GDT: blue jet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
Yep, wish the Blues played better in the 3rd and OT. Looked confused most of the 4v4 and our 2nd/3rd lines really looked tired from the physical play in the 3rd.

Mzeppelin1

Apr 26, 2014
it takes winnipegs full effort to beat us in a shootout. i like our chances against them in the playoffs

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Blues got plenty of shots in the 3rd, Pavelec just played well. Really don't know how anyone could complain about that game, but people find ways I guess.

Steen had him beat in the shootout, just was at a bad angle.

It was a good game and we'd still clearly be able to beat Winnipeg in the playoffs. Not at all concerned about them, and we're still in 1st.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Jets deserve win tonight. For cry at loud they are desperate team and 2 points was life and death to them. I don't mind we lost tonight. I would love to face Jets on 1st round.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Or didn't get the big goal in the shootout either. It goes both ways.

Not for that guy, it's always on Elliott with him. It doesn't matter that the forwards could only manage 1 goal, and one shootout goal. It only matters that Elliott allowed 1 goal (where his entire team let the other team waltz right to the net) and allowed 2 shootout goals.

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
Blues got plenty of shots in the 3rd, Pavelec just played well. Really don't know how anyone could complain about that game, but people find ways I guess.

Steen had him beat in the shootout, just was at a bad angle.

It was a good game and we'd still clearly be able to beat Winnipeg in the playoffs. Not at all concerned about them, and we're still in 1st.

The quality of play maybe? I'd hardly call that a full game effort. Is what it is but that's a winnable game if they keep their foot down.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Not for that guy, it's always on Elliott with him. It doesn't matter that the forwards could only manage 1 goal, and one shootout goal. It only matters that Elliott allowed 1 goal (where his entire team let the other team waltz right to the net) and allowed 2 shootout goals.

well he had a 1-0 lead in the shootout and didnt hold it, either way the ball was in his court. the ladd goal was the same move he has done so not sure what ells was looking for there.

like i said i didnt care for the goal he allowed but him and the post were the only reason we got 1point tonight with the poor effort the team displayed.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
well he had a 1-0 lead in the shootout and didnt hold it, either way the ball was in his court. the ladd goal was the same move he has done so not sure what ells was looking for there.

like i said i didnt care for the goal he allowed but him and the post were the only reason we got 1point tonight with the poor effort the team displayed.

I'm not quite sure how you can blame Ells for Ladd's goal. That was an absolute snipe.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
It looked to me the Blues were happy to coast through that game and trying to win 1-0. Winnipeg brought their A game and got two points out of it. I'm pretty content with this game myself. Hopefully they go up and beat Minnesota on Saturday.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Lehtera is disappearing. He looks like he needs a break pretty badly.

The Blues were not very organized for much of the game. They'll need to hold it together better than that when the heat gets turned up in the playoffs.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

The Blues were not very organized for much of the game. They'll need to hold it together better than that when the heat gets turned up in the playoffs.

Agree about Lehtera. The question is, who replaces him in the lineup and where do they go?

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014

he needs to go down to the 3rd line for a bit because he and berglund are like zombies out there

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Not worried at all. Pretty close game while they brought all their guns and we didn't.
Worried about Lehtera though. Time to give Oli some ice time?

Gotta Jet

Aug 25, 2011
Behind the net
Yes. Their last regulation win vs STL was in 2009 when they were the Thrashers. Anytime they can beat STL is a big deal for them

The Blues are a great team...possibly the best in this year's NHL. But I think you guys need to give every team that makes the playoffs a little more respect. Look at the standings, there isn't much separating the #1 from the #8 in the west or east. Careful otherwise you'll end up like the sharks in every playoff,

The Jets celebrate that hard after every win.... it is called passion. Our fans cheer that hard for every game....its called passion. Our team played that well today without our best Center (Little), one of our top forwards (Perreault) and one of our best players (Byfuglien). I hope we play the Blues in the playoffs if for no other reason that the Blues bring the very best out of the Jets. If we are healthy....I hope the Blues under estimate the Jets as some of you fans do. It should be fun!

Good luck Blues and Blues fans! It will be a fun ride. I hope you guys hoist the cup this year! If you don't, I hope it is only because the Jets knocked you out in the first round.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Jori looked like he would heated up couple games before this 'gas out' game against Jets. He trully looks he need Jamaica trip or something. Tarasenko looked tonight like a little '*****' on ice. Lehterä cannot keep up rhythm and bedtime stories won't get up.
Looked like everybody is pissed off on Blues bench even Hitch :sarcasm:

Hitch tell boys to go sauna, get wasted and give boys couple days off.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
The Blues are a great team...possibly the best in this year's NHL. But I think you guys need to give every team that makes the playoffs a little more respect. Look at the standings, there isn't much separating the #1 from the #8 in the west or east. Careful otherwise you'll end up like the sharks in every playoff,

The Jets celebrate that hard after every win.... it is called passion. Our fans cheer that hard for every game....its called passion. Our team played that well today without our best Center (Little), one of our top forwards (Perreault) and one of our best players (Byfuglien). I hope we play the Blues in the playoffs if for no other reason that the Blues bring the very best out of the Jets. If we are healthy....I hope the Blues under estimate the Jets as some of you fans do. It should be fun!

Good luck Blues and Blues fans! It will be a fun ride. I hope you guys hoist the cup this year! If you don't, I hope it is only because the Jets knocked you out in the first round.

Teams that cannot beat other teams in regulation get no respect from me. It is the same reason I rip the Blues for being unable to win @CHI/ANA/LA in regulation.

The Jets have a 0% chance of beating the Blues in a 7 game series just like the Blues have a 0% chance of beating LA or CHI in a 7 game series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad