GDT: Blue Jackets vs Kings | 12/5 7:00 PM Nationwide Arena | Gavi returns

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
Is this the first time Gavi has come back since he was traded? I might be mistaken about that, but it's nice to see him back in the building.

Reactions: ViD

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Odd shit always happens when playing against Columbus. I think this is the fame LA get their first road loss.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'd like to point out that, back when I had seats in 103, at a Kings game in Nationwide in probably 2001 or 2002 or something like that, I noted that Nelson Emerson, Rob Blake and Ziggy Palffy were all on the ice together at the same time for LA, and I exclaimed "Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends." And like 2 people got it.

Jackets lost that game 1-7.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'd like to point out that, back when I had seats in 103, at a Kings game in Nationwide in probably 2001 or 2002 or something like that, I noted that Nelson Emerson, Rob Blake and Ziggy Palffy were all on the ice together at the same time for LA, and I exclaimed "Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends." And like 2 people got it.

I would be one of the people who did not get it haha

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC

Good shout. I've been trying to get into some more prog rock than just bands like TOOL, Dream Theater and Genesis, I might give them a listen after doing a bit of searching.

Reactions: Marioesque

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Good shout. I've been trying to get into some more prog rock than just bands like TOOL, Dream Theater and Genesis, I might give them a listen after doing a bit of searching.
DT still in my top 5 on Spotify, per the 2023 Wrap. I don't feel bad about listening to them on streaming because I own all the physical music already. Excited about Portnoy back.

I happened on an ELP doc on some streaming service a few months back. Interesting. I admit I'm more hit-or-miss with them than Genesis or Yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobcat205

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
DT still in my top 5 on Spotify, per the 2023 Wrap. I don't feel bad about listening to them on streaming because I own all the physical music already. Excited about Portnoy back.

I happened on an ELP doc on some streaming service a few months back. Interesting. I admit I'm more hit-or-miss with them than Genesis or Yes.
I kind of gave up on DT thefe while Portnoy left, hopefully they find the magic again. Those old albums were so good

and go team I guess

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
But Danforth on the 1st line?!?

And we're getting another peak at Peeke.

Big Danforth fan. Not an NHL first liner. Absurd first line. But I'll enjoy it as I'm going tonight and Danforth used to play for the Cincinnati Cyclones and I've been a long term STH for that team.

"peak at Peeke" earned you two minutes. Another like that and it's a 10 min. misconduct;)

Reactions: thebus88

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC

Is that the game where the CBJ were down 5-0 after one? While there have been plenty of candidates, this game might go down as the worst game ever played in Nationwide Arena.

zippy3798

Nov 29, 2023
I decided to really try to become a CBJ fan this year. I have watched almost every game broadcast and hope to see more games in person soon. But, not going to lie, it is a hard ask. The parts appear to be better than the sum of the parts ... except for some nights, when there seems to be a glimmer of hope. And those "glimmer" nights just add to the frustration of the 3-4 games in-between them.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
insta isn't loading for some reason, what does this say?
Just an old pic of Gav and Elvis

I decided to really try to become a CBJ fan this year. I have watched almost every game broadcast and hope to see more games in person soon. But, not going to lie, it is a hard ask. The parts appear to be better than the sum of the parts ... except for some nights, when there seems to be a glimmer of hope. And those "glimmer" nights just add to the frustration of the 3-4 games in-between them.
It’s way more interesting than being a fan of constantly successful franchise though :)

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
Is that the game where the CBJ were down 5-0 after one? While there have been plenty of candidates, this game might go down as the worst game ever played in Nationwide Arena.
Found the box score: October 23rd, 2001. I would like to think the NHL went and buried all film of that game out in the desert, since i can't find highlights. Maybe that's for the best...

Reactions: CharlotteJacket

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad