GDT: Blue Jackets vs Kings | 12/5 7:00 PM Nationwide Arena | Gavi returns

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I have no idea what Vincent says in the locker room before the third period, but whatever he says - STOP!
I kind of feel bad for Vincent. He finally gets a shot to coach in the best hockey league in the world and he gets saddled with a dysfucntional mess, the CBJ. It's sort of like winning a date with Miss America only to find out Rosie O'Donnell won it this year.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Last year was worse
this year the team is competitive for two periods
as presently constructed the team is too young
what we are seeing is a all too young team trying to learn to close out games, until they get it this is the result

That's how simple it is. They need time, and they need to fix the PP. It's not a disaster team, but lots of room for improvement.

I kind of feel bad for Vincent. He finally gets a shot to coach in the best hockey league in the world and he gets saddled with a dysfucntional mess, the CBJ. It's sort of like winning a date with Miss America only to find out Rosie O'Donnell won it this year.

He has full control over the PP and it's still bad so he needs to do better. His mess to solve

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Ah….the old saying “misery loves company”. :)

They had a Corsi over 50% with 8/8 SF/SA…..KJ with one of the higher Corsi numbers

Ah….the old saying “misery loves company”. :)

They had a Corsi over 50% with 8/8 SF/SA…..KJ with one of the higher Corsi numbers
And one of our the best player Marchenko not so high, similar like Danforth although they were better than Kent.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I just realized we played more games than any other team in the league

So, by winning % we are third worst along with our last year buddies Chicago and San Jose

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Substantial price increase next season for Club 1-6. Rumor has it nearly doubling. Laughable….
The Babcock Surcharge.

In all seriousness-if the rumor is true-management is playing a very risky game with STH who already pay a premium price for a product which rarely delivers. Not too smart a move from my perspective.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Peeke may have not played in a while, but he didn’t miss a beat. He paired with Provorov to total 8 SF vs 26 SA…..totally crushed though he did have one good flurry where he fired 3 shots in a row
I have a couple questions about this.

I was looking on moneypuck and it showed that unblocked shot attempts were 8 for and 17 against, and then 6 SOG for and only 9 against. Of the 6 shots on goal Provorov and Peeke had 5 of them. I know I don't understand these analytic sites all that much, but to me it looks like it was more the guys that they were on the ice with, than them causing this. What were the other 3 guys doing, and why weren't they generating anything? Do the defensemen get all the blame for shots against, even if they are coming from areas they aren't supposed to be? Are all the zone clears on them?

I admit I could be looking at this wrong.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
CBJ third periods will nearby be known as The Shattening.
"The Jackets are up by 3, but I'm bracing myself for The Shattening."
Vincent needs to stop using this pep talk:
IMG_2798.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The Devils were up 5-2 in the 3rd last night against Vancouver and blew it but got a late goal in the final minute to win 6-5.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I have a couple questions about this.

I was looking on moneypuck and it showed that unblocked shot attempts were 8 for and 17 against, and then 6 SOG for and only 9 against. Of the 6 shots on goal Provorov and Peeke had 5 of them. I know I don't understand these analytic sites all that much, but to me it looks like it was more the guys that they were on the ice with, than them causing this. What were the other 3 guys doing, and why weren't they generating anything? Do the defensemen get all the blame for shots against, even if they are coming from areas they aren't supposed to be? Are all the zone clears on them?

I admit I could be looking at this wrong.
My bad as my labeling was sloppy. I should have posted it as the on ice shot ATTEMPTS for and against rather than shots for and shots against. The former includes blocks and misses. The SOG for and against last night was 3-11, still a bad imbalance. Certainly the forwards play a role in these stats. But Peeke has continually shown an inability on zone exits and clearing that contributes mightily IMO.

Here are the actual stats from Money Puck
IMG_1112.jpeg

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
And one of our the best player Marchenko not so high, similar like Danforth although they were better than Kent.
Danforth was strong last night in the first two periods. He wasn’t bad in the third either but was caught up with mates who were in full retreat mode for the first half of the third period.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
My bad as my labeling was sloppy. I should have posted it as the on ice shot ATTEMPTS for and against rather than shots for and shots against. The former includes blocks and misses. The SOG for and against last night was 3-11, still a bad imbalance. Certainly the forwards play a role in these stats. But Peeke has continually shown an inability on zone exits and clearing that contributes mightily IMO.

Here are the actual stats from Money Puck
View attachment 778561
Screenshot_20231206_090556_Chrome.jpg

Ok. I don't get why mine is showing different numbers. Am I looking at the wrong box?

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I'd like to point out that, back when I had seats in 103, at a Kings game in Nationwide in probably 2001 or 2002 or something like that, I noted that Nelson Emerson, Rob Blake and Ziggy Palffy were all on the ice together at the same time for LA, and I exclaimed "Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends." And like 2 people got it.

Jackets lost that game 1-7.
ELP
Who's the L?

Reactions: Xoggz22

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
And the Isles were up too and lost to SJ.

There's a thread on the mains about the NYI blowing so many leads this season.

Soooo, guess who CBJ plays tomorrow night? The Isles.
As the 14th players for each team take their shots in the shootout..."We don't want to win, you win.".."No, we don't want to win, you guys win."..."We don't wanna win, you have to".......

Reactions: CBJ goalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad