Proposal: Blockbuster PIT-EDM-CAR

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Forgot about Necas. He's a stud, my bad.

1.) Lucic would waive for the low pressure situation in Carolina where no one would bat an eye his way

You are missing the point. It's not if he would waive to go to Carolina, it's if he'd agree, once traded, to not have his NMC still stay in effect after the trade. Contrary to what many on HF think, a NMC is not voided if a player waives it once. The team and the player need to agree to keep it in place, but I don't ever recall a situation where a NMC was already in place and wasn't still in place after a trade (because the player being traded makes sure the new team will honor it). Therefore, the Canes would need to protect Lucic in the next expansion draft thus having to lose someone else. That's why his NMC is toxic.

2.)He signed here because of Mcdavid and thats why he didnt go back to Carolina. If we asked him to waive Carolina would probably be on the list. Then you could just flip him for more assets to another team or keep him.

Disagree that he'd waive to go to Carolina. Even if he did, he would still have a NMC which would limit the ability for Carolina to flip him. Would put the Canes in a bad, and totally unnecessary situation. It just makes no sense what-so-ever for Carolina to get a $5M+ LHD back in a trade for Faulk.

4.)Necas and Svechnikov are studs. Aho I think you could lock up for 7m on a 6 year Pastrnak esque deal. Dougie's new contract is still a ways away

Maybe on Aho, but he's the Canes franchise player right now. In terms of Dougie's new contract, it's no more further away than Svechnikov's next contract and a couple years before Lucic's contract expires.

You were trying to get rid of your cap problems and the Canes have no incentive to take Lucic or a guy (Sekera) that they have no need for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad