Half-Assed GDT: blu vs bee

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
The good news is my boy Sanford is racking up tha points!

He's been a real bright spot, I was certain he would make the team in camp and it's great to see how much better he looks. He had a real nice sequence on a shift after his goal where he showed some beautiful passing and I made sure to catch his #. Looks much stronger on his skates and it shows in his board battles.

Really love Barbashev this year, he seems to understand he has to play hard every night.

Reactions: Bendak

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I would never take any sort of personal joy over someone losing their job but speaking strictly professional Yeo seemed utterly clueless in the press conference. He said some koombaya mumbo jumbo but not one specific thing of substance.

Now’s the time to come together? Good luck with that Mickey Mouse rhetoric. Can they all hold hands on the ice too?

Anyone watching this team play Toronto and Winnipeg knows the talent is there. The coach can’t get out on the ice but they better know how to motivate their players and get the most from them.

Benching Dunn for two games seems to have motivated him. That wasn’t the plan. He was benched because he made a mistake and it cost the Blues 1 point. Dunn has played excellent since returning to the lineup. He’s then rewarded by the coach by sitting most of a pivotal 3rd against the Jets for Bouwmeester.

My personal preference, honestly, would be the Blues lose every game and draft Hughes. We all know that’s not what the Blues organization wants. If the Blues could get Hughes and change the goalie situation I think they would be an elite team for the next 5+ years. I’m assuming a different coach as well. I don’t have any confidence any of that will happen but that’s my dream scenario.

I fully expect Yeo to get fired very soon. I just don’t know who Army will trust to run the show.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Dear Lord. :( Just got home and ... (sigh). I have the game recorded, but I don't know if I have the heart to watch it. GDT is going to be an interesting read.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Fire Yeo. Buy out Bouwmeester. Trade Allen (for a six-pack of beer). Strip the C from "the leader".

I'm down with chucking JayBo; his career is done.

I'd bench Jake and start Chad right now. Jake has the ability to make any backup on the same roster as him turn into an Elite Starter and steal his job.

I'm ok with taking the C from Pie even though Pie isn't the problem and he can't do much when your coaching is an absolute dumpster fire. The question is, who do you give it to? I'm not seeing anyone on the roster worthy of the C beyond Steen and even then...

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada

I'd bench Jake and start Chad right now. Jake has the ability to make any backup on the same roster as him turn into an Elite Starter and steal his job.

I'm ok with taking the C from Pie even though Pie isn't the problem and he can't do much when your coaching is an absolute dumpster fire. The question is, who do you give it to? I'm not seeing anyone on the roster worthy of the C beyond Steen and even then...
Meh, ROR wouldn't be a bad choice.

Mafisen

Oct 14, 2018

I'd give it to Edmundson.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Yeo right now:

giphy.gif

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Imagine an organization spending to the cap and getting this. Wow. Just wow.
We actually have the highest payroll in the league, though obviously not by much with the cap in place. I’d be rather pissed if I was Stillman. You know he’s as frustrated as anyone with how passionate he is about the team.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I don’t see any path forward where Yeo doesn’t get fired, it’s just a matter of how much longer. They could maybe swing a deal to change goalies, but it will probably cost painful assets. Husso coming into this right now seems detrimental to his future. If calling up Husso becomes the big move, I really think Armstrong has lost his way.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I don’t see any path forward where Yeo doesn’t get fired, it’s just a matter of how much longer. They could maybe swing a deal to change goalies, but it will probably cost painful assets. Husso coming into this right now seems detrimental to his future. If calling up Husso becomes the big move, I really think Armstrong has lost his way.

The Chicago game has to be it. Either he wins and keeps his job or he loses and is done.

I'm sure Armstrong has been on the phone with several possible replacements and has gauged their interest in the job.

There's 4 days off after Chicago. Perfect time to switch up.

Army is already showing mercy by giving Yeo one more game. If anything, Army has to give Yeo one more game so the next coach isn't always looking over his shoulder for a quick axe. Makes the job more desirable to better coaches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bendak and 67Blues
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad