Post-Game Talk: Blue Jackets vs SENS, Tonight 7:00 pm

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
giphy.gif

And so ends the worst case scenario season.
Not even close bro...post this after lottery

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Topic was turnovers, the point was Boro doesn't have many of them on a team with many turnovers. Don't worry I wasn't comparing Boro to Spezza.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
What a pathetic performance for the final game of the season, embarrassing.
Really though, what did you expect? My goodness, some of the expectations here are not real. Get over it everyone, it was a pathetic season with many traumatic scenarios. On with the new!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He had a couple giveaways tonight but he's not known to make them. People make a big deal about them in his first game back, while being taped up in whatever way imagine-able on either leg or arm.

He also had a rough patch of games mid season and ended up he was playing with a broken wrist. zero f's given from many.

It turns out that along with hard work he's also good at many other aspects of the game like defending and not turning over the puck, this year is his "worst season" in turnovers with 26.

So when the teams problem is turnovers, replace or teach the players that have the most turnovers not the ones that can actually play defence reasonably well or not cough up the puck all the time.

That stuff tonight wasn't like him he's usually making the safe play. Actually 114 giveaways in 322 career games or whatever is pretty good.

Me thinks the laddie doth protest too much

Reactions: Deku

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Man, you take Wolanin off that blueline and...woof. It's compounded by the fact that we literally took Belleville's worst defenceman, Englund, in order to help them out. Englund then confirmed this fact with perhaps the ugliest giveaway of the season - heck, if that happened in my Friday night old fat guys league we would be chirping the guy who did it.

I thought our forwards did some good things last night - I saw a lot of promise there, and obviously help is on the way. Until we clean up and upgrade our blueline, though, this team will continue to struggle. Brannstrom and Wolanin full time will help, but it's still not great back there. (We all pick on Ceci, but in the second half of the year DeMelo returned to earth with a thud also. There's a reason why the Sharks were willing to throw him into the deal - he's a third pairing guy at best.)

I will, though, give a shoutout to Boro for playing hurt. (I gather Jaros was banged up also.) He is a heart and soul guy in the Chris Neil tradition...

Cheapseats

Cigars N F-Bombs
Mar 2, 2004
Just glad this train wreck has ended... didn’t expect anything from this game so I wasn’t dissapointed. Everyone just wanted to finish up the game so they can pack up and get the f... outta dodge..

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Not even close bro...post this after lottery

Well I suppose then you could make the argument that afterwords we'll have to watch the Colorado pick develop into a player. So basically this horror won't end for at least another decade. Although if we have some team success, that would probably mitigate that.

Welcome to our neverending nightmare.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Columbus opened with a 2-0 lead against Washington last year. If Bobrovsky plays like the Vezina caliber goaltender he is and duchene finds his groove in that team, they could pull off the upset. Much more likely than beating Tampa anyway.

I think Washington could beat Tampa. That will be a great series if it happens.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Really though, what did you expect? My goodness, some of the expectations here are not real. Get over it everyone, it was a pathetic season with many traumatic scenarios. On with the new!
Yes! In with the new! New management, hold the people responsible for this season accountable.

Lol

Reactions: Senscore

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Just watched the highlights of this one. My lord our Dmen looked bad on some of those goals. 2 horrible giveaways by Englund leading directly to goals. Boro getting walked left and right. Demelo forgetting how to even play hockey on the first goal. Chabot even with the giveaway forcing Nilsson to make an unreal save. They really need to find a way to get rid of Boro, let Englund walk at season's end and get a vet RD to move Demelo down to the third pairing where he belongs. We're still gonna suck next year, but maybe we can be somewhat competitive in the GA category and not so routinely be blown out. Create a better environment for some rookies to develop.

Shoutout to Boedker for getting his 7th goal of the season. What a great pickup by our genius GM.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
We end the season with nobody in the top 50 in terms of giveaways. We must be really good defensively!

Chabot is our giveaway leader. He must be terrible!

More than 350 NHLers had more giveaways than Boedker and Boro, who must therefore be really good! I mean, guys with similar numbers are the likes of Chiasson.

https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/stats...sort=8&time=0&pos=0&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=1

You should check the numbers between Boro and Boedker and the league with people who play the same avg time on ice.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
You need a mirror to look into. Always have 2 cents to add. :laugh:
Boro got walked last night and was called out for it. A few minutes later Chabot got waked and was also called out. Later in the third Englund had a brutal giveaway and people called him out. Starting to see a pattern here? People will call out bad plays on here, and Boro does make his share of them, even if he is "just a 6/7 D-man."

Reactions: DrEasy

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Boro got walked last night and was called out for it. A few minutes later Chabot got waked and was also called out. Later in the third Englund had a brutal giveaway and people called him out. Starting to see a pattern here? People will call out bad plays on here, and Boro does make his share of them, even if he is "just a 6/7 D-man."
Yeah and one of them was called about for an entire period and a half, until someone else mentioned they want everyone else on the team to be more like Boro. But nobody wants to argue with them.

I see the pattern.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Yeah and one of them was called about for an entire period and a half, until someone else mentioned they want everyone else on the team to be more like Boro. But nobody wants to argue with them.

I see the pattern.
It takes two to tango. But yeah, nobody is denying his work ethic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad