GDT: Blue Jackets vs. Rangers, 11/12/23 @ 7:00

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Our shooters were fine. Elvis was good. But bloody Laf. Of course we're the team that un-busts him.

Despite the losses I feel like we're taking the right steps. They are baby steps, sure, but still steps in the right direction. I'll give Vincent some leash here. Big changes don't need to happen overnight.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Our shooters were fine. Elvis was good. But bloody Laf. Of course we're the team that un-busts him.

Despite the losses I feel like we're taking the right steps. They are baby steps, sure, but still steps in the right direction. I'll give Vincent some leash here. Big changes don't need to happen overnight.

I feel like we've already had a couple games like that though. We never carry over anything real positive into the next game. I hope we come out hard against the Penguins Tuesday night.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
IMG_1093.png

The new mascot

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Deserved to lose .. sitting back the entire third period with a 1 goal lead and not even trying to possess the puck .

Reactions: LJ7

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I feel like we've already had a couple games like that though. We never carry over anything real positive into the next game. I hope we come out hard against the Penguins Tuesday night.
Yeah but wouldn't it be a little unrealistic to expect all the positives to carry over and keep adding up every game? I'd liken it more to "two steps forward, one step back" kind of an ideology that we could realistically expect. Or maybe more like 5 steps forward, 4 back, but progress anyhow. Eventually less up-and-down from game to game and more dependable effort game in, game out.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Deserved to lose .. sitting back the entire third period with a 1 goal lead and not even trying to possess the puck .
Our coach will sit Voronkov-Fantilli-Marchenko and play Roslovic-Sillinger-Gaudreau in the most important moments of a game. Our "1st line" gets played like a 3rd or 4th. He coached scared and I hate it,easily undoes any good for me

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Way to waste a fantasic game from Elvis. f*** this scared to lose attitude, another loss Id pin on coaching

The turtling from previous games was much worse. The middle ten-twelve minutes of the third the Jackets were giving the Rangers fits in the neutral zone and the Rangers didn't have many quality looks.

It was just the 6 on 5, and maybe that can be improved but I'm not entirely sure that's different from how 6 on 5's normally look. Maybe it is, I don't know.

They also played OT the right way and played with a lot more aggression in regulation, they were the better 5v5 team.

I also want more minutes for Fantilli's line but it was kind of close with all the lines and you can understand the coach being reluctant to put them out there for faceoffs.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The turtling from previous games was much worse. The middle ten-twelve minutes of the third the Jackets were giving the Rangers fits in the neutral zone and the Rangers didn't have many quality looks.

It was just the 6 on 5, and maybe that can be improved but I'm not entirely sure that's different from how 6 on 5's normally look. Maybe it is, I don't know.

They also played OT the right way and played with a lot more aggression in regulation, they were the better 5v5 team.

I also want more minutes for Fantilli's line but it was kind of close with all the lines and you can understand the coach being reluctant to put them out there for faceoffs.
Not really when it happens game in and game out. I think Fantilli got 20 seconds in the last 6-7 minutes of the 3rd but we will send out Sillinger and his 5/15 in the faceoff dot without a moments hesitation. Voronkov was 2 for 2 in the dot, use him more if you dont like Fantilli's odds. Vincent coaches scared, use the kids they may just prove their time is now

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
PK is phenomenal. But we need the exorcist.

I'm more focused on the lines playing against each other.

#13 - #4 - #96 played the most against bottom 6, similar to #10 - #11 - #8
6. Although they did put Panarin's line on the last one more than once. Line #59 - #38 - #29 played the most against Zibanejad's or Trocheck's lines. They didn't score against them.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Not really when it happens game in and game out. I think Fantilli got 20 seconds in the last 6-7 minutes of the 3rd but we will send out Sillinger and his 5/15 in the faceoff dot without a moments hesitation. Voronkov was 2 for 2 in the dot, use him more if you dont like Fantilli's odds. Vincent coaches scared, use the kids they may just prove their time is now

I'll agree on that - I would like to see Voronkov take more draws, maybe that will give the coach confidence to put Fantilli's line out there.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The only period that I was able to watch was the 3rd. The best word I can come up with to describe the CBJ performance would be dreadful. Elvis being the exception.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Our coach will sit Voronkov-Fantilli-Marchenko and play Rolovic-Sillinger-Gaudreau in the most important moments of a game. Our "1st line" gets played like a 3rd or 4th. He coached scared and I hate it,easily undoes any good for me
Sillinger's line played often against bottom 6. Our 1st gets played with two injured players. Fantilli's line must learn.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Both goalies played great tonight. Johnny hockey is heating up and could have had a multipoint game. Fantilli is great and it feels good to have Voronkov on the same line protecting our future star player. Kuraly played a hard game and it was nice to see him get rewarded with a goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad