Blue Bullet Report(Updated Apr 22: Expected Draft Value of a Forward Selected Top 90)

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
How appropriate is it that McDavid is predicted to get 97 points based on your calculations? :laugh:

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
Rookie point prediction for McDavid:

Using my point prediction model for draft eligible CHL forwards (NHLP), I compared McDavid relative to other top picks and how they progressed in their rookie season in the NHL.

Based on this, my points prediction for McDavid's rookie season is 77GP-28G-43A-71P

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
In my latest post I apply the NHLP formula to CHL forwards selected #4-6 overall.

4to6nhlp.png

4to6nonpp.png

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think what will really separate the Taylor vrs Tyler debate is when the Oilers finally make the playoffs. Hall's style of play and mentality is made for post season play.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
Today's post on the Blue Bullet Report I look back into why RNH was the first selection of the 2011 NHL draft. I also evaluate whether the Oilers made the right selection with RNH or if new statistical evidence suggests a better option was available.

Last edited:

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Today's post on the Blue Bullet Report I look back into why RNH was the first selection of the 2011 NHL draft. I also evaluate whether the Oilers made the right selection with RNH or if new statistical evidence suggests a better option was available.

Interesting. Look forward to seeing your 2012 analysis, since that is easily the most controversial 1st OA year for us.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
In my latest post I apply my point prediction model to CHL forwards drafted 16th to 20th Overall. The Oilers traded away the 16th overall pick which could have been used on Barzal or Svechnikov. What type of players do they project to be offensively?

Last edited:

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
In my latest post at the Blue Bullet Report, I review the Oilers month of October based on the quality of competition faced. While a 4-8-0 record is not great it may not be as bad as some belief. I also make predictions on what results I expect for the month of November.

oilz89*

In my latest post at the Blue Bullet Report, I review the Oilers month of October based on the quality of competition faced. While a 4-8-0 record is not great it may not be as bad as some belief. I also make predictions on what results I expect for the month of November.

I think the record is ok going off the schedule we had. Besides, I am not the only one that thinks that we should've got points in 2 of those games in October. I think you know which 2 games i am referring to

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
In my latest post I apply my point prediction model to CHL forwards drafted 21st to 25th Overall. See how stats matter as their is a clear difference between the players with the top 12 NHLP scores versus the bottom 13. Also see how Rob Schremp's numbers predicted he would be a poor selection. Also check out how Marc Pouliot and Jordan Eberle faired.

Last edited:

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
In my latest post I apply my point prediction model to CHL forwards drafted 26th to 30th Overall. Recent draft picks such as Goldobin, Scherbak, Beauvillier, Ho Sang, Klimchuk and Merkley project very well.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Damn, Landeskog is real low on that list. Galchenyuk is also really low, but I wonder if his injury skewed his NHLP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad