Post-Game Talk: Blue Jackets vs SENS, Tonight 7:00 pm

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Last place finish, no first round pick. The best player the franchise has ever had traded away. The top two offensive players, plus a home grown fan favorite elite right winger traded away. No i don't think its being overly dramatic. I've been a fan since the start. The early years there were no stars, no expectations.

This is far and away the worst year the Senators have ever had.
Agreed. Giving up 1st overall is the worst possible scenario.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I`d consider last year worse, according to expectations, that team was an embarrassment.

We`ve won more games than last season right now, only 3 less points.

Ottawa Senators Franchise Index | Hockey-Reference.com

with karlsson, stone, duchene, dzingel,hoffman, the list goes on.. that team was putrid, no chemistry and yeah probably a broken dressing room.
We had our lottery pick last year, don't you remember that?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
So does every other team in the NHL though.

They sure do. Ottawa's might be better than most, and the next couple drafts will certainly add to that. But it doesn't take away from the fact that this was a waste of a season, and some of the best talent this franchise has ever had all chose to leave it.

It was a tire fire through and through. And I'm glad its almost over. At least next year we have a first round pick to look forward to if its a disaster again.

Reactions: DrEasy and h2owned

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So does every other team in the NHL though.

Not really. Chabot, Tkachuk, White, Wolanin, Brown, Batherson and some others made great strides this past season. There’s a lot cases around the league were prospects like these failed to have success.

I’m not saying this season was a successful one or that we should be happy with the result. Just that calling it a disatourous season on every level is dramatic.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I`d consider last year worse, according to expectations, that team was an embarrassment.

We`ve won more games than last season right now, only 3 less points.

Ottawa Senators Franchise Index | Hockey-Reference.com

with karlsson, stone, duchene, dzingel,hoffman, the list goes on.. that team was putrid, no chemistry and yeah probably a broken dressing room.

Not really. Didn't Dorion set the expectations for this past year by saying the team will be "significantly better"?

Reactions: DrEasy

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
There are some reasonably big draft implications.

2 points can be the difference between (if I recall) 19 and 23. It depends on who else wins and loses though.

CBJ avoiding TBL though might be better on am abstract level if it means Duchene is more likely to re-sign in CBJ due to them having a deeper playoff run.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Not really. Didn't Dorion set the expectations for this past year by saying the team will be "significantly better"?
I'd guess those expectations went out the window after Stone, Duchene and Dzingel were moved as well as half the roster. If that's what he said.

Reactions: aragorn

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

2 points can be the difference between (if I recall) 19 and 23. It depends on who else wins and loses though.

CBJ avoiding TBL though might be better on am abstract level if it means Duchene is more likely to re-sign in CBJ due to them having a deeper playoff run.

Columbus isn't beating Washington.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

And frankly, I don't think Columbus is going to actively try and keep Duchene if Panarin and Bob leave. Too risky giving up another 1st in a year where they will be a lottery team.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

I could see a scenario where Columbus beats Washington in a 7-game series.

I mean... that scenario involves severe illness, blackmail, and a sports gambling scandal that makes the 1919 Black Sox event seem like a slap on the wrist, but it's possible. :laugh:

Reactions: Daffy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
And frankly, I don't think Columbus is going to actively try and keep Duchene if Panarin and Bob leave. Too risky giving up another 1st in a year where they will be a lottery team.
I have the exact opposite opinion that if Columbus loses Panarin & Bobrovsky that they would do everything they can to at the least keep Duchene & Dzingel to try & keep their team relatively competitive. Nobody knows whether they will be a lottery pick or not, people thought the NYI would be terrible when they lost Tavares & they have been better without him. It would also not surprise me if they come after Anderson, if they lose Bobrovsky & they could also be active on the Free agent market this summer. Two players don't make up a team, they are a big part of the team but the team can survive without them & in some cases be better. I guess we'll see.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I could see a scenario where Columbus beats Washington in a 7-game series.

I mean... that scenario involves severe illness, blackmail, and a sports gambling scandal that makes the 1919 Black Sox event seem like a slap on the wrist, but it's possible. :laugh:

Columbus opened with a 2-0 lead against Washington last year. If Bobrovsky plays like the Vezina caliber goaltender he is and duchene finds his groove in that team, they could pull off the upset. Much more likely than beating Tampa anyway.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Not really. Chabot, Tkachuk, White, Wolanin, Brown, Batherson and some others made great strides this past season. There’s a lot cases around the league were prospects like these failed to have success.

I’m not saying this season was a successful one or that we should be happy with the result. Just that calling it a disatourous season on every level is dramatic.

Chabot and tkachuk are really the only sure fire star players out of those. White probably ends up being a decent 2nd line center which is awesome too.

I have high Hope's for the other guys, especially batherson. But the jury is still out.

Every team in the league has a bunch of guys that might put it all together.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Chabot and tkachuk are really the only sure fire star players out of those. White probably ends up being a decent 2nd line center which is awesome too.

I have high Hope's for the other guys, especially batherson. But the jury is still out.

Every team in the league has a bunch of guys that might put it all together.

I think you are missing the point I was making but so be it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad