Pre-Game Talk: BLEH!

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
I VANT TO SUCK YOUR BLOOD! BLEH!

446-4461524_pepe-meme-rarepepe-dracula-vampire-pepe-the-frog.jpg

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
not Oilers related but watching the Leafs lose never grows old. 2 goal lead last night, they lose. Should not have got a loser point ffs. Marner gives up goal, Tavares soft on another, Leafs soft, etc. I love this. I wonder if Toronto media will still report McDavid wants to play there? Good way to ruin your life. I gotta go check the comments. This shit is too much fun. I love this. Firrst the Jays choke, now the Leafs choke. I usually dont like Mondays but this is awesome. I'm going undercover into their board

Who gets fired first?

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Couple of thoughts:

- McLeod, Skinner, Niemelainen all making an impact with the big club. When was the last time we had this many non-first round picks on the active roster? And these guys aren’t just playing 5-6 minutes. Even Niemo played ~15 mins against Calgary on Saturday. Future is looking bright folks.

- Wow are things bleak in Toronto. I’ve been reading a bit of the fan reactions to their latest loss and they really seem to hate their team. Many calling it the least likeable team they’ve iced in years.

- Contrast that with our team that looks as tight knit as ever. McDrai + Nurse bromance notwithstanding, we have the HymaNuge duo, Yamo/Foegele/McLeod/Bouchard foursome, a likeable Soup/Stu goalie tandem, and even some of the younger guys like Niemo and Holloway building rapport with the team.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
not Oilers related but watching the Leafs lose never grows old. 2 goal lead last night, they lose. Should not have got a loser point ffs.

Who gets fired first?

Really hope it is Dubas. Such a smarmy, arrogant jerk. I still remember he wouldn't do a sign-and-trade with the Oilers so the Oilers could sign Hyman to an eight year deal. Dubas claimed he wouldn't "bend the knee" to Holland.

Still don't get wtf that was about. Everyone knew the Oilers were signing Hyman. Not sure why Dubas thought getting an extra pick for his team was a sign of fealty.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Couple of thoughts:

- McLeod, Skinner, Niemelainen all making an impact with the big club. When was the last time we had this many non-first round picks on the active roster? And these guys aren’t just playing 5-6 minutes. Even Niemo played ~15 mins against Calgary on Saturday. Future is looking bright folks.

- Wow are things bleak in Toronto. I’ve been reading a bit of the fan reactions to their latest loss and they really seem to hate their team. Many calling it the least likeable team they’ve iced in years.

- Contrast that with our team that looks as tight knit as ever. McDrai + Nurse bromance notwithstanding, we have the HymaNuge duo, Yamo/Foegele/McLeod/Bouchard foursome, a likeable Soup/Stu goalie tandem, and even some of the younger guys like Niemo and Holloway building rapport with the team.
That's what happen when the team management is lacing up the skates at night.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Really hope it is Dubas. Such a smarmy, arrogant jerk. I still remember he wouldn't do a sign-and-trade with the Oilers so the Oilers could sign Hyman to an eight year deal. Dubas claimed he wouldn't "bend the knee" to Holland.

Still don't get wtf that was about. Everyone knew the Oilers were signing Hyman. Not sure why Dubas thought getting an extra pick for his team was a sign of fealty.
agreed 100%
MLSE is a complete gong show. IT has been for my entire life.
Funny thing with the prick job that Dubas did with Holland is we retained the pick that was to go the other way if the 7 year deal was agreed upon. We drafted Petrov with that pick. Atta boy Dubas, u tried to play poker with Kenny Holland with nothing in your hand and he controlled the cards.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I have to go out and buy more halloween candy as I bought my stuff too early this year and thus have eaten half of it, at least the stuff I like. :nod:

I never know how many kids I will get from year to year. Some years I get lots and lots other years hardly anyone.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I have to go out and buy more halloween candy as I bought my stuff too early this year and thus have eaten half of it, at least the stuff I like. :nod:

I never know how many kids I will get from year to year. Some years I get lots and lots other years hardly anyone.

Same.

Reactions: tardigrade81

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
The oilers have 3 home games this week:

View attachment 601303

I'd start Skinner vs Nashville and Dallas and give the Devils start to Campbell.
You might be right. All are tough outs. NJD put 53 shots up on CBJ yesterday. Probably comes down to team styles and how each of our goalies play against certain offense styles.

@Mr Kot eat a ton of chilli today with an anti diarrheal pill then Indian food all day tomorrow and wash down supper with a laxative.

Should be good for a couple good Huberdeau’s come game time guaranteeing us a win.
Better put EPCOR on standby.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

My take on Dubas is he's a politician as much as a GM. You kind of have to be in that market, but still.

He knew Leaf media and fans would lap up acting "tough" to the Oilers with respect to the Hyman deal in the very public way he chose. When he throws a tantrum in the GM suite - he knows he's constantly on camera. To me his rant in the game against Dallas that is now a meme was totally contrived. He wanted the cameras to read his lips.

He's just a little worm.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
1,2,3,4…4, 4 games lost in a row, ah, ah, ah, ah!

Love the Count, love the falling Leafs
I use to put that on my FB to remind the Leaf fans how many losses they have in a row. We have the same mentality when it comes to the Leafs. Thats a good thing. They deserve every heckling they get. I never get tired of them losing

McGreat One

Jan 1, 2010
I don't think it has been talked about enough yet but this is the best I've ever seen RNH play. I know it's still early but he's talked about how he worked on his shooting this offseason and you can certainly tell.

His passes are a little more dialed in and he just got an extra jump in his step. As I said, It's still early but if he continues playing like this we may finally get to see the 1st overall player some ignorant fans have been bitching about for years.

I'd also like to get a glimpse of Holloway on a line with McLeod and Puljujarvi. I don't like to break up that third line because they've been playing very good but I think Holloway could bring more offense to that line while still holding their own defensively. It would be worth taking a look at IMO.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
My take on Dubas is he's a politician as much as a GM. You kind of have to be in that market, but still.

He knew Leaf media and fans would lap up acting "tough" to the Oilers with respect to the Hyman deal in the very public way he chose. When he throws a tantrum in the GM suite - he knows he's constantly on camera. To me his rant in the game against Dallas that is now a meme was totally contrived. He wanted the cameras to read his lips.

He's just a little worm.
The funny thing is, if Im not mistaken is MLSE could have signed Lou or Hunter but they went with Dubas. He is a great "analytics" guy. If I hear that word again, I think I will flip.
Looks good on them. It never gets old Toronto losing. I wonder if they still think McDavid wants to go there?

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

That was embarrassing. Screw Hyman over to feel cool I guess.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
not Oilers related but watching the Leafs lose never grows old. 2 goal lead last night, they lose. Should not have got a loser point ffs. Marner gives up goal, Tavares soft on another, Leafs soft, etc. I love this. I wonder if Toronto media will still report McDavid wants to play there? Good way to ruin your life. I gotta go check the comments. This shit is too much fun. I love this. Firrst the Jays choke, now the Leafs choke. I usually dont like Mondays but this is awesome. I'm going undercover into their board

Who gets fired first?
Not even 10 games into the season and that fan base wants to bring back Babcock lol. I think Keefe is as good as gone if they lose a few more in a row.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton

Who gets fired first?
I happened to catch the end of this game last night, what a treat. They should have lost in regulation too I think the refs botched another goalie interference call.

The biggest thing I've noticed in watching those guys is that right now, their big 4 are simply not game breakers in the same way that McDrai are. They can just turn it on and win us the game. You really realize how different McDavid is when you're watching the reigning Hart trophy winner look pretty invisible out there, meanwhile McDavid is winning games for us by himself over and over.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

People whined about Holland “not squeezing anyone” in order to maintain cordial relations with other GMs, but you have the opposite with Dubas where you’re basically signalling you don’t want to work with anyone. When things gets desperate, you’re more likely to overpay anyhow because no other GM wants to work with you.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad