Post-Game Talk: blue @ RANGERS

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Great game! Gotta say, I am very impressed with the young talent on your team. You guys are going to be a powerhouse sooner than later!

Blues are great. I think a Blues/Stars series would be amazing.

Rangers got a taste of playoff hockey from the Blues. A bit of a harsh reality as the Rangers lead the league in cross ice passes. The window for those cross ice passes gets narrow and often shut down come playoff time. Blues practically took them all away and they’re not in playoff mode yet.

Good game and thanks for the post. Good luck.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
It's funny, once the Rangers started playing actual good teams, they can't beat them.

I mean, not funny, because anybody with eyes that work could have seen that coming.

This team is not anywhere near ready to be in the NHL playoffs.
True, but with Shesty in net they have at least 3 out of the past 6 points and are in a completely different position playoffs wise. Relying on your goalie isn't great, but having an elite one to fall back on tough times, is.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
So stupidly biased and shortsighted. Do you realize essentially EVERY player’s mistake can be put spotlight on and conclude costing team’s points???! You picked a .5 PPG $3.1m player who found unexpected synergy with the team’s best player that made him reach new career highs and himself a PPG player.
There’s should be absolutely no finger pointing on anyone who played last night, especially not on a guy who had a bad prior game and who actually should be commended for cleaning it all up while competing against O’Reilly - one of the very best two-way centers in the game right now!!!

P.S. Conveniently forgotten was his primary assist on Zibanejad’s only team’s goal.
So stupidly biased? Facts are stupidly biased? No sir, facts are just that, facts.

The only one biased here is you. Youre the one who comes out constantly with the fire and passion to defend this lazy hockey player. “Synergy” LOL...who are you, Bern? OMGGGGG Strome has synergy with one of the most talented players in the league. It could not possibly be that Panarin would have this affect on other players in this league if they were on his line. No way!!!! Strome is the only one!! And because he has produced 60 points this year, strongly benefiting from playing with Panarin which we just continue to ignore and in fact we give him more of the credit than we do the Breadman (mind blowing), we also then ignore how incredibly stupid of a hockey player this guy is.

What is amazing is you call me biased, however, I would not be bashing this guy if he had not constantly committed lazy penalty after lazy penalty. 7th year in the league for this guy. 7th year. How many excuses are you going to make for this guy? He is committing mistakes that are DIRECTLY correlating to goals against. What is there to debate here? Do other players make mistakes? Yeahppp...I acknowledged the mistakes by DeAngelo and Georgiev. It just so happens that Strome has become the one constant who shows up with mistakes over and over and over again.

Lets look at some recent ones...

CBJ game: doesn’t backcheck with less than 2 minutes to play, glides off for a line change...CBJ scores and we get zero points.

NYI game: takes a penalty while on the PP with about 10 minutes left. Swings the momentum when the Islanders were on the ropes and kills the Rangers chances to put the game away. Islanders tie it late and get a point.

2nd PHI game: 1) misses the net badly, puck goes the other way for an odd man rush, Lindgren takes a penalty, PHI scores. 2) on the PP has trouble handling the puck, is bullied off the puck for the turnover, puck goes the other way for a SHG. 3) Takes another stick infraction penalty, PHI scores on the PP

STL game: Another stick infraction penalty. STL scores on the ensuing penalty. Tight game where STL had nothing going for themselves offensively. He opened the door of opportunity.

Bias? Nope sorry, these are f***ing FACTS. Facts.

Oh and dont worry I acknowledged is lay up pass to Zibanejad that half the league could have made with the time and space both he and Zib had after Buchnevich’s hard work in the corner. If could not make that pass happen, then he should pack it up for the remainder of the season. Gimme a break with the love fest you have for him.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Our biggest problem is that guys like Chytil, Kakko, Gauthier, DiGuseppe arent putting up any points. Like nothing. Chytil has like what 2 points in the last 15-20 games, its unacceptable for a guy who is getting the better matchups behind our top two lines. Kakko gets a pass being a 19 year old rookie but the rest need to chip in. Atleast Howden has started to pick away at some points the last 4 or 5 games, the others need to pull their weight especially Chytil.

Last edited:
Reactions: RGY

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
What's really weird is, a typical NHL season starts with pond hockey, while turning into the clutch and grab, dead puck era hockey after the All-Star break. Then in the playoffs it's an open bloodbath in front of both nets and infractions everywhere.
Which is why teams need guys who play a heavy game.
The Blues play a very heavy game. Borderline in my opinion. They, at least last night, got away with a ton of penalties.
Of course, there are those who want the Rangers to become the Leafs, full of skill but won't win in crunchtime.

Reactions: Lone Ranger

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Oh, and Georgiev just isn't very good part 26.
Teams are throwing pucks at his feet from bad angles. He likes to stay on his feet and has trouble with them. Every game there's one where he's caught and barely gets a piece of the puck and is lucky it just hits him instead of going in as he's not in position or prepared for the shot, and the rebound is juicy AF but we escape so no one discusses it. Between those and the backhanders going in he's got a lot to work on.

Last edited:

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Our biggest problem is that guys like Chytil, Kakko, Gauthier, DiGuseppe arent putting up any points. Like nothing. Chytil has like what 2 points in the last 15-20 games, its unacceptable for a guy who is getting the better matchups behind our top two lines. Kakko gets a pass being a firet year guy but the rest need to chip in. Atleast Howden has started to pick away at some points the last 4 or 5 games, the others need to pull their weight especially Chytil.
Agreed. Folks were pumping Chytil as Zbads near equal earlier in the year which is nuts. Chytil needs to get stronger on his skates so he can make plays with guys being physical with him along the boards. He never bounces off a hit. He gets squeezed off the puck too easily. He got way stronger this past offseason, it just needs to translate to his balance.

KK's long stick is a hindrance to him right now. He loves to use the length of it and put the puck 3 feet away from his body and then tries a quick pull back to beat the defender. It never works. NHL players are too savvy and quick, at least currently, for him to pull it off. He's gotten better using short fakeout bursts to avoid getting hemmed into the boards where he flounders due to lack of strength, it's good to see him adapting and using other skills of his. And that chance with him alone in front, he had all the time in the world but needs to get that shot off quicker. Don't pick a spot, it's too late at that point if you are.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
So stupidly biased? Facts are stupidly biased? No sir, facts are just that, facts.

The only one biased here is you. Youre the one who comes out constantly with the fire and passion to defend this lazy hockey player. “Synergy” LOL...who are you, Bern? OMGGGGG Strome has synergy with one of the most talented players in the league. It could not possibly be that Panarin would have this affect on other players in this league if they were on his line. No way!!!! Strome is the only one!! And because he has produced 60 points this year, strongly benefiting from playing with Panarin which we just continue to ignore and in fact we give him more of the credit than we do the Breadman (mind blowing), we also then ignore how incredibly stupid of a hockey player this guy is.

What is amazing is you call me biased, however, I would not be bashing this guy if he had not constantly committed lazy penalty after lazy penalty. 7th year in the league for this guy. 7th year. How many excuses are you going to make for this guy? He is committing mistakes that are DIRECTLY correlating to goals against. What is there to debate here? Do other players make mistakes? Yeahppp...I acknowledged the mistakes by DeAngelo and Georgiev. It just so happens that Strome has become the one constant who shows up with mistakes over and over and over again.

Lets look at some recent ones...

CBJ game: doesn’t backcheck with less than 2 minutes to play, glides off for a line change...CBJ scores and we get zero points.

NYI game: takes a penalty while on the PP with about 10 minutes left. Swings the momentum when the Islanders were on the ropes and kills the Rangers chances to put the game away. Islanders tie it late and get a point.

2nd PHI game: 1) misses the net badly, puck goes the other way for an odd man rush, Lindgren takes a penalty, PHI scores. 2) on the PP has trouble handling the puck, is bullied off the puck for the turnover, puck goes the other way for a SHG. 3) Takes another stick infraction penalty, PHI scores on the PP

STL game: Another stick infraction penalty. STL scores on the ensuing penalty. Tight game where STL had nothing going for themselves offensively. He opened the door of opportunity.

Bias? Nope sorry, these are f***ing FACTS. Facts.

Oh and dont worry I acknowledged is lay up pass to Zibanejad that half the league could have made with the time and space both he and Zib had after Buchnevich’s hard work in the corner. If could not make that pass happen, then he should pack it up for the remainder of the season. Gimme a break with the love fest you have for him.
Blah, blah, blah... If a PPG production was a standard for $3m player I'd listen to your biyatchin. Otherwise, it's nothing but bias. Give me YOUR player who's in YOUR view performing to or exceeding expectations and I will list his contributions to lost points.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Teams are throwing pucks at his feet from bad angles. He likes to stay on his feet and has trouble with them. Every game there's one where he's caught and barely gets a piece of the puck and is lucky it just hits him instead of going in as he's not in position or prepared for the shot, and the rebound is juicy AF but we escape so no one discusses it. Between those and the backhanders going in he's got a lot to work on.

I think you responded to the wrong post?

Reactions: romba

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Our biggest problem is that guys like Chytil, Kakko, Gauthier, DiGuseppe arent putting up any points. Like nothing. Chytil has like what 2 points in the last 15-20 games, its unacceptable for a guy who is getting the better matchups behind our top two lines. Kakko gets a pass being a 19 year old rookie but the rest need to chip in. Atleast Howden has started to pick away at some points the last 4 or 5 games, the others need to pull their weight especially Chytil.

This is the nature of rebuild. Young guys require patience from the coaches and the fan base to get to at least 22-23 (and this is for high draft picks) to start having any kind of consistency expectations. Don't know why you only (appropriately) cutting Kakko some slack but not doing the same for Chytil who's barely a year older, playing a tougher position and who wasn't a 2OA pick.

I thought last night the whole kiddies line was good - it was important to have them play mistake-free game against this caliber of competition.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
imagine actually playing him real mins?
He's gotten more ice time in his last 4 games than his first 4, so I'd expect this trend to slowly continue over the remainder of the season. Remember, he's still only played 13 NHL games in his career, so I think the coaching staff is trying to slowly ease him into the system before giving him a bigger role.

That being said, last night was definitely one of his best games as a Ranger, and I think he's going to start forcing Quinn's hand in earning more ice time.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Agreed. Folks were pumping Chytil as Zbads near equal earlier in the year which is nuts. Chytil needs to get stronger on his skates so he can make plays with guys being physical with him along the boards. He never bounces off a hit. He gets squeezed off the puck too easily. He got way stronger this past offseason, it just needs to translate to his balance.

KK's long stick is a hindrance to him right now. He loves to use the length of it and put the puck 3 feet away from his body and then tries a quick pull back to beat the defender. It never works. NHL players are too savvy and quick, at least currently, for him to pull it off. He's gotten better using short fakeout bursts to avoid getting hemmed into the boards where he flounders due to lack of strength, it's good to see him adapting and using other skills of his. And that chance with him alone in front, he had all the time in the world but needs to get that shot off quicker. Don't pick a spot, it's too late at that point if you are.
I agree with mostly everything but Kakko has a short stick.

Reactions: romba

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
Blues Fan, gotta post. Was very impressed with several of the Rangers.
Howden, was really impressed with his play last night. One of the better players away from the Puck on the NYR.
Kakko is just starting to figure it out, kid is going to be sick. Binnington was able to get a piece of one of his shots that should have been in the net.
DeAngelo, love watching this kid play.
Staal, they guy continues to play solid defense. He is what he is a very good stray at home defensemen. A couple of years ago there was some rumors that the Blues where interested, would have loved to have had him.

On the flip side, Strome continues to be an idiot. The guy could have easily been called with 2-3 penalties last night, but love the guys play. Your in a dangerous position with him, is he the 30-40 point guy that he has shown over his career or the player he is this year?
Georgiev looked good last night, the Schenn goal was a complete fluke, the first goal is on your defensmen who was out of position.

Rangers have the skill, they just dont have a physical game right now. The scoring depth is there. Will be interesting to see what they do with Lundqvist this summer. That is a lot of potential cap space, even if they eat half of it for a year.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Man, I'm still thinking about what could have been if Gauthier pulled off that between-the-legs move.

I jumped off my seat - it was VERY close. Otherwise it's a good sign that he actually went for it even if he wasn't unable to score because it indicates an increasing level of comfort to decide to go for it.

Reactions: leetch99

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Which is why teams need guys who play a heavy game.
The Blues play a very heavy game. Borderline in my opinion. They, at least last night, got away with a ton of penalties.
Of course, there are those who want the Rangers to become the Leafs, full of skill but won't win in crunchtime.

Definitely, at least 3 CLEAR penalty worthy situations that were not called for no good reason.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I jumped off my seat - it was VERY close. Otherwise it's a good sign that he actually went for it even if he wasn't unable to score because it indicates an increasing level of comfort to decide to go for it.
He also had that chance in front of the net where we had the puck coming off of the low-left circle but just couldn't get control of the puck. He's been getting better game-by-game, and it's only a matter of time before he starts finishing these chances.

My only issue with him last night were a few times were he tried making lead passes in the NZ but just put a bit too much sauce on the puck. Other than that, I've liked his vision given that he's been labeled as a shoot-first player with tunnel vision issues.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
BTW, something that was mentioned on the broadcast - props to Ruff for staying after last practice to work with the kiddies line. Whatever they worked on or whatever he said to them definitely worked. Again, it would've been easy for them to fold and most of us wouldn't blame them because they were playing against the Blues but fortunately no excuses were needed - they all stepped up to the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad