Post-Game Talk: Blue Jackets @ Caps, 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Nice that Grubauer ****s the bed and Holtby gets credit for the loss. Probably not going help his confidence. This whole goaltending issue has me wound right up. This is exactly was I was worried would happen. Grubauer plays mediocre and now Holtby will be expected to bail them out. We better hope he can get back to his vezina form.
Who knows Trotz might go back to Grubauer next game.
Who cares who takes the loss? Everyone knows Holtby came in after Grubby gave up 4. The game winner wasn't soft but it was savable. Maybe he'll want to prove himself and rise to the occasion.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Trotz won’t commit to a goalie!! Hahahaha. Who you trying to fool? What a loser. Just come out and say it. Don’t try to be the smartest guy in the room.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
It's one game at a time, if you still want to believe in this team. All I see is that CBJ only needs to win 2 games while we have to win 4.
These 2 losses really have to hurt the mentality of this team. Should have won both games but end up losing 2 at home. Losing 2 on the road wouldn't be as bad. This is going to be a bug uphill battle. And does the team have can't confidence in their goaltending?
We could easily get swept in this series.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
These 2 losses really have to hurt the mentality of this team. Should have won both games but end up losing 2 at home. Losing 2 on the road wouldn't be as bad. This is going to be a bug uphill battle. And does the team have can't confidence in their goaltending?
We probably will.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Can a Caps fan explain to me why Djoos has been sat all series? Every Caps game I've watched, he looked like a top 4 Dman.

Much like Schmidt last year... Trotz just has no clue. It's sad watching Schmidt playing some great defense over there in Vegas town while we get stuck here watching Trotz bench another Top-4 d-man for old man orpik.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
This team can't get it done in the playoffs. Different year, same old early exits and excuses I'm sure. I honestly hope they can get their collective minds together and still win this but I think it's far more likely we get swept.

Reactions: calicapsfan

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I can't imagine having Orpik play big Minutes and paying him near 6 mil. He was done in Pittsburgh.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
very_first_choke.gif

Reactions: Bananas

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I feel bad for the next team that hires this no-neck having dinosaur of a coach. And I know someone will hire him unless he retires himself. So just do everyone a favor, Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad