Post-Game Talk: Blue Jackets @ Caps, 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
You think Trotz should keep going with the guy even though he continues to make the same mistakes game after game. He might give him a pass if he produced on a more consistent basis.
He shows signs of brilliance but at the moment he us hurting the team more than helping.
He keeps your beloved Orpik in soooooo....

I mean that's the real problem. "oh Vrana did this and that and so he's scratched"

I could pick apart half this roster for the same mistakes they make every night. Like I said earlier Orpik sucked at the thing we keep him for and that led to a goal, no one is calling for his scratch though.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Schmidt was the 6th dman for most of the season. He became the 7th when we picked up Shattenkirk. And in the playoffs he was ahead of Alzner on the depth chart. The Caps said Alzner was out with an injury but Alzner insisted he was ready to play.
We messed up our score by trading for Shattenkirk. And then not protecting Schmidt. They should have protected 4 dmen instead of 3.
Protecting 4 d-men would have really janked around our offensive exposures.

I think the answer is that the expansion draft just favored teams with a weak d-core. My one complaint of the rules is that if you wanted to protect your defensive assets you were at a disadvantage.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Protecting 4 d-men would have really janked around our offensive exposures.

I think the answer is that the expansion draft just favored teams with a weak d-core. My one complaint of the rules is that if you wanted to protect your defensive assets you were at a disadvantage.
Well we lost one of our forwards anyway. We had to trade Johansson for cap reasons. May as well have lost one to the expansion draft instead. Not sure who we would have lost. Who knows maybe Vegas would have done us a favor by taking Burakovsky

Reactions: calicapsfan

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
He keeps your beloved Orpik in soooooo....

I mean that's the real problem. "oh Vrana did this and that and so he's scratched"

I could pick apart half this roster for the same mistakes they make every night. Like I said earlier Orpik sucked at the thing we keep him for and that led to a goal, no one is calling for his scratch though.
My beloved Orpik? Not sure where you are going with this because I'm not an Orpik fan. He is slow, has no clue what to do when he has the puck on his stick and we are paying him 3 times what he is worth.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Reports just in from COA, cold enough to occasionally see your breath on the barn tonight.

Hopefully a good sheet of ice for a change.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Who left a lot to be desired? Schmidt?

Maybe we are seeing what happens when Trotz doesn’t yank around young players and they are allowed to make mistakes. Schmidt has been a legitimate top pairing defenseman.

Uhhhh Shattenkirk, lol. Drinking? Smart man.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I think I'm ready for this.

NoqeGK2lRwCgVIwAuqn9_tumblr_m7fxr4CsDa1qbzvnio1_500.gif

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Going Power on Power seems like a bad idea, I'd have stuck with the Backstrom line vs. the Panarin line and hoped the Kuzya line would be able to pick on a Wennberg-less 2nd line.

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad