GDT: Blue Jackets vs Kings | 12/5 7:00 PM Nationwide Arena | Gavi returns

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'd like to point out that, back when I had seats in 103, at a Kings game in Nationwide in probably 2001 or 2002 or something like that, I noted that Nelson Emerson, Rob Blake and Ziggy Palffy were all on the ice together at the same time for LA, and I exclaimed "Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends." And like 2 people got it.

Jackets lost that game 1-7.
In some ways, this is worse than that.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
But unfortunately that is the way sports works
The Kings are an experienced team, winning Stanley Cups, we have a young team. All it takes is a little blip and they know how to take advantage of it. Besides, they had 3 offensive lines, we only had two, since Kuraly's line isn't as dangerous without Danforth and Fantilli's line, effectively Adam had no one to play with. Kent's physical play is at freezing point, Tex is not suited to those lines at all, and Olivier, although he is a fighter and scored a goal, is a 4th line player. And once again, the one goal minimum was Elvis' fault.
I think we need another goalie than Elvis.

• Haha
Reactions: MAHJ71

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Last year we were get blown out.
This year we're losing games by a goal, and blowing leads.

I don't know which is worse.
Rather be blown out because you know what needs fixed.

The Kings are an experienced team, winning Stanley Cups, we have a young team. All it takes is a little blip and they know how to take advantage of it. Besides, they had 3 offensive lines, we only had two, since Kuraly's line isn't as dangerous without Danforth and Fantilli's line, effectively Adam had no one to play with. Kent's physical play is at freezing point, Tex is not suited to those lines at all, and Olivier, although he is a fighter and scored a goal, is a 4th line player. And once again, the one goal minimum was Elvis' fault.
I think we need another goalie than Elvis.
Sorry this isn’t about the Kings. This is about the Jackets stop playing their game in the 3rd. Replace Kings with Rangers, Canes, Bruins etc

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Rather be blown out because you know what needs fixed.

Sorry this isn’t about the Kings. This is about the Jackets stop playing their game in the 3rd. Replace Kings with Rangers, Canes, Bruins etc
Bruins don't count. Players were tired, their skating was bad. Canes and Rangers are TOP teams too. They have many experiences, include their coaches. There still 4 teams. But we play better, more better.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Bruins don't count. Players were tired, their skating was bad. Canes and Rangers are TOP teams too. They have many experiences, include their coaches. There still 4 teams. But we play better, more better.
Really - you get the point. If you don’t then you are naive

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
What did Pascal just say about Kj, Fantilli, and Jiricek ? And why they played under 10 minutes ?
IMG_0562.png

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I didn't want to be snide and make a comment about how they'd find a new way to drop a 3-0 lead but alas... this is getting harder and harder to watch.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
CBJ third periods will nearby be known as The Shattening.
"The Jackets are up by 3, but I'm bracing myself for The Shattening."

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Last year we were get blown out.
This year we're losing games by a goal, and blowing leads.

I don't know which is worse.
Last year was worse
this year the team is competitive for two periods
as presently constructed the team is too young
what we are seeing is a all too young team trying to learn to close out games, until they get it this is the result

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Peeke may have not played in a while, but he didn’t miss a beat. He paired with Provorov to total 8 SF vs 26 SA…..totally crushed though he did have one good flurry where he fired 3 shots in a row

Last edited:
Reactions: MAHJ71

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Leads in 14/19 of our losses. I don’t care how young the team is, blowing that many leads is statistically improbable in the NHL. It’s legitimately difficult to be THIS bad at holding leads.
The Islanders have 12 third period blown leads. We’re not alone.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
The Islanders have 12 third period blown leads. We’re not alone.
Ah….the old saying “misery loves company”. :)

I'm wondering who's doing those stats. Apart from Olivier's goal and Fantilli's actions, I can't remember anything interesting in the attack from Adam's line.
They had a Corsi over 50% with 8/8 SF/SA…..KJ with one of the higher Corsi numbers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad