Post-Game Talk: Blue Jackets @ Caps, 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Deal them for whatever you can get, OV, Backstrom, Holtby, Oshie etc. Stockpile 1st round picks and prospects, bring in management who know how to build a team and a coaching staff that can help develop youth.

Of course none of this will happen, as long as the games keep selling out and the fans keep drinking the kool-aid. Uncle Ted will continue to milk this cash cow until it dries up completely.

Last edited:

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
Teams with a 2-0 series lead usually win the series 88% of the time. So we have a 12% chance of taking this one still. Crazier things have happened, but I don't think we have the horses or the mental strength to get out of this hole we dug ourselves.

We don't really have the mental strength to win a series when we're up 2-0.

Reactions: RandyHolt

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Amazing inability to separate from a team once we get in front. It’s not like we were winning 2-0 in razor-tight games where Grade-A chances were scarce.

In both Game 1 and Game 2, we had plenty of chances to move out into 3- or 4-goal leads. Partly it’s Bobrovsky, but an equally big part of it is just straight-up choking.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Deal them for whatever you can get, OV, Backstrom, Holtby, Oshie etc. Stockpile 1st round picks and prospect, bring in management who know how to build a team and a coaching staff that can help develop youth.

most are protected by no trade clauses

ovie 10 teams
backs 7 teams
holtby 7 teams
oshie 15 teams

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
You do know this forum has a search feature right... I remember responding to your assertion that DSP and Chiasson are "defensively responsible".. I beg to differ, those two are trash along with Connolly. All three led to our downfall today.

" I find it funny you can scrutinize every single play of Vrana's career and put him under a microscope and find everything bad about what he does (but not acknowledge all the good things he does), but you can't do the same for Chia/DSP/Connolly."

You have no problem outlining every little detail of Vrana's screw ups (which btw, didn't lead to any goals against)... but when the aforementioned 3 members of the trash gang screw up... you ask "what exactly did they do." Uh.. they were trash... none of them were "Defensively responsible" like you always claim and all of them had a hand in one or more goals against. How come there's no scrutiny into their play?
Chaisson and DSP are defensively responsible. Doesnt mean they dont make mistakes. They all do. I dont think either of them are great players. They are your typical 4th line players. I dont really like either of them but I dont dislike either of them.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Wennberg, 2 CBJ first, Bjorkstrand, Gabriel Carlsson, for Ovie.

Makes CBJ cup contenders, Wash gets rebuild pieces

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
How can you blame the coach? They had over 50 shots. They dominated the whole third and overtime. He can’t go out there and score for them. That’s embarrassing.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
Amazing inability to separate from a team once we get in front. It’s not like we were winning 2-0 in razor-tight games where Grade-A chances were scarce.

In both Game 1 and Game 2, we had plenty of chances to move out into 3- or 4-goal leads. Partly it’s Bobrovsky, but an equally big part of it is just straight-up choking.

If you got points for hitting the post or not shooting on open nets, Caps win this by double digits.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Teams with a 2-0 series lead usually win the series 88% of the time. So we have a 12% chance of taking this one still. Crazier things have happened, but I don't think we have the horses or the mental strength to get out of this hole we dug ourselves.
If they can win the next one, those odds to win the series roughly double ! How else can we think? :innocent:

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Neither of those three are "Defensively responsible"... And neither is Vrana... but at least he's got speed and skill. The other three can't do jack.
Yes they are. Chaisson and DSP are defensively responsible players. They aren't going to win a Selke but they play defense. Connolly doesnt really play defense. All Connolly has going for him is a quick release.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'll worry if they lose the next one.

Why worry? They've met my expectations already. I predicted in the offseason that this team would make the playoffs but likely lose in the 1st round. They're on track to do exactly that. I thought we could do something about Columbus since they're one of the weakest teams in the East but I guess we're also one of the weakest teams in the East.

Life goes on CCF. Let's just enjoy the very few nice things we have, like actually making the playoffs every year. We could be like these Blue Jackets, who fail to get to the dance most of the time and ultimately get bounced by Pittsburgh. We only do the latter.

Reactions: NOLAPensFan

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
The point is to win the Cup, and they are the face of underperformance and mediocrity in that regard. Historically so.

Since Ovechkin has been drafted, the Blackhawks have won 3 Cups, Pittsburgh 3 Cups, Boston a Cups, LA 2 Cups, Carolina a Cup, and the Rangers and Flyers have both come out of the East.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The point is to win the Cup, and they are the face of underperformance and mediocrity in that regard. Historically so.

Since Ovechkin has been drafted, the Blackhawks have won 3 Cups, Pittsburgh 3 Cups, Boston a Cups, LA 2 Cups, Carolina a Cup, and the Rangers and Flyers have both come out of the East.

We're all well aware of that by now.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Nice that Grubauer shits the bed and Holtby gets credit for the loss. Probably not going help his confidence. This whole goaltending issue has me wound right up. This is exactly was I was worried would happen. Grubauer plays mediocre and now Holtby will be expected to bail them out. We better hope he can get back to his vezina form.
Who knows Trotz might go back to Grubauer next game.

Reactions: ovikovy817
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad