OT: Blue Jays Thread (II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Just can't get over this one. They said it was the first time a pitcher pitched game 1 of the playoffs on 11 days rest since 1930 something. Wonder why? It just isn't what you want to do. you get to strong, it just throws your mechanics off. Hitting two batters just proves it to me.

Any way, lets just win this one and pray Donaldson is ok.
It was an awful decision and everybody that follows baseball closely was questioning it.

Muscles Glasses

Jul 9, 2007
Edmonton
Tough game, Price was ok, but not his usual domanant self, I guess that is what happens when the manager shuts you down for almost 2 weeks.

Tomorrow is a must win.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Thank god. Hopefully Stroman is on tomorrow.

Yeah the Jays need a win from him in the worst possible way. Price was just bad today. Outside of the three strike-out inning, he really really struggled out there all game. He couldn't hit his spots. In fact, the only thing he could hit were Rangers batters, which he excelled at. :help:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Tough day, wasn't going the Jays' way, good things guys aren't injured, get back at it tomorrow.

Bullpen was very good today.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Agree about Price. He has always been lights out in the regular season, but he needs to create some new playoff magic for himself and his current team. Has not been able to replicate the RS success in the post season yet.

Called it a couple days ago. Although not a very difficult or surprising call, considering Price's post season record. 1-5 coming into the game and didn't do anything to convince me it's going to improve.

Blue Jays went with their ace in the hole today. Tomorrow, it's the Rangers turn with Cole Hamels, a guy with a proven post season record.

Last edited:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Tough game, Price was ok, but not his usual domanant self, I guess that is what happens when the manager shuts you down for almost 2 weeks.

Tomorrow is a must win.
It wasn't just Price either. The whole team was flat. There were lots of organizational mistakes made since they clinched the division and today they came back and bit them on the ass. Gibbons shut the entire lineup down in the last week of the season and today they weren't able to turn it back on. It's going to be harder getting back into their rhythm in a best of five than it would be in a best of seven too, even without the question marks surrounding Donaldson and Bautista. Tomorrow they go against Hamels too. I'm glad they're going with Stroman instead of Dickey or Estrada. At least that's one decision I think they got right. I'm hoping for the best but it's looking like a real mess right now.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Thank god. Hopefully Stroman is on tomorrow.

I really think Stro will be on his A-game. The sports world will be all Stro all the time if he comes out and throws a gem. What a great story. Wrecked his knee. Rehabbed in record time all while finishing his degree. Came back and pitched lights out in the regular season.

Stroman could be this years Madbum. He better be if the Jays are gonna win this thing.

I think Price had to be in on the decision for the long layoff. No way you just tell your ace he's going to miss a start without at least getting his input. I really wonder if he would have been better with the extra start.

What do the Jays do if they make it to game four? Start Dickey or start Price on short rest?

OilersJaysSteelers

Oct 3, 2015
Everyone here is overreacting to the 11 days off. It wasn't just Gibbons, he talked with Price and they both felt it was best to get the extra days. Remember when Price almost took a liner off the head from Ellsbury in that last start against the Yankees? That was almost the end of his year. What if he got that last (meaningless) start and that happened? Price wasn't terrible today. He just couldn't handle the 8 & 9 hitters in the Rangers order. He had no issues with the big boys on their end. I'd take a day of shutting down Choo (always been a Jays killer) Fielder, Napoli, Hamilton, and Andrus any day from a starter. Don't panic yet, they have Hamels on the mound but our lineup has hit lefties very well this season, and Stroman has been lights-out since coming back from injury. Donaldson passed his concussion test and Jose says he's good to go tomorrow. We're not even close to done yet.

Changing gears, did anyone else notice how bad the FS1 play by play guys were? It was almost like they were explaining the game to the viewers instead of calling it. Blaming the turf on Beltre's injury was also bush league. I'm willing to bet the guys in the booth haven't watched one Jays game this year. It would be nice if Buck & Pat were able to call the post-season too.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I really think Stro will be on his A-game. The sports world will be all Stro all the time if he comes out and throws a gem. What a great story. Wrecked his knee. Rehabbed in record time all while finishing his degree. Came back and pitched lights out in the regular season.

Stroman could be this years Madbum. He better be if the Jays are gonna win this thing.

I think Price had to be in on the decision for the long layoff. No way you just tell your ace he's going to miss a start without at least getting his input. I really wonder if he would have been better with the extra start.

What do the Jays do if they make it to game four? Start Dickey or start Price on short rest?

jays are done---welcome to last place next year

Jean Ralphio

Dec 13, 2008
they are done--unlike some--never bought into the hype

IIRC, the last post you made in a Blue Jays related thread was right after the trade deadline, and you said they would miss the playoffs. Then you disappear for two months during their incredible run, and the first post you make is this after they lose game 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad