Pre-Game Talk: BLEH!

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
That never stops. I agree with ya

Not sure how u think I’m gloating. If I choose to make in fun of a fan base that rips apart Edmonton any chance they can, trust me , I will. I’ll stand up to you anytime u try to rip me apart. U can check my posts and see if I ripped apart players. I’m Pro Nurse, Foegele, Ceci
U should check into what u gonna write about someone before u come on here
I don't know man, I guess I just don't believe in going to other boards and rubbing it in, im not saying that you'll do just that, but there have been comments in GDT and PDTs about posters going to other teams boards to troll.

As to the gloat comment, I guess its more a general comment rather than specific to you. Although I have no problem or issue with calling out specific posters for their comments (three on zero) on the mains. Let the TML fans have their meltdowns in peace on their board, roast them to hell on the mains though :P

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't know man, I guess I just don't believe in going to other boards and rubbing it in, im not saying that you'll do just that, but there have been comments in GDT and PDTs about posters going to other teams boards to troll.

As to the gloat comment, I guess its more a general comment rather than specific to you. Although I have no problem or issue with calling out specific posters for their comments (three on zero) on the mains. Let the TML fans have their meltdowns in peace on their board, roast them to hell on the mains though :P
Yeah I'm not a fan of trolling teams on their home boards. The mains is where we catch our fair share of shit and then some, that's where it's a bit of a thunderdome.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Oilers line up the last game in 2019
View attachment 601418
big-pile-of-shit-jurassic-park.gif

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

I’m not writing nothing in their boards. U get suspended for that. Already found out. I’m a secret agent reading their post and reporting the info on ours .

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
It has become clear to me that the officials are doing exactly what the league wants, as we continue to see the same crap game after game, season after season. Hate to say it, but the league is run by morons. Why else would you not promote your most marketable stars and bizarrely, actually allow more atrocities on the ice against them than Joe Plug players. The only thing keeping the league afloat is our insanely deep love for the sport. Imagine if the league was actually run by someone with vision.
This to me is the real crime in all of this. They try to sell this as a game of speed and skill but then to obtain "parity" they try to neutralize the stars on the ice. I can understand why a coach might want a "3-2" league. But why would the league want that?

Last edited:

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
This to me is the real crime in all of this. They try to sell this as a game of speed and skill but then to obtain "parody" they try to neutralize the stars on the ice. I can understand why a coach might want a "3-2" league. But why would the league want that?
Bettman/Daley have openly said they believe the more rare goals are the more special they are so in their opinion they believe the lower the scoring the more satisfying the game result.

The NHL needs new leadership, hard stop. The league is profitable but it could be so much more, the old guard is holding the game back.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Bettman/Daley have openly said they believe the more rare goals are the more special they are so in their opinion they believe the lower the scoring the more satisfying the game result.

The NHL needs new leadership, hard stop. The league is profitable but it could be so much more, the old guard is holding the game back.
I have never heard that myself but it sure seems like that's what they think. In my opinion it is a stupid strategy.

Where's the RNH topic? He's not getting enough credit for the work he's done so far this year.
Just wait until the Oilers loose. He'll get lots of talk then! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AM

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This to me is the real crime in all of this. They try to sell this as a game of speed and skill but then to obtain "parody" they try to neutralize the stars on the ice. I can understand why a coach might want a "3-2" league. But why would the league want that?
Parity reasons would be my guess. Seems like they want to try make it so that on any given night a team has a chance to win. They don't want to get to the point where fans just don't show up because they know it's going to be a loss before the game starts.

That's about the only thing that makes sense to me, but I don't know that I'd do that at the expense of making your star players look like stars.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Yeah I'm not a fan of trolling teams on their home boards. The mains is where we catch our fair share of shit and then some, that's where it's a bit of a thunderdome.
As i said, Im not trolling them. I go in and read their boards and report back to our boards their anger
Is there a problem with this?

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Holland has made some missteps (like all GMs), but he inherited a truly awful roster. I think a lot of fans forget that
Cause that is not exactly true...

He inherited a roster that includes two of the BEST players in the world coming fully into their prime... a team that was capable of being within an eyelash of making the conference finals in 2016-2017. It took Holland years to even come close to the success that Chiarelli accomplished and Chiarelli, as much as we all like to trash him, had a much much much worse roster to work with when he took over.

I am all for praising Holland for forming what appears to be a good team right now but lets not pretend he had it as rough as previous GMs did here, or that he made some kind of miraculous transformation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad