Pre-Game Talk: BLEH!

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hopes for tonight:
- Soup shuts the door
- Any one of our 3M wingers has a multi point night

Oilers win this though regardless. Teams got a their mojo back.

Reactions: Sanchez

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Those starting times this year suck hard for me, lol. Too late to stay up and too early to get up. :scared:
I'm confident the boys keep it up, looking foward to a battling Campbell in net..

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Cause that is not exactly true...

He inherited a roster that includes two of the BEST players in the world coming fully into their prime... a team that was capable of being within an eyelash of making the conference finals in 2016-2017. It took Holland years to even come close to the success that Chiarelli accomplished and Chiarelli, as much as we all like to trash him, had a much much much worse roster to work with when he took over.

I am all for praising Holland for forming what appears to be a good team right now but lets not pretend he had it as rough as previous GMs did here, or that he made some kind of miraculous transformation.

That 2016-2017 team had a very fortunate season with Talbot in a career season. A lot went right for them. And the right after, Chia ditched a lot of talent right after wasting picks in his first season to get G Reinhardt

Unless I remember wrong, Chiarelli’s team made the playoffs once, he bled talent like crazy in an attempt to speed up a rebuild. Holland inherited few assets and while he had the two best players and some very good / great players (Nurse, Nuge etc), there were next to no assets and few young players bubbling up. Bouchard, McLeod, Yams and Pulju were question marks (still are, but getting there). No goalie, two or three D worth a damn and a few forwards. Not a lot to work with at all.

Now they have a full top 9 (couple of wingers playing above their spot), two above average NHL goalies (one of which may be elite) and a legitimate, if flawed, D corps. With plenty of players bubbling up. I don’t think what he’s done in the short time here should be undersold, IM

I’m not happy about the Kassian deal, AA deal (Covid made it worse), and Kulikov being misused (also on coaching), maybe one or two other minor things but this is the best GM they’ve had since Sather (f*** Lowe’s one out of body off-season, he also skewered the team and orchestrated the DoD)

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12 and Drivesaitl

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Emergency GDT here

With pole.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
It’s a nice change….. as long as we dominate
Let hope Nashville doesn't get up for this and slump bust.

Wouldn’t know, I ignored it long ago. I’m all for balanced opinions but that was absolutely cancerous
I ignored it too. Among other threads, along with a lot of posters who posted in that thread. It makes for a better reading experience. Although you get a lot of people quitting posts that say "includes content from ignored member"

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Let hope Nashville doesn't get up for this and slump bust.

I ignored it too. Among other threads, along with a lot of posters who posted in that thread. It makes for a better reading experience. Although you get a lot of people quitting posts that say "includes content from ignored member"
They usually play us tough unfortunately

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
soup-when-soup.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad