GDT: blue jet

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The quality of play maybe? I'd hardly call that a full game effort. Is what it is but that's a winnable game if they keep their foot down.
Thought they played fine. Looked a bit stale to start the 3rd, but the Jets are a desperate, heavy team that were going to come out hard at home.

That's a fairly solid road game they played, IMO. I think some people are just looking for perfection.

Also, if Lehtera is going to sit, there's one guy who I would easily want to replace him, and he's not currently on the roster. Adam Cracknell.

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Schwartz-Stastny-Tarasenko
Berglund-Goc-Jaskin
Cracknell-Ott-Reaves

That's what I would do. I personally think Cracknell provides more than the other options, and he raises his game when things get intense. I think he's been a good performer for us in his role, and I wouldn't mind having him in the lineup, even in the playoffs.

Spicy Panger

Jan 17, 2015
Teams that cannot beat other teams in regulation get no respect from me. It is the same reason I rip the Blues for being unable to win @CHI/ANA/LA in regulation.

The Jets have a 0% chance of beating the Blues in a 7 game series just like the Blues have a 0% chance of beating LA or CHI in a 7 game series.

Wow, 0%?

Honest question: if we get LA or CHI do you even plan on watching?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Give Lehterä a couple of weeks rest just before the playoffs, move Stastny up and use the time to get a look at Fabbri or Rattie. Rotate others as well. Finishing as high in the standings as possible is important, but I'd rather be in the best possible condition.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Wow, 0%?

Honest question: if we get LA or CHI do you even plan on watching?

Ill watch them win the first two at home then I will stop.

I understand it might sound like I am being a elitist but until teams can prove that they can beat you, why think differently? The Jets have shown that cant beat the Blues in regulation anywhere and the Blues have shown they cant beat the Hawks, Ducks or Kings on the road. Just the reality of things.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Give Lehterä a couple of weeks rest just before the playoffs, move Stastny up and use the time to get a look at Fabbri or Rattie. Rotate others as well. Finishing as high in the standings as possible is important, but I'd rather be in the best possible condition.

Exactly. Would love to see Jokinen in for Lehtera.

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
Lehtera is disappearing. He looks like he needs a break pretty badly.

The Blues were not very organized for much of the game. They'll need to hold it together better than that when the heat gets turned up in the playoffs.

He's been on a steady decline for a while. It must be a physical issue as he is not performing at near the level that he was for the first half of the season. Needs to be shut down.

Lines I would like to see against Minny
SBO
SST
BJJ
PGR

Gotta Jet

Aug 25, 2011
Behind the net
Teams that cannot beat other teams in regulation get no respect from me. It is the same reason I rip the Blues for being unable to win @CHI/ANA/LA in regulation.

The Jets have a 0% chance of beating the Blues in a 7 game series just like the Blues have a 0% chance of beating LA or CHI in a 7 game series.

You see this is where I have a huge issue. What happens in the regular season is only for seeding. Everybody knows that the second season called the playoffs often brings different characteristics from teams. This always happens. To say the Blues have 0% chance is absolute stupidity. The Jets can beat the Blues just like Boston can beat the Rangers. You just never know.

The Blues likely a #1 seed should win but it is not guaranteed.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Sorry OT:

What is this end of game other HFboard fans comes here chirp and chärp and what else? Last week Wild fans get messy around here and now Jets fans? Is this common behave here? Or do you guys (Blues) do it also, yapping to other team forum after winning the game?

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
well he had a 1-0 lead in the shootout and didnt hold it, either way the ball was in his court. the ladd goal was the same move he has done so not sure what ells was looking for there.

like i said i didnt care for the goal he allowed but him and the post were the only reason we got 1point tonight with the poor effort the team displayed.

Your expectations between goal tending and offense are so messed up it's ridiculous. Defense can make errors, you don't criticize, offense doesn't score but 1 goal you say nothing, but Elliott gives up a goal plus finally doesn't win in a shootout, and here you are. Basically whenever you make these statements, you're saying everyone else can be human and make mistakes, except the goalie, who has to be a perfect wall at all times. LA's trying to hold onto a playoff spot, but Quick lost last night in OT, hell one of the only reasons we are in first now is because Rinne has been human for the last month or so. Goalies cannot be perfect all the time, just like any other position.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
The Blues are a great team...possibly the best in this year's NHL. But I think you guys need to give every team that makes the playoffs a little more respect. Look at the standings, there isn't much separating the #1 from the #8 in the west or east. Careful otherwise you'll end up like the sharks in every playoff,

The Jets celebrate that hard after every win.... it is called passion. Our fans cheer that hard for every game....its called passion. Our team played that well today without our best Center (Little), one of our top forwards (Perreault) and one of our best players (Byfuglien). I hope we play the Blues in the playoffs if for no other reason that the Blues bring the very best out of the Jets. If we are healthy....I hope the Blues under estimate the Jets as some of you fans do. It should be fun!

Good luck Blues and Blues fans! It will be a fun ride. I hope you guys hoist the cup this year! If you don't, I hope it is only because the Jets knocked you out in the first round.

I like the passion, I guess I've just haven't seen it seeing how the Jets haven't beat the Blues in a few years. I'm glad you guys have something to cheer about, but I have no worries about the Jets beating the Blues 4 times in 7 games. It took their best, while the Blues were on cruise control most of the night. But go passion, because no other fan base has it?

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Your expectations between goal tending and offense are so messed up it's ridiculous. Defense can make errors, you don't criticize, offense doesn't score but 1 goal you say nothing, but Elliott gives up a goal plus finally doesn't win in a shootout, and here you are. Basically whenever you make these statements, you're saying everyone else can be human and make mistakes, except the goalie, who has to be a perfect wall at all times. LA's trying to hold onto a playoff spot, but Quick lost last night in OT, hell one of the only reasons we are in first now is because Rinne has been human for the last month or so. Goalies cannot be perfect all the time, just like any other position.

who is blaming elliott tonight? every post i saw said that goal was a turd so it wasnt just me saying that. in fact i clearly stated that he and the post were the only reason we got 1 point tonight. i thought the blues played a game with minimal effort and deserved to lose so i am very happy with the 1 point that the goaltender got us.

The biggest game of the year left for the Blues is the game @CHI for me. That needs to be a statement game for the team if they want the Cup.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
The Jets definitely brought a Kings vibe tonight. Outside of Petro, our D was caving under pressure, and the forwards weren't working very efficiently to bail them out.

Tough watching Vladdy deteriorate over the course of the game. The physicality visibly got to him and he seemed irritated with some of the 'safe' plays that were being made. Can't imagine Hitch is going to be too happy.

Has it been mentioned that we need Shattenkirk back, ASAP? :)

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Lehtera's started declining three months ago. He makes the odd good play here and there, but I severely question his ability to contribute in the playoffs. His KHL playoff statistics are not very encouraging.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
I wouldn't read too much into this game. Both teams were hustling, but Winnipeg was playing with a desperation the blues just didn't have. In the end it came down to coin toss

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The Jets definitely brought a Kings vibe tonight. Outside of Petro, our D was caving under pressure, and the forwards weren't working very efficiently to bail them out.

Tough watching Vladdy deteriorate over the course of the game. The physicality visibly got to him and he seemed irritated with some of the 'safe' plays that were being made. Can't imagine Hitch is going to be too happy.

Has it been mentioned that we need Shattenkirk back, ASAP? :)
Bortuzzo didn't cave. He's the only back there that stands up and shoves back. Love having him in these games. Petro was solid too, I agree.

I didn't really like Gunnarsson tonight at all.

I also agree about Tarasenko, and I said this before and I'll say it again. Tarasenko needs to start playing the body and hitting people back. The dude is around 220 pounds and is built like a Tank obviously, and I've seen him drill guys. I don't get why he's stopped doing this, as I can't really remember the last time he's thrown a hit. He doesn't need to play like Backes, but playing like Steen or Oshie absolutely would help him IMO. I really think it would help give him a bit more space. Guys may still target him physically as they do any star, but it might make them think twice about it if they know they could get trucked in return.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The Blues are a great team...possibly the best in this year's NHL. But I think you guys need to give every team that makes the playoffs a little more respect. Look at the standings, there isn't much separating the #1 from the #8 in the west or east. Careful otherwise you'll end up like the sharks in every playoff,

The Jets celebrate that hard after every win.... it is called passion. Our fans cheer that hard for every game....its called passion. Our team played that well today without our best Center (Little), one of our top forwards (Perreault) and one of our best players (Byfuglien). I hope we play the Blues in the playoffs if for no other reason that the Blues bring the very best out of the Jets. If we are healthy....I hope the Blues under estimate the Jets as some of you fans do. It should be fun!

Good luck Blues and Blues fans! It will be a fun ride. I hope you guys hoist the cup this year! If you don't, I hope it is only because the Jets knocked you out in the first round.
Those players havnt helped you win before. So.......okay?

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
Looked like the Jats played a more complete game last night, but got stymied by a couple posts. Game should've been 3-1 or 4-1 but the Blues have a tendency to keep the puck out of their net.

Feel like the Jats would be able to beat up on the Blues a little bit in a 7 game series but I'm not sure if they'd get goaltending for 7 games like they did last night. Either way, it'd be a treat to watch a playoff series if it resembled the game last night.

Good luck the rest of the way. Plz beat Minnesota tomorrow.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Looked like the Jats played a more complete game last night, but got stymied by a couple posts. Game should've been 3-1 or 4-1 but the Blues have a tendency to keep the puck out of their net.

Feel like the Jats would be able to beat up on the Blues a little bit in a 7 game series but I'm not sure if they'd get goaltending for 7 games like they did last night. Either way, it'd be a treat to watch a playoff series if it resembled the game last night.

When the puck hits the post and goes out, it's not a goal. So no...it shouldn't of been anything but 1-1 at the end of regulation.

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
Excellent? He just back it up and give needed space for Jets forward to score :D

On the play that tied the score, Stafford backed the Blues into their defensive zone and sneaked a backhander past Brian Elliott on the shortside.

“Our forwards backed off our defense,” Hitchcock said. “Our forwards pulled back, I don’t know for what reason, and let them in the zone far too easy. It’s too bad for ‘Ells,’ he played a hell of a hockey game.”

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
Bortuzzo didn't cave. He's the only back there that stands up and shoves back. Love having him in these games. Petro was solid too, I agree.

I didn't really like Gunnarsson tonight at all.

I also agree about Tarasenko, and I said this before and I'll say it again. Tarasenko needs to start playing the body and hitting people back. The dude is around 220 pounds and is built like a Tank obviously, and I've seen him drill guys. I don't get why he's stopped doing this, as I can't really remember the last time he's thrown a hit. He doesn't need to play like Backes, but playing like Steen or Oshie absolutely would help him IMO. I really think it would help give him a bit more space. Guys may still target him physically as they do any star, but it might make them think twice about it if they know they could get trucked in return.

I agree on both points. I know that physical component hasn't, historically, been his game, but earlier in the year he was initiating a lot more contact -- and scoring a lot more goals.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Last night Jets were easily better team then Blues, no doubt about it and they deserve win that game. Desperate team vs. team who is already 'in' playoffs. Jets every game now is life and death. There is no room for bad games or they are out playoffrace.

If Blues - Jets would face in 1st round. I predict that Blues would won that series quite easily. Maybe 4-1 or 4-2. Jets are tough and maybe physicalist team on western we could face in 1st round. (Kings and Jets)

That said, I would like (love) to face Jets on 1st round and I hope they make it playoffs, knowing they are most physical team, I know we got edge on scoring on debt, rotate 3 scoring lines. When our biggest powerhouse Shattenkirk is back we would be ruthless on powerplay. Knowing how much penalties Jets take. I think those would be 'key' points on that series.

Most concern would be that series Jets, how many would face injurylist end of that series.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
When the puck hits the post and goes out, it's not a goal. So no...it shouldn't of been anything but 1-1 at the end of regulation.

I'm just saying the Jats implemented their game plan and executed well enough that a 3-1 win wouldn't have been a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad