Dreger: Blue Jackets "not done" yet

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Wennberg to Buffalo for something around Scandella or Beaulieu? Beaulieu is UFA after this season, Scandella has one more year at 4 mill.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
1) Trade Panarin to the Kings for Quick + conditional 1st (if Panarin doesn't sign in LA, they get CBJ 2019 1st)

2) Trade Bob to Florida for Hoffman

Two rentals for two players with term to keep the build going.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Neutral fan but this is fantastic.

The goal is to win - I wish more teams would go all in and take risks. Enough with the loser mentalities. Getting good players is a good thing.

I'd be ecstatic if Columbus somehow won the cup or made it out of the East at least.
I agree to an extent. I think teams that are legit contenders should go for it. Last year Vegas was too chicken to pay the price for EK and it cost them the cup. This year, I bet Winnipeg chickens out on Stone and it may cost them a trip to the finals.

Columbus, on the other, is not a legit contender so going all in is a bit of a head scratcher. However, Ottawa was not a legit contender a few years ago and they went all in and almost went to the finals.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB

Wennberg is scratched tonight. Could he be on the move?

:leafs
Wennberg
Nutivaara

:cbj
Gardiner
TOR 2nd 2019

Boosts CBJs LD, they take a hit at RD but I believe Nutivaara is 3rd on the depth chart there.

Leafs get a reclamation project in Wennberg and a RHD in Nutivaara with team control.

Leafs give up a 2nd too because Gardiner is a rental. Could be a conditional 2nd downgrading if Gardiner doesn’t re-sign or the Jackets don’t make the 2nd round.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Wennberg
Nutivaara

Gardiner
TOR 2nd 2019

Boosts CBJs LD, they take a hit at RD but I believe Nutivaara is 3rd on the depth chart there.

Leafs get a reclamation project in Wennberg and a RHD in Nutivaara with team control.

Leafs give up a 2nd too because Gardiner is a rental. Could be a conditional 2nd downgrading if Gardiner doesn’t re-sign or the Jackets don’t make the 2nd round.

Nope.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Wennberg
Nutivaara

Gardiner
TOR 2nd 2019

Nuti is a lefty... Also wouldnt trade him for Gardiner

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Wennberg
Nutivaara

Gardiner
TOR 2nd 2019

our LD is so overloaded we have Nuti playing right... you can make an offer for Wennberg if you choose but Nuti isnt being moved anytime soon unless Murray becomes unbreakable and both Gavrikov and Peeke become rookie sensations.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad