Dreger: Blue Jackets "not done" yet

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
This is speculation rather than rumor, but no doubt everybody will interpret is as the latter.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I am happy for CLB. They had to deal with Panarin crap all season, and now it looks like they are gonna be the trade deadlines biggest buyers.

Flipping Bread might still be a good call if they can get another roster player back, plus some assets to recoup there losses

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
I'm going to laugh so hard if they load-up, don't trade Panarin, and they lose in the first round. I like how aggressive Jaro is being to improve his team, but holding onto Panarin is non-sensical if he has made it clear he won't re-sign.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
So does C Bus keep Panarin for a cup run or trade him so they don’t lose him for nothing. I pose this question as a Devils fan who took the latter philosophy with Parise (I said Lou should have traded him before the season even started) but was meet with almost unanimous disagreement.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Neutral fan but this is fantastic.

The goal is to win - I wish more teams would go all in and take risks. Enough with the loser mentalities. Getting good players is a good thing.

I'd be ecstatic if Columbus somehow won the cup or made it out of the East at least.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
It's so weird. They're not even a top 5 team in the East. I don't understand sending out all these pieces for rentals from them if they are indeed chasing more.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
So does C Bus keep Panarin for a cup run or trade him so they don’t lose him for nothing. I pose this question as a Devils fan who took the latter philosophy with Parise (I said Lou should have traded him before the season even started) but was meet with almost unanimous disagreement.
The Jackets have evaluated the value of Panarin for the rest of the season + odds of him resigning and have set their value required in a trade for him accordingly.

If they can get a trade offer worth more than keeping him, they will take it. If not, they will keep him.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Neutral fan but this is fantastic.

The goal is to win - I wish more teams would go all in and take risks. Enough with the loser mentalities. Getting good players is a good thing.

I'd be ecstatic if Columbus somehow won the cup or made it out of the East at least.

Not sure it's a loser mentality, as it is the reality of the hard cap.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Torts has everyone ****ting their pants!!! I love it!!!

not saying Jackets aren't a good team but i doubt anyone is really scared of the Blue jackets and their zero playoff series wins under Torts. The top dogs in the east still remain Tampa, WSH, BOS, TOR and I'd even put Isles on there before CBJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad