GDT: blue lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Wait until Jaskin actually gets to the 220+ lb. range that Hitch said he was already at (I personally think his real weight is around 205 right now). Jaskin's body type/frame is perfect to add a lot of bulk - he is going to be a force, just as long as his skating improves/keeps up with offseason weight gains.
I predict an article title that reads: "Asking for a Jaskin" at some point.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Great win vs. a tough team on the road. Too bad Rinne is stealing a game away from The Jets. The Blues just can't seem to gain on Nashville, no matter how many wins they garner.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Great win vs. a tough team on the road. Too bad Rinne is stealing a game away from The Jets. The Blues just can't seem to gain on Nashville, no matter how many wins they garner.

Considering the Blues are what like 17-2-1 in their last 20 and are still trailing....I wish that team nothing but misery lol. Their season is beastmode enabled.

But as hitch basically said. Bring on Chicago, weather it's the 1st or 2nd round. You have to beat them

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Wait until Jaskin actually gets to the 220+ lb. range that Hitch said he was already at (I personally think his real weight is around 205 right now). Jaskin's body type/frame is perfect to add a lot of bulk - he is going to be a force, just as long as his skating improves/keeps up with offseason weight gains.

Yeah, he's probably 205-210 currently. I could easily see 220 when he fills out. Totally agree, he's going to be a force. He's really coming on

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Yeah, he's probably 205-210 currently. I could easily see 220 when he fills out. Totally agree, he's going to be a force. He's really coming on
Jaskin is really starting to find his game. The Blues are actually starting to remind me of great teams in that when they bring up young guys to a great team, they perform. Like the Cards always seem to do.

Im going to start a thread on the SOB line on the main board. Since so many of you are embarassed by Blues threads on that board I'd like to get your input on how I should put it together so it doesnt offend any of you guys.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I was wrong about the 20's line. I think we can safely go into the playoffs with the team (mostly) as is, long as we get healthy.

Get well soon, Shatty.

This is what I'm thinking as well.

Jaskin is hitting Schwartz levels with his play along the boards and he's really starting to play with confidence.

Berglund looked pretty good tonight, but he's playing TOO much of a possession game for my liking. That play where he flicked it off the boards to himself was the kind of game I would like to see out of him once in awhile where he won't hold onto the puck for more than 5 seconds. I know playing possessively has its place, especially when needing to set up in the offensive zone. This is more just a "let's look at something new" complaint.

Not much else to say other than that. SOB played very very well, especially Oshie. The STL line had some breaks but were smothered well by TB, so kudus to them for that.

The only glaring hole I saw today was from Pietrangelo today. He didn't play horribly, but looked really uncomfortable in his own zone, which led to some misplays. I think it says a lot about him that I think this is his worst game he's played in the last month or so.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Jaskin is really starting to find his game. The Blues are actually starting to remind me of great teams in that when they bring up young guys to a great team, they perform. Like the Cards always seem to do.

Im going to start a thread on the SOB line on the main board. Since so many of you are embarassed by Blues threads on that board I'd like to get your input on how I should put it together so it doesnt offend any of you guys.

who cares what people think. If you want to start an SOB thread, it's your right.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

There's a big difference between gloating and sincerely asking for input from other fans. Jumping the gun and proclaiming dominance makes the whole base look smug. I agree that the SOB line deserves recognition. But we know where it'll go. Playoff chockers, Backes is a punk, Steen is streaky, Oshie is a 2nd liner as best.

Personally I think they are the best 2 way line in the league.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I would make a post asking about the best two way lines and offer up SOB as a suggestion. Or ask what people think about that line.

Stating that it is the best two-way line probably won't garner good discussion.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
NVM. Started the thread. I tried to imply the typical they're just on a hot streak, etc. IF someone could supply the stats since Jan 1, that would be great. I dont know the peticulars.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
This is what I'm thinking as well.

Jaskin is hitting Schwartz levels with his play along the boards and he's really starting to play with confidence.

Berglund looked pretty good tonight, but he's playing TOO much of a possession game for my liking. That play where he flicked it off the boards to himself was the kind of game I would like to see out of him once in awhile where he won't hold onto the puck for more than 5 seconds. I know playing possessively has its place, especially when needing to set up in the offensive zone. This is more just a "let's look at something new" complaint.

Not much else to say other than that. SOB played very very well, especially Oshie. The STL line had some breaks but were smothered well by TB, so kudus to them for that.

The only glaring hole I saw today was from Pietrangelo today. He didn't play horribly, but looked really uncomfortable in his own zone, which led to some misplays. I think it says a lot about him that I think this is his worst game he's played in the last month or so.

Save for a ridiculous upgrade, I think the team is pretty much set aside from getting/staying healthy.

That said, we still have $5.9M in cap space, so that's something to keep in mind.

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
you guys complain about Hitch but at least he never has used such a bad defensive scheme as this:

c03A97u.jpg

Ha. Thats a great screen shot

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
I would make a post asking about the best two way lines and offer up SOB as a suggestion. Or ask what people think about that line.

Stating that it is the best two-way line probably won't garner good discussion.
Yeah. Didnt even go there. Just mentioned their offensive prowess since Jan 1. I still dont understand why some Blues fans are so worried about a bit of 'gloating.' We are fans of one of the best teams in the league and when they do something exceptional I dont see a problem, all other teams fans do. Maybe all the failure has created a sensitivity to it. Myself, I dont care what they think. If the Blues tank in the playoffs then fine. Im used to it. No one on HF is going to sway me to another team or make me believe that the Blues are in someway inferior.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If you don't care, why post? Lol

It's more of we know how a main board Blues thread goes....

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Yeah. Didnt even go there. Just mentioned their offensive prowess since Jan 1. I still dont understand why some Blues fans are so worried about a bit of 'gloating.' We are fans of one of the best teams in the league and when they do something exceptional I dont see a problem, all other teams fans do. Maybe all the failure has created a sensitivity to it. Myself, I dont care what they think. If the Blues tank in the playoffs then fine. Im used to it. No one on HF is going to sway me to another team or make me believe that the Blues are in someway inferior.

I am not worried about gloating. I just look forward to good discussion. It's hard to get that on the open seas, when someone is pimping their team. It's not a matter of right or wrong. It's just the way the main board operates.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

First there are the Blackhawk fans...no explanation necessary.

Then there's some combination of Sens fans, Kings fans and Sharks fans...Sens fans and Sharks fans are bitter for their own reasons and Kings fans will never let us forget the past two playoff losses.

Then a few scattered fans from the rest of the teams come in to poke fun at our lack of playoff success.

And fending them all off? Us Blues fans.

No thanks. :shakehead

Last edited:

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012

You dont get what Im saying. I dont care about starting a thread. I do care about the Blues, though. You and a couple others have helped me learn the sensitivity of the Blues fan base on HF. Thought I would consult before I made it, but I realized that it makes no real sense. The Blues are a great team and everyone knows it.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
You dont get what Im saying. I dont care about starting a thread. I do care about the Blues, though. You and a couple others have helped me learn the sensitivity of the Blues fan base on HF. Thought I would consult before I made it, but I realized that it makes no real sense. The Blues are a great team and everyone knows it.

I've definitely got your back on this one. I don't remember exactly what the last one was but it was just a Lil premature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland