traded him. Present-day Conroy also hesitated giving Toffoli a deal, and traded him for a younger player and a pick. That was a good move, despite everyone freaking out because Toffoli is predictably doing well stapled to Jack Hughes. Flames have a cluster of UFAs, and Huberdeau/Kadri locked in. Backlund signed to a cost-effective deal. We'll see what Conroy's mindset is by the deadline, but I anticipate he will sell some pieces if they're out of it. Fans put way too much emphasis on "rebuild" and "mushy middle." The mandate of every team is go for the cup. If you have a late 20s-early 30s core group, that is capable of making the playoffs, you supplement that, and you have a chance. Or, you trade every single thing away, and get a mystery box pick, and be bad for 5 years with no chance, and then you see what you have. Which do you think a team that hasn't finished bottom 5 despite their best efforts, would choose?

The core group without Toffoli has not shown any sign of being capable of making the playoffs. We will disagree all day on the Toffoli trade no point even going there. I'd sell Lindholm, Hanifin, Vlad inject some youth into the lineup and use those picks to try and restock the cupboards.

This team without Gaudreau just isn't good enough it's time to address the elephant in the room.

Reactions: deleted user

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The core group without Toffoli has not shown any sign of being capable of making the playoffs. We will disagree all day on the Toffoli trade no point even going there. I'd sell Lindholm, Hanifin, Vlad inject some youth into the lineup and use those picks to try and restock the cupboards.

This team without Gaudreau just isn't good enough it's time to address the elephant in the room.
They probably will do that if they're not in a playoff position come the deadline.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
They probably will do that if they're not in a playoff position come the deadline.
Not if they have them locked up which they have spent all offseason trying to do lol

Like I said the perception this team gives off doesn't line up with being willing to rebuild. Even the toffoli trade we got a mid pick and a bottom 6 forward for a 70+ point guy it doesn't help a rebuild.

Last edited:

bigtallshane2787

Oct 29, 2023
Not if they have them locked up which they have spent all offseason trying to do lol

Like I said the perception this team gives off doesn't line up with being willing to rebuild. Even the toffoli trade we got a mid pick and a bottom 6 forward for a 70+ point guy it doesn't help a rebuild.
Well this team right now is hot garbage. The Flames would be better off selling and trying to rebuild with the young talent we do have. I can see Dustin Wolf being the number one goalie at some point this year.

Coronato has been about the one bright spot, the fourth line was good on the road trip. Maybe when we get Pelletier back you try putting Coronato, Pelletier and Duehr on the same line. Huska has been putting everything else in the blender.

What if you took a moneyball approach, and traded for goals? You move Lindholm, Hanifin, and Vladar. Move that dead cap space and in return you trade for goals and young goal scorers. No I’m not talking Jack Hughes or anybody like that. I think the Flames could get 65 goals with those 3 players easily. You relegate Kadri Huberdeau and Such down to the lower lines.

You call up our NHL ready talent and maybe just maybe you get better. If not it’s something to build on. The Flames need to get younger.

This power play system is trash. It’s basically the same as almost every other team’s. DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT. Run it like a basketball play, have skaters away from the puck handler cut to the slot. Make the penalty killers move not just sit in a damn box for two minutes. The weak side pass to the slot would be open after you tire out the penalty killers.

The zone defense is trash, man up for god’s sake.

Thursday night was the worst display of hockey I’ve seen the Flames since the shit years from ‘97-‘03 this is as bad as the Pierre Page days. Don’t blame that loss or the losing streak on Markstrom.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Well this team right now is hot garbage. The Flames would be better off selling and trying to rebuild with the young talent we do have. I can see Dustin Wolf being the number one goalie at some point this year.

Coronato has been about the one bright spot, the fourth line was good on the road trip. Maybe when we get Pelletier back you try putting Coronato, Pelletier and Duehr on the same line. Huska has been putting everything else in the blender.

What if you took a moneyball approach, and traded for goals? You move Lindholm, Hanifin, and Vladar. Move that dead cap space and in return you trade for goals and young goal scorers. No I’m not talking Jack Hughes or anybody like that. I think the Flames could get 65 goals with those 3 players easily. You relegate Kadri Huberdeau and Such down to the lower lines.

You call up our NHL ready talent and maybe just maybe you get better. If not it’s something to build on. The Flames need to get younger.

This power play system is trash. It’s basically the same as almost every other team’s. DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT. Run it like a basketball play, have skaters away from the puck handler cut to the slot. Make the penalty killers move not just sit in a damn box for two minutes. The weak side pass to the slot would be open after you tire out the penalty killers.

The zone defense is trash, man up for god’s sake.

Thursday night was the worst display of hockey I’ve seen the Flames since the shit years from ‘97-‘03 this is as bad as the Pierre Page days. Don’t blame that loss or the losing streak on Markstrom.
Welcome to hf btw!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad