Blue Jackets vs Capitals, 11/18/23 @ 7:30

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Guys played good, but Laine again bad. I hope Fix-Wolanski will play instead to him in the next game. If not, it will be unfair to the team and Troy. By the way, why doesn't he shoot, but passes it over the player? Two goals thanks to him.
They didnt though. So many mistakes, so many outside chances that look good on the shot clock but not the scoreboard. PP same as always

Reactions: thebus88

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I mean Olivier spun Lindgren around and that’s what caused the puck to pop out between his pads….

No?

Don’t do the whole “what team are you a fan of” thing, please.
Yeah. I didn't see it that way during the game. But I'm going to go watch the replay again.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Creating an outlet for Werenski who created a garbage turnover?

I'm with you on this one.

Jiricek was supposed to be the outlet there. Perhaps Laine, who was behind him, should have gone out front or communicated to Jiricek to go out front.

Werenski has been so weak on pucks this year, I'm wondering if he doesn't trust his shoulders. He used to get in the way, now he gets out of the way.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
No. He didn't have control of the puck when Olivier bumped him. He was flailing around like a fish. And the contact had no impact on his ability to stop Provorov's shot.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I think it started fine but its gotten really stupid. Laine is your best 1 shot threat, the obvious choice is to bench him while on a 6 on 4 right? :laugh: Atleast Johnson is away from this garbage.

Yeah... and apparently he got benched from trying a pass from point to slot, which was a stupid decision in that situation but when you start benching your (should be) best offensive players for trying to make plays in the O-zone when you're already down a goal, what does he hope to accomplish? He actually had a good game in the O-zone before that and they really need to get offense from guys like Laine going and what better way to do that and have him on ice to score late game equalizer? What is the goal here, what's the point he's trying to make? Make a mistake and you sit? I 100% understand benchings based on D-zone effort or even D-zone screw ups, or when you make stupid plays in the O-zone blueline with no one behind you, but where does it end? Should he have benched Severson for not scoring on that empty net where he had like 15 degree angle to miss the net and managed to hit it? :D

Reactions: FaffaDog

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah... and apparently he got benched from trying a pass from point to slot, which was a stupid decision in that situation but when you start benching your (should be) best offensive players for trying to make plays in the O-zone when you're already down a goal, what does he hope to accomplish? He actually had a good game in the O-zone before that and they really need to get offense from guys like Laine going and what better way to do that and have him on ice to score late game equalizer? What is the goal here, what's the point he's trying to make? Make a mistake and you sit? I 100% understand benchings based on D-zone effort or even D-zone screw ups, or when you make stupid plays in the O-zone blueline with no one behind you, but where does it end? Should he have benched Severson for not scoring on that empty net where he had like 15 degree angle to miss the net and managed to hit it? :D
He could quite literally bench the entire team during any given game.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Hopefully this game pushes jarmo to do something. These losing streaks aren’t good for the development
Are we going to trade players who have a bad part of the season, even though we know they can play great? And do we know if the replacements will help us? The youth line hasn't played that well, what if they lose form for a period of time? Some players have M-NTC. What if they have teams on their list of teams they don't want to go to that were interested in them and vice versa? Only Johnny and Zach have NMC.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
1 Thing I complained about with Torts was he would bench young players for making mistakes and I was scared that would kill their creativity. Vincent does it to everyone for any mistake, I dont see the upside

Reactions: NotCommitted

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Are we going to trade players who have a bad part of the season, even though we know they can play great? And do we know if the replacements will help us? The youth line hasn't played that well, what if they lose form for a period of time? Some players have M-NTC. What if they have teams on their list of teams they don't want to go to that were interested in them and vice versa? Only Johnny and Zach have NMC.
Who do we have that can play “great”? Seriously; who?

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
I am kinda surprised Jarmo hasn't tried anything yet. I guess that shows ownership isn't putting any pressure on him.

I just don't know what we can do. But Vincent is certainly making some mistakes.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I'm with you on this one.

Jiricek was supposed to be the outlet there. Perhaps Laine, who was behind him, should have gone out front or communicated to Jiricek to go out front.

Werenski has been so weak on pucks this year, I'm wondering if he doesn't trust his shoulders. He used to get in the way, now he gets out of the way.
I don't think he ever was strong on pucks. This lazy avoiding contact style has always been his d zone coverage. The difference now is there is no Seth Jones to cover for him. He looks really bad and I doubt it improves. Unless he gets a better defenseman than him on his pair so he can rove.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad