Post-Game Talk: blue @ RANGERS

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
Somebody said in the GDT that cup winning teams take so many penalties that refs just stop calling them, and I hate how true that sounds to me

That's exactly what the great Seahawks teams did in the NFL as well. They basically knew that the refs wouldn't call it every time and played like that. There were articles written about it and everything.

As for the game, we deserved a point at least. Georgiev can't let that goal in.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Blues Fan, gotta post. Was very impressed with several of the Rangers.
Howden, was really impressed with his play last night. One of the better players away from the Puck on the NYR.
Kakko is just starting to figure it out, kid is going to be sick. Binnington was able to get a piece of one of his shots that should have been in the net.
DeAngelo, love watching this kid play.
Staal, they guy continues to play solid defense. He is what he is a very good stray at home defensemen. A couple of years ago there was some rumors that the Blues where interested, would have loved to have had him.

On the flip side, Strome continues to be an idiot. The guy could have easily been called with 2-3 penalties last night, but love the guys play. Your in a dangerous position with him, is he the 30-40 point guy that he has shown over his career or the player he is this year?
Georgiev looked good last night, the Schenn goal was a complete fluke, the first goal is on your defensmen who was out of position.

Rangers have the skill, they just dont have a physical game right now. The scoring depth is there. Will be interesting to see what they do with Lundqvist this summer. That is a lot of potential cap space, even if they eat half of it for a year.

Really nice to see you and some others Blues fans dropping by to compliment the Rangers. Us Blueshirts have to stick together!

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Georgiev fell asleep. Standing straight up like a beer leaguer. He’s got to get down there and protect that far post. Just a ridiculous goal.

I was one of the smith votes. Thought he was good. He’s been at least as good as Brady Skjei 99% of the time.

Not the best goal to let up in that situation, but he also made a number of outstanding saves. He is the opposite of current day Hank. Always upright, in good position and controlling rebounds.
I didn't see you destroying Zibby for his assist on Parayko's goal.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Keep the tank alive! Lets get the nice draft pick :)

No.gif

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
True, but with Shesty in net they have at least 3 out of the past 6 points and are in a completely different position playoffs wise. Relying on your goalie isn't great, but having an elite one to fall back on tough times, is.
What games were you watching. WE were totally outplayed by Philly in the 2 games and last night maybe we should have gotten a point. The problem is if the bread man and Zib aren't scoring often we struggle offensively.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
That's exactly what the great Seahawks teams did in the NFL as well. They basically knew that the refs wouldn't call it every time and played like that. There were articles written about it and everything.

As for the game, we deserved a point at least. Georgiev can't let that goal in.

I guess it's a possibility that this is the case.

I coached my daughter's fifth grade basketball team this past season, and we played two teams, one of them twice, that basically played defense by fouling the entire game. After a while, the refs stopped calling fouls and allowed my team to get physically abused. Got so bad in the second game against one of them, I ended up getting kicked out of the game because I couldn't believe how ridiculous it was.

Both of those teams went deep into the league tournament.

Granted youth level basketball is not professional sports, the idea of a team just breaking the rules constantly because the refs aren't going to call it seems to be universal.

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
I guess I'll be the asshole that says I think the opposing teams fans coming by dropping their 2 cents is annoying? Especially when you see them saying MARC STAAL is a great stay at home defensemen? Comes across as smug but maybe that's just the sore loser in me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
What games were you watching. WE were totally outplayed by Philly in the 2 games and last night maybe we should have gotten a point. The problem is if the bread man and Zib aren't scoring often we struggle offensively.
Did you see the softies Hank and AG let in? I don’t care how we were outplayed. Igor doesn’t give up softies and makes tons of spectacular saves as well. AG and Hank both give up softies fairly regularly.

More scoring would overcome that sure, but you’re oversimplifying it using a cliche. Scoring wins. But so does great defense and guess what- great goaltending wins as well. We saw it for years with Hank. Each one can somewhat compensate for the others. I say Igor would have compensated for their inability to score and likely would have stole them 3 points, definitely at least 2 imo. Every point matters.

Last edited:

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
You don't win many games with one goal.
No, but what’d St. Louis have, like 17 shots against through 2 periods, and like 1 scoring scoring chance against in the 3rd? That’s the type of game where you can grab an all important point even with just 1 goal.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
No, but what’d St. Louis have, like 17 shots against through 2 periods, and like 1 scoring scoring chance against in the 3rd? That’s the type of game where you can grab an all important point even with just 1 goal.

It rarely happens. If you can't get a couple goals you generally lose. Don't see too many 1-0 games.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I guess I'll be the asshole that says I think the opposing teams fans coming by dropping their 2 cents is annoying? Especially when you see them saying MARC STAAL is a great stay at home defensemen? Comes across as smug but maybe that's just the sore loser in me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not going to go so far as to agree with your asshole comment but if an opposing fan comes over here and isn't trolling, I don't think anyone should have a problem with it at all.

Heck only a few days ago I went over to the Flyers board and I hate that friggen team but had a few things to say and they treated me just fine.

I don't see why it should be a big deal quite frankly as Blues fans seem more than cool with me.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
That team is so f***ing boring.

Take your Stanley Cup and choke on it, I have no respect for teams like that.

Yeah, let's be exciting and never win a Cup.

Personally, I like winning with any style. If winning a Cup while playing a style you don't love is not exciting to you, I'm not sure why you would pay attention to any sport.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah, let's be exciting and never win a Cup.

Personally, I like winning with any style. If winning a Cup while playing a style you don't love is not exciting to you, I'm not sure why you would pay attention to any sport.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad