Pre-Game Talk: BLEH!

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
What's wrong is the officials that the NHL are trotting out are f***ing incompetent. Chris Lee was the genius calling the Duck/Leaf game last night. Besides the nonsense goalie interference call, he awarded the Leafs a penalty shot earlier in the game on basically the same play that the Ducks had earlier on a breakaway except they didn't get a penalty shot. I hate Eakins, but I was smiling and nodding my head when he absolutely gave Lee the business on the Leaf penalty shot call. Something like "don't wave your hand at me get over here and talk to me you f***ing little f***er!"

Lee is also the moron that called off two legitimate goals in Game 2 against the Flames last year.

I didn't have Rooney on my list of shit officials, but I obviously should have now that it's clear he worked to overturn the call on the ice against the Blackhawks from the neutral zone and was also the culprit in the Game 5 disaster against the Ducks.

Will anything change even with media pressure? Absolutely not. Last season when the refs were on a run of gross incompetence Friedman basically said on his podcast that he tries not to bother thinking about it because he asked around the league about the quality of officiating and he basically was told to f*** off.

I'm a Bettman supporter due to what he did to keep the Oilers alive, but he needs to go if he keeps playing deaf blind and dumb as it pertains to officiating. It's on a steady year over year decline and its impacting the quality of the sport.
It has become clear to me that the officials are doing exactly what the league wants, as we continue to see the same crap game after game, season after season. Hate to say it, but the league is run by morons. Why else would you not promote your most marketable stars and bizarrely, actually allow more atrocities on the ice against them than Joe Plug players. The only thing keeping the league afloat is our insanely deep love for the sport. Imagine if the league was actually run by someone with vision.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I was a Bettman supporter for the same reason as you however that grace ran out during the McDavid years with the grossly incompetent way the league manages the officials and their calling of the game.

Its to the point now where it has to be costing them fans.
In past years I watched games where the Oilers were not playing to see how teams were doing, and a number of them were quite entertaining.

The board ads took care of that this year. I avoid other games now.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
It has become clear to me that the officials are doing exactly what the league wants, as we continue to see the same crap game after game, season after season. Hate to say it, but the league is run by morons. Why else would you not promote your most marketable stars and bizarrely, actually allow more atrocities on the ice against them than Joe Plug players. The only thing keeping the league afloat is our insanely deep love for the sport. Imagine if the league was actually run by someone with vision.
Even the TSN Toronto panel with Oneil etc were saying that the EDM call and the ANA no goal were complete garbage. I don't see them say that much. They were on Anaheim's side last night and Edmonton's

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
Oilers line up the last game in 2019
1667253208830.png

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
In past years I watched games where the Oilers were not playing to see how teams were doing, and a number of them were quite entertaining.

The board ads took care of that this year. I avoid other games now.
I have a feeling you could conclusively prove that digital ads give children cancer, and Rogers and the other media companies would call it acceptable losses

They are basically getting a huge boost in the amount of ads they can sell during the game off formerly static ad placement that was dictated entirely by NHL teams and/or their arenas, not to mention they can personalize board ads in foreign markets for their regional broadcasts. It's probably a huge money maker for them and here to stay.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Pretty sure I said this a few years back already. People always complain about the refs in our games, but every time I watched other teams play it's really no different.

The league is also the one league out there that really tries to bring down their stars. Have no idea why, but you'd think with all the offensive talent out there the league would want to promote it. Instead they find a way to suffocate it. Then there are people out there wondering why NHLers go so unrecognized in the general public or why they aren't getting the promotions that other players in other leagues get.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Draisaitl's favorite team. I bet Saros pees a little everytime Leon has possession

It's crazy how the tables have turned over the years

Nashville used to be Edmonton's kryptonite. I believe they set a franchise record for most consecutive wins against any team, vs Edmonton. They didn't lose to the Oilers for over 4 years; won 13 straight games beginning Oct 2014 all the way to Oct 2018. Going back further, they also had won 13 of 15 games from Nov 2006 all the way to January 2011 (won 9 straight, undefeated for 2 years, from Nov 2006 to Oct 2008)

Now it's Edmonton with domination, winning 6 straight against the Preds, with their last loss over 3 and a half years ago, dating back to Feb 2019 (shootout loss)

Should be a fun game. Happy Halloween fellas

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
not Oilers related but watching the Leafs lose never grows old. 2 goal lead last night, they lose. Should not have got a loser point ffs. Marner gives up goal, Tavares soft on another, Leafs soft, etc. I love this. I wonder if Toronto media will still report McDavid wants to play there? Good way to ruin your life. I gotta go check the comments. This shit is too much fun. I love this. Firrst the Jays choke, now the Leafs choke. I usually dont like Mondays but this is awesome. I'm going undercover into their board

Who gets fired first?
Laugh and gloat all you like, but this place was just as bad after only 3 games, and some posters were ready to give up on the season and made stupid comments about the team and calling everyone losers, and wanting to jettison a lot of the player ( Campbell, foegele, Nurse, Ceci to name a few)

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Laugh and gloat all you like, but this place was just as bad after only 3 games, and some posters were ready to give up on the season and made stupid comments about the team and calling everyone losers, and wanting to jettison a lot of the player ( Campbell, foegele, Nurse, Ceci to name a few)
That never stops. I agree with ya

Not sure how u think I’m gloating. If I choose to make in fun of a fan base that rips apart Edmonton any chance they can, trust me , I will. I’ll stand up to you anytime u try to rip me apart. U can check my posts and see if I ripped apart players. I’m Pro Nurse, Foegele, Ceci
U should check into what u gonna write about someone before u come on here

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
I have to go out and buy more halloween candy as I bought my stuff too early this year and thus have eaten half of it, at least the stuff I like. :nod:

I never know how many kids I will get from year to year. Some years I get lots and lots other years hardly anyone.
Better make sure you buy lots then, you don’t want to come up short.

Reactions: Beerfish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad