GDT: blue lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Now that we've won this game, I want to ask, do you consider the Lightning on the same tier as the Blackhawks?

Why is it that we can beat a team like Tampa, who are an elite team, on the road, but not the Blackhawks?

It's clearly not a talent issue, so there has to be a mental element.

FloridaBlue

Mar 9, 2014
Wildwood, MO
BLUES WIN!
18.gif

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
you guys complain about Hitch but at least he never has used such a bad defensive scheme as this:

c03A97u.jpg

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
This game reminds me of the Chappelle show episode where Rick James grinds his feet into Eddie Murphy's couch.

Blues so did that to Tampa. Came into their house and ground their dirty shoes into their white suede couch

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
That drunk lady was incredibly annoying. I'm surprised the people around her didn't tell her to shut up.

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
This game reminds me of the Chappelle show episode where Rick James grinds his feet into Eddie Murphy's couch.

Blues so did that to Tampa. Came into their house and ground their dirty shoes into their white suede couch

I saw Chappelle show episode and immediately thought about the basketball game with Prince

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Now that we've won this game, I want to ask, do you consider the Lightning on the same tier as the Blackhawks?

Why is it that we can beat a team like Tampa, who are an elite team, on the road, but not the Blackhawks?

It's clearly not a talent issue, so there has to be a mental element.

They aren't on the Hawks level. Not even close IMO.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I dont think he will have the mean streak that Bertuzzi had. Personally I like the Hossa lite comparison

Take away the mean streak, and I see similar talent levels. But damn, I like Jaskin a lot. He's going to be a force

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Overally decent game. Our confident level was high high high. I think they got all controll, only that 5-3 goal was bad. Jackman didn't play his man (stamkos) and then next shift Backes maybe frustraded and take penalty. Then SH kill was pure domination by us, great stand up.

Btw in this season Backes hasnt draw so many frustraded penalties when they are behind. Last season it was the rule than the exception.

Jbo looked tonight much better then couple last games. Hate to say this, but our Dmens are soft. Too soft. I kind of miss Lindbohm.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Hedman is so clearly not a top 10 defenseman, he is terrible defensively, why does that narrative keep getting pushed?

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Jaskin is a tough dude. Bertuzzi was pretty nasty though.

Wait until Jaskin actually gets to the 220+ lb. range that Hitch said he was already at (I personally think his real weight is around 205 right now). Jaskin's body type/frame is perfect to add a lot of bulk - he is going to be a force, just as long as his skating improves/keeps up with offseason weight gains.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I was wrong about the 20's line. I think we can safely go into the playoffs with the team (mostly) as is, long as we get healthy.

Get well soon, Shatty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1