OT: Blue Pants/Gloves

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Various polls have routinely ranked the Avs kit among the worst in the NHL.

But Some people like hairless cats. That may be you. Some think ugly is pretty. But I’d suggest seeing a optometrist today.

the black helmet/pants Avs look was horrible. The blue one isn’t much of an improvement. And those polls will continue to deservingly give our jersey low marks.

Save for the badass retro jersey that got all sorts of love in those same polls of fans and NHL people. At least we agree those are amazing.

Yeah, vague referencing to some meaningless polls, which may or may not exist, is truly a massive support for your claims . Cant really argue with that, right.

Black was nice complementary color for powder blue and burgundy. Blue is indeed massive degradation, but so would be burgundy. The black is essential to entire design. I am sorry you lack actual taste to see it.
If you are such a huge sucker for burgundy color, that black and blue on Avs sweater insult you, i suggest start cheering for Arizona.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Yeah, vague referencing to some meaningless polls, which may or may not exist, is truly a massive support for your claims . Cant really argue with that, right.

Black was nice complementary color for powder blue and burgundy. Blue is indeed massive degradation, but so would be burgundy. The black is essential to entire design. I am sorry you lack actual taste to see it.
If you are such a huge sucker for burgundy color, that black and blue on Avs sweater insult you, i suggest start cheering for Arizona.
I like the Yotes jersey. It’s not bad. Really liked their retro look.

Avs are my team but their kit has always sucked. Sucked when we had the stupid looking black helmets and pants/gloves. Still looks bad when it was changed to blue.

Ugly and disjointed design is hard to fix by changing colors. Insulting isn’t the right word. Butt ugly more accurately captures it. The guy that originally designed the Avs jersey should be doing something completely different with his life because he sucks something awful at jersey design. My elementary aged kids could have come up with something more visually appealing. The black element was one of the worst aspects of why the Avs always had the jersey look you’d see in a bad Al Pacino movie.

at least the Avs have great players to wear their ugly sweater.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I know the opinion is that they had to go with blue equipment over burgundy because burgundy wouldn’t work with the home uniforms but I’m not so sure I agree. I just mocked it up in the EA Sports game and I think it’s fine.
82E51F38-3938-4A15-A6C2-1EE88DAF511F.jpeg

Especially since it’ll allow us to go with these on the road…..
5348CE10-5F62-4E70-8A96-2374B693B5B5.jpeg

Reactions: ASmileyFace

Lavina21

Mar 30, 2019
Russia
I know the opinion is that they had to go with blue equipment over burgundy because burgundy wouldn’t work with the home uniforms but I’m not so sure I agree. I just mocked it up in the EA Sports game and I think it’s fine. View attachment 471127

Especially since it’ll allow us to go with these on the road…..
View attachment 471130

The home uniform looks like Team Russia 2002 (Salt lake city)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah NO, I want nothing to do with a burgundy helmet.

Again, I'd be okay with them switching back to black pants/helmets/gloves, but they gotta incorporate black back into the uniform, and not just numbers either. But they didn't, so I'm okay with this change and I like the new look.

Where I think the new look is bad is in Loveland, but IMO even if the helmets/pants/gloves had stayed black that would have still been a terrible look. Have the Eagles ever had a good uniform?

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Yeah NO, I want nothing to do with a burgundy helmet.

Again, I'd be okay with them switching back to black pants/helmets/gloves, but they gotta incorporate black back into the uniform, and not just numbers either. But they didn't, so I'm okay with this change and I like the new look.

Where I think the new look is bad is in Loveland, but IMO even if the helmets/pants/gloves had stayed black that would have still been a terrible look. Have the Eagles ever had a good uniform?

They've had the occasional one-off that was nice, but generally, no. Their kits have always been underwhelming, at best.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I really like the current home set-up. Think it looks great.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the reverse retro unis become the permanent road jerseys though.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I really like the current home set-up. Think it looks great.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the reverse retro unis become the permanent road jerseys though.

Not really possible. No team in the league has two different sets of pants for home/away, the logistics involved if you had to bring both sets for a given road trip would be difficult.

Wonder if a version of the RR (with blue and burgundy reversed) would be possible.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The more I see the blue numbers and the blue letter on the front the more I like the change.
The blue letter on the front is a huge deal. It really ties the blue pants and gloves to the entire uniform for the captains and alternates. I think Gabe, Nate, etc look so much better in the road uni’s than everyone else and it’s because of their blue letters.

Reactions: Pokecheque

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I just don't get why and how they had Burgundy equipment for the Reverse Retro sweater, yet can't use that type of equipment for white kit? I mean your marketing team went out and spent funds for just a year worth of coloured equipment.

I am not sure I am understanding this obsession with blue though, for people who watch the Nuggets, by any chance have they gotten more blue the last couple of years as well?

Reactions: madman

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The more I see the blue numbers and the blue letter on the front the more I like the change.

I feel the exact opposite. :laugh: The more I see it the more I hate the away setup. The blue pants with all that dark burgundy at the bottom of the jersey just look silly to me.

They clash like crazy IMO because the burgundy is so dark, and unfortunately the blue numbers and letters don't help enough.

Reactions: madman

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Eagles wore these last night, and it might very well be the best uniform they've ever had.

Mind you, I don't love that they look like they should be the affiliate for St. Louis, but the gold really pairs well with that shade of blue, much, much better than black.

The cursive logo on the front was...meh, but still better than the weird blocky serifed font they usually use.

Somehow find a way to work burgundy in there with the blue and gold, and you might come out with a real winner.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
The Eagles wore these last night, and it might very well be the best uniform they've ever had.

Mind you, I don't love that they look like they should be the affiliate for St. Louis, but the gold really pairs well with that shade of blue, much, much better than black.

The cursive logo on the front was...meh, but still better than the weird blocky serifed font they usually use.

Somehow find a way to work burgundy in there with the blue and gold, and you might come out with a real winner.

It was a Blue Angles tribute sweater

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad