Dreger: Blue Jackets "not done" yet

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
It's risky but god forbid a GM put his balls out there and try to make a big splash and give it a shot. They could hang onto a later 1st and a couple okay prospects in order to......not suck as much after this year I guess? This is an interesting gamble for a team that has yet to get over the hump and I would assume has fans that have started to get frustrated. Bravo I say, assuming they truly aren't done and can add a little more.
If they were having a better season and were closer to the top of the standings, I'd agree.

They could hang on to the picks, move Panarin and Bob for the best returns, do some work in UFA and trades with all those assets they'd keep and gain from moving Panarin and Bob and try to build a team that can compete more than one time in the foreseeable future.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Makes sense for them to go all in, after Panarin and Bob leave they won't be this stacked on paper for a while. Not like they have elite prospects waiting to make the roster at this point.

I agree. Normally CBJ is very timid. But that GM has some big balls to be getting Duchene and still continuing to go for the gusto this season.

Hats off to Columbus. Being a small market team you really don’t want to gamble. But this GM is willing to.

Reactions: Fro

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I mean, they should be if Pan and Bob are as good as gone. You don’t know if Duchene is sticking around for good, so take your shot while you can.

I’d keep Pan as a self-rental and pick up Howard, then move Bob if you can get a good price on him from a lesser playoff or bubble team.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Kapanen for Anderson

Add more Speed and Skill to play with Duchene and Panarin
Anderson is just as fast, almost as skilled, scores more goals, and is bigger and much more physical.. Lateral at absolute best and has strong potential to be a loss for the Jackets.

* * *​
Tiffoli yes

Quick... eh, don’t want his contract with Elvis coming over next year
I'd have had it the other way around, myself. :)

Reactions: wahsnairb

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Just thinking out loud here, but I’m wondering if there is something workable with Anaheim around one of their defensemen and Wennberg

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Well I was under impression that CBJ were pushing big for these playoffs...but 99% of HF thinks that since they got Duchene, they will certainly move Panarin and maybe even Bob...so I guess not wrong depending who you believe.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Just thinking out loud here, but I’m wondering if there is something workable with Anaheim around one of their defensemen and Wennberg

It would likely be Montour and or Fowler. And if it’s Montour Ducks can get a much better player than Wennberg for him. Columbus has to add up the anti majorly if Montour is available.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
It would likely be Montour and or Fowler. And if it’s Montour Ducks can get a much better player than Wennberg for him. Columbus has to add up the anti majorly if Montour is available.

What would be the price for Fowler if Wennberg is part of the deal?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Wennberg is an assist machine. And that’s not the issue for the Ducks. We don’t have any scorers. I wouldn’t want Wennberg on the Ducks imo.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
CBJ needs to stop.. They arent getting past teams like Caps/Pens/Bolts/Bruins etc.... Thats if they even make the playoffs... so whats the point

Sure i appreciate the balls JK is showing and i love when teams make big trades, but i just feel its not the right time this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad