Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It was a Blue Angles tribute sweater

Yeah I definitely got that impression from the video. :laugh:

Regardless, they've always used a blue/red/white/gold color scheme of some kind throughout the years, it wouldn't be that hard to incorporate those colors into an entirely new look. I really wish they'd get away from black-and-blue.

Reactions: CharlesPuck

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Yeah I definitely got that impression from the video. :laugh:

Regardless, they've always used a blue/red/white/gold color scheme of some kind throughout the years, it wouldn't be that hard to incorporate those colors into an entirely new look. I really wish they'd get away from black-and-blue.

lol I didn’t even look at that video. Whoops, good job.

yeah agreed, the blue and black doesn’t work well.

Reactions: Pokecheque

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Ok so it's to promote the air show not the Blue Angles. Because I don't think there's any Navy/Marine bases in Colorado. Bit of a stretch but the unis looks pretty good, so it's ok. :laugh:
They are the "headliners" of the show.
The 2021 Great Colorado Air Show will be held on October 16th and 17th at the Northern Colorado Regional Airport in Loveland, CO. The U.S. Navy Blue Angels are coming to Colorado to headline the show, along with many other incredible aerial performances you won't want to miss!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
They are the "headliners" of the show.

The Blue Angels are the headliners at every air show they go to around the country though. They don't have any ties to Colorado or Loveland. That's what I mean.

Seems like this was done purely to promote and increase attendance for this specific air show. Which is fine I guess.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
I just gotta say, are the Ducks ever going to change their awful jerseys? Gotta be worst in the league. Arizona went back to the Kachinas (garbage team, amazing jersey lol), just go back to the Mighty Ducks and be done with it. And remember it could always be worse if you think our jersey sucks

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I just gotta say, are the Ducks ever going to change their awful jerseys? Gotta be worst in the league. Arizona went back to the Kachinas (garbage team, amazing jersey lol), just go back to the Mighty Ducks and be done with it. And remember it could always be worse if you think our jersey sucks
I wonder if Disney would allow that? They have those 3rds, but I'm sure that was a pain to get the ok for.

Reactions: Avs91

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I wonder if Disney would allow that? They have those 3rds, but I'm sure that was a pain to get the ok for.

On the contrary, they likely viewed it as good marketing for their Mighty Ducks show.

I really don’t like that movie and thought the whole notion of a pro hockey team inspired by a movie was just lame beyond belief, but eggplant and teal is a good color combo.

And yes the Ducks currently sport hands down the very worst uniform in the NHL. Worse than the Kings, worse than the Panthers, worse than the Jets and Canucks put together. It’d be super-easy to fix that but teams never seem to go for the easy solution when it comes to jerseys.

senseimike

Dec 6, 2015
Any of you guys know what led the Avs to the gradual move to all blue? It looks soooooo ugly and unbalanced relative to the logo, burgundy and grey but there has to be some reason for the gradual changes...

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Any of you guys know what led the Avs to the gradual move to all blue? It looks soooooo ugly and unbalanced relative to the logo, burgundy and grey but there has to be some reason for the gradual changes...

A few of us here don't agree that it's ugly at all, but no one is sure when the decision was made to switch to blue. I'm guessing the ball started rolling when the newly redesigned jerseys came out and did not incorporate any black (outside of the numbers) in them.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Look, Adidas can easily add two stripes on a diagonal template. Now the Avs just need to bring back the blue stripe on their away:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah, I have zero issue with the uniforms at present. Just keep them the way they are.

I have thoughts on the Smurf jerseys the Eagles are wearing but that's an entirely different discussion.

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
The homes look bad because of the helmets. They are nothing short of horrible. Pants and gloves are fine. I wouldn't say overall it is an improvement from black, but I can get the idea of what they were going for and it is fine enough. The roads are just utter hot garbage. Certainly up there with the worst setup in the league... so, so bad.

We need to petition this to be our full time uniform.

cut.jpeg
I thought this jersey was crap.

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
Two quick visual aids to illustrate my points with the Canadiens. A team that is historically regarded as one of the best looking teams in sports.

1. This is your new look Habs, complete with black pants!! It looks awful and makes no sense since the Habs are blue, red and white. No black in their color pallet. Same as the Avs....

image.png

2. The Habs currently have mismatched blues. Both the CCMs and Bauer pants are different colors. In addition, both are different from the gloves. Its fine for them yet a huge deal for the Avs...

image.png

Both of these go to show that the Avs look good, fine, whatever. They don't look like HOT GARBAGE or THE WORST TEAM EVER.....

It is purely a matter of time. People need to give it a few weeks/months and then look back.
I agree.

Shinjuku Calling

Jun 20, 2017
100%. The D duck foot logo stinks, the orange is hideous, the overall design of the jerseys are abysmal..
And the retro kits are gorgeous. I see people wearing eggplant mighty ducks bomber jackets and hats all the time, and it isn't because they like the movies. It would have me pulling my hair out if I were a fan of the team. Just having blue pants is bad enough for me lol.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
I love our current jerseys. The homes are great, and the away look better with the blue numbers. Since I can remember, we’ve always been referred to as the ‘burgundy and blue’, and that’s what we are now.

I know some like to nitpick that’s there’s ‘too much blue’, meh. Going back and looking at the old kits with Sakic and those guys, these are better lol.

As far as the thirds, they’re great! As thirds. You think Sakic wants to see the guys raise the cup wearing the A or…?

Also Peter Baugh (our Athletic guy) also likes the thirds for our new main. As far as I’m concerned he can kiss my ass :sarcasm: Follow this team (or hockey in general) for 20+ years and then we can revisit your point (I mean that in good fun lol)

I’ll quickly add the reason I don’t want to see the thirds go full time is because… well I think they are kind of boring compared to our current set. Navy, kind of generic pattern… our stripes are at least unique, and the blue pops more. Plus there’s all the history with the A. Just my thoughts/opinion.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad