Blocked Shot - Hit Testicle

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
Alright, alright, been seeing this thread title for long enough now, finally decided to jump in balls first and wow it was good for a laugh or two. First off, I never step on the ice without a cup, I think I had a cup check at practice once when I was <10 years old, that stick to the nuts was more than enough incentive for me to always wear a cup. I think if I had to play a full game without a cup I would skate one handed with one hand permanently affixed to the boys.

Well, the verdict is in.. I got jerked around all day, and literally none of the visits were even necessary.. Though I did want an ultrasound for peace of mind that I did not rupture it..

I got my first ultrasound and at first they said that I should be fine and it was just a severe contusion.. Then I got home and got a call from the doctor saying "wait.. It IS a "fractured testicle" which means it is ruptured and if you want to keep your left testicle you need to go to ER IMMEDIATELY.."

Then, I get to the ER.. And they wanted to do their OWN ultrasound.. They did it, and found that it was indeed just a severe contusion.

My left nut is EXTREMELY swollen and it still hurts like hell.. But at least I didn't need surgery. I AM, out for six weeks and have to miss the remainder of my beer league playoffs.. : (

Sorry but this whole post just made me :laugh:

It's not intensity, it's stupidity. Anyone that plays without a cup and still goes out and pulls a stunt like that gets no sympathy from me, and no admiration either. Just plain stupid.

Amen to that,

It is stupidity. Nobody will deny that. I will never play without a cup ever again. Especially when I was pretty damn close to becoming Hockeys Lance Armstrong..

However, being 21 and aged out of Juniors, beer league is the only real hockey I have left, and I've come to be pretty close with the guys on my team.. We've been a team together for a long time now.. And its the playoffs and we all want to win..

Would I slide to block that shot if I could go back? Absolutely not. BUT it was a huge block shot that probably prevented a goal and I love the game and love to win so at the very least I can take that as a positive.

I'm the same age as you, I know there is no where to really go from here but beer league, but I'm going to enjoy my time there and protect the baby makers. There is no worse feeling than getting cracked in the nuts. I couldn't imagine a puck there, just no way. Anyways hang in there, hopefully you recover quickly, and don't forget a cup ever again.

I was a goalie as a kid. One day at summer camp, I forgot my cup (still don't know how). 11 years old. Figured I never get hit there, not likely to happen today.

First 10 minutes, guy with the hardest shot wrists one right in my junk. I dropped down and was down for 10 minutes.

I immediately went and bought a cup. Needless to say I never forgot a cup again and I'll never step on the ice without one now. I made a stupid kid call and I learned my lesson.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
I was a goalie as a kid. One day at summer camp, I forgot my cup (still don't know how). 11 years old. Figured I never get hit there, not likely to happen today.

First 10 minutes, guy with the hardest shot wrists one right in my junk. I dropped down and was down for 10 minutes.

I immediately went and bought a cup. Needless to say I never forgot a cup again and I'll never step on the ice without one now. I made a stupid kid call and I learned my lesson.

Along the lines of this, I forgot my cup in my outdoor ball hockey league in the spring. I play goalie. We're supplied with (crappy) padding, and so to be safe I took a piece of padding from a broken helmet and rolled tape around my groin to hold it in place. Low and behold, second period, took a shot to the pads. I was perfectly fine, wouldn't have been otherwise.

Frozen North

Healthy Scratch
Oct 8, 2002
OK
Visit site
I used to not wear a cup in Roller Hockey back when I was young and stupid. Took a shot right below the nuggets and actually "caught" the shot with my inner thighs. Went back to the bench and told a buddy: "that was a close one!" Sure enough, next shift, took a hard shot right to the tip...dropped like a sack of potatos...next thing I remember is being curled up on the bench trying to hold back the tears!

Needless to say, I won't even practice by myself without a cup!

thedoc1019

Nov 16, 2009
Florida
this is one of craziest thread's I've ever seen on hear.

Get to a doctor ASAP dude.A forum can't really help you when it comes to your nuts

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Along the lines of this, I forgot my cup in my outdoor ball hockey league in the spring. I play goalie. We're supplied with (crappy) padding, and so to be safe I took a piece of padding from a broken helmet and rolled tape around my groin to hold it in place. Low and behold, second period, took a shot to the pads. I was perfectly fine, wouldn't have been otherwise.

Back in high school we had a rec street hockey league that used a ball. One game our goalie apparently forgot to put his cup back into his jock after the laundry was done. So he showed up to the game without a cup...he flung stuff around in his bag and, for whatever reason, found a floppy disk in his hockey bag. He stuffed that down his jock for the game. Unfortunately for us, he never took one off the 'floppy' in that game :laugh:

two out of three*

Update if anyone cares:

Even right now it is still pretty damn swollen. No pain though, but still have to be careful. Anyways, they discovered I also had a "Testicular Hematoma." Which I don't really know what that means, but it has to do with blood.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
Update if anyone cares:

Even right now it is still pretty damn swollen. No pain though, but still have to be careful. Anyways, they discovered I also had a "Testicular Hematoma." Which I don't really know what that means, but it has to do with blood.
Hematoma is a fancy name for big, three-dimensional bruise, usually still in liquid or semi-clotted form, that's not at the surface of your skin like we think of with typical bruises. Usually it's in a muscle with sports injuries, though it can be in any space that's not open like the abdomen or lung.

They are notable because they don't always reabsorb easily and sometimes they have to be physically drained or surgically so they don't calcify (ala Cam Neely's thing) or cut off circulation to the areas around them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad