GDT: Blue Jackets vs. Rangers, 11/12/23 @ 7:00

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Sillinger's line played often against bottom 6. Our 1st gets played with two injured players. Fantilli's line must learn.
Not sure what this means, maybe some translation issues. Sillingers line was out there protecting a lead late in the game, Fantilli's line was stapled to the bench. The Fantilli line has gotten the team back into game for what? Atleast 3 games in a row but thats not enough to have them on the ice to defend the lead they usually create? Nah thats just bad coaching. Reward the players that put you in a position to win

Reactions: thebus88 and VT

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Can’t believe Metz asked if he was a moral victory because of how well they played in the third - the period where they were outshot by a gazillion
You could tell Gudbranson wanted to say something completely different there.

The one thing to note is we are holding so many Dmen but look at the ice time on the top 4. I know Jarmo doesn't want to start giving away players but we really need to start to consider just cutting bait on Bean/Peeke and Boqvist because its screwing over Jiricek and making our top 4 work much harder than they should. While they will have TDL value we are a far far way from that point. This team on paper should be much much much better than what we've seen, especially with how close/competitive these games are being compared to last year so at this point I just don't get it.

Reactions: ColumbusTrill

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Not sure what this means, maybe some translation issues. Sillingers line was out there protecting a lead late in the game, Fantilli's line was stapled to the bench. The Fantilli line has gotten the team back into game for what? Atleast 3 games in a row but thats not enough to have them on the ice to defend the lead they usually create? Nah thats just bad coaching. Reward the players that put you in a position to win
But if true it line, similar like kindergarden line, wouldn't play in the; portant moments when our opponents need score, on ice.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Ok call me crazy but after rewatching the GWG it never went in. It hit off the crossbar and came out.
IMG_4032.jpeg

the pick did, infact go in. you can barely see it in the betting behind the crossbar. blurry image, my b. the rangers’ feed also showed an alternate angle that showed it perfectly going in. it was a beauty of a goal honestly.

Reactions: VABUCK

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
after tonight’s game, Adam Fantilli is now on pace for 49 points which would be a franchise best when it comes to rookies’ point total in a season.

(PLD holds the current rookie season franchise point record at 48 points… screw him)

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Why did we send down Jiricek again ?
It at first felt like a paper transaction as it was feeling like someone was finally going to get traded. Maybe fell through? Anyways if he's not getting the minutes here then its better at this point to get him 20+ minutes a night up in Cleveland. This team is going through its growing pains stage but we really need to get the 3 logjam D moved at some point. It takes two to tango with trades but I am just curious if Jarmo is just simply asking too much for them or if there are legit no takers for them as to me it seems Bean/Peeke/Boqvist still have value and you don't wanna just give them away.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It at first felt like a paper transaction as it was feeling like someone was finally going to get traded. Maybe fell through? Anyways if he's not getting the minutes here then its better at this point to get him 20+ minutes a night up in Cleveland. This team is going through its growing pains stage but we really need to get the 3 logjam D moved at some point. It takes two to tango with trades but I am just curious if Jarmo is just simply asking too much for them or if there are legit no takers for them as to me it seems Bean/Peeke/Boqvist still have value and you don't wanna just give them away.

Jarmo is trying to unload one or two of those guys without taking a contract back. There's only a few teams that have the cap space to take on any of them. I can see teams like San Jose or Arizona refusing to send a good pick back in these circumstances. Like a 5th for Calen Addison tells you about the market.

Jiricek was supposedly just told to get a place in Columbus, Porty expects him to be called back up soon.

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
At this point I'm convinced Pascal has no idea wat he's doing. Refusing to play the young gun line in key moments when the game is on the line. Sending his pets out for penalty shots undeservedly while others are scoring.
We may not be secretly in tank mode but it sure looks like it to me. Pascal had my respect but has now lost it just as quick as he earned it.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
At this point I'm convinced Pascal has no idea wat he's doing. Refusing to play the young gun line in key moments when the game is on the line. Sending his pets out for penalty shots undeservedly while others are scoring.
We may not be secretly in tank mode but it sure looks like it to me. Pascal had my respect but has now lost it just as quick as he earned it.

I'd love to see more shifts for Fantilli's line (in all parts of the game). I'm not happy with Pazzy's decision on that. But what you're talking about is what 90% of coaches would do in this situation. They limit rookie minutes, they put out their top veterans in the shootout, etc...

Reactions: joybang and Indy18

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
1 win in the last 10 games ftr

& they could/should have like 4 or 5.

Coaching so far has cost them lot of points, damm frustrating.

Still ”only” 4 points away from a WC spot.

I hope someone is asking hard questions from Pascal and why the garbage decisions we keep seeing.
At any point did you feel comfortable them being able to protect the lead

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
I'd love to see more shifts for Fantilli's line (in all parts of the game). I'm not happy with Pazzy's decision on that. But what you're talking about is what 90% of coaches would do in this situation. They limit rookie minutes, they put out their top veterans in the shootout, etc...
He has to open it up and reward the young guns for outworking the veterans.
We're not going to win until he does.

Reactions: MAHJ71

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I hope someone is asking hard questions from Pascal and why the garbage decisions we keep seeing.
At any point did you feel comfortable them being able to protect the lead

Nobody associated with this franchise asks any hard questions about anything. The whole Babcock mess is proof of that.

If they had asked hard questions, they never would have had hired him in the first place.

If they had asked hard questions, they never would have had Boone defend him when the story broke.

I have plenty of hard questions I’d like to ask.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
for what it's worth, from an outside perspective the blue jackets impressed me, haven't seen them much but that's a better team than their record suggests. fantilli is going to be a superstar, you guys got a great one. that release/shot placement was special on the goal but he really impressed me all over the ice. at 18 that he's got no issues with the pace or physicality of this league is really impressive, can't say enough good things about what he brings physically and he carries himself the right way. that's a future captain, and a great one. overall though i really like the size and skill mix up and down the lineup...the amount of youth is promising and obviously going to come with some growing pains but still, honestly don't see any reason they shouldn't at least be competing for a wild card spot talent wise.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Hence why we see coaches retread from organization to organization .. looking at Bedards minutes , they certainly aren’t doing this .. and Carlsson was initially said to have a schedule , but he’s been playing every night as well , and 18-20 minutes per night . Fantilli is getting 11-15 minutes regularly.. In overtime , Boone shouldn’t be out there , no should Kuraly or Danforth … should be Fantilli , Gaudreau , Chinakov , Marchenko , Texier , Laine ..: guys that are dynamic and can skate

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Nobody associated with this franchise asks any hard questions about anything. The whole Babcock mess is proof of that.

If they had asked hard questions, they never would have had hired him in the first place.

If they had asked hard questions, they never would have had Boone defend him when the story broke.

I have plenty of hard questions I’d like to ask.
Yup.. it’s why I was so critical in a post game , of the broadcast .. Org surrounds themselves with yes men that parrot propaganda .. Tough Questions need to be asked .. Fans have been more than patient . It’s beyond ridiculous they hired Babcock and folded at the first chance they could .. you hire him knowing what comes with the coach. Jarmo is a good scout , and a poor architect. Always way slow to make the necessary moves needed …

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad