Somewhere on Uranus
tenor.gif

This about covers it

Reactions: MessierII

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
It's possible. But head coaching is more about strategy and overall knowledge of the game... its why Hitch was good. But Goalie Coach, that's like an individual personal coach type job. Like a goalie coach is supposed to help with things like being mentally tough to handle the pressures of being an NHL goalie, tough to sell that story when you've never been in the hot seat.

I guess we'll never know until we get an established #1 goalie for once

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I think the team is pretty much locked now.

Draisaitl - McDavid - Kassian
Nygard - RNH - Neal
Gagner - ???? - Chiasson
Khaira - Sheahan - Archibald
PRussell, Jurco

Haas vs Marody for the last center spot.

Defense is locked as well unless they feel like Benning has **** the bed enough.

Nurse - Larsson
Klefbom - Persson
Russell - Benning
Manning/Lagesson
If Benning keeps this up I'd say screw the righty/lefty and go with Lagesson - Russell on the 3rd pair.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Marody singing in the dressing room right now about all the hopefuls getting (deservedly) **** on tonight...

"You don't know me but you don't like me,
You say you care less how I feel
How many of you that sit and judge me
Ever walked the streets of Bakersfield"

Listened to that tune this weekend having a few with a few buddies. Buck Owens sang with Dwight. They were mentioning that Buck might be Dwight’s father. Is that true?

...and the song plays on as the cuts are made...

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Nobody won a job but a lot of players lost a shot at one. Ugly. Macleod looked OK, Jurco in 1st period looked good.

Neal is 3x the player Lucic is, even if he does not score.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
On the Baertschi back door goal from Horvat - yes, Benning made no attempt to block the lane but was it not Malone who should have picked up the trailer? I

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Granlund scored double digit goal rate the last three years in the NHL and he PKs. Pretty sure he is gonna be on the roster.

Think Marody - Jurco - P.Russell are in fact battling for the 13th forward role.

I also think Chiasson is gonna end up in that Nygard spot.

Drai McDavid Kassian
Chiasson RNH Neal
Nygard Granlund Gagner
Khaira Sheahan Archibald
Marody

Is what I think will happen. If Nygard does not cut it early on he will get pressboxed and Marody jumps up.
Granlund isn't a center. Anytime he has been put in that spot he has been abysmal, he is a winger or nothing and he is doing nothing to look any good.

Khaira is a lock cause Tippett pretty much said so

Reactions: Faelko

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I think the team is pretty much locked now.

Draisaitl - McDavid - Kassian
Nygard - RNH - Neal
Gagner - ???? - Chiasson
Khaira - Sheahan - Archibald
PRussell, Jurco

Haas vs Marody for the last center spot.

Defense is locked as well unless they feel like Benning has **** the bed enough.

Nurse - Larsson
Klefbom - Persson
Russell - Benning
Manning/Lagesson

Agreed except everyone always forgets about Granlund for some reason. Also Burdasov will have a shot. And Manning might beat out Benning.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Agreed except everyone always forgets about Granlund for some reason. Also Burdasov will have a shot. And Manning might beat out Benning.
People forget about Granlund because in both games he has played he has been absolutely useless. He is one of the bubble guys brought in for a job and he has made zero of his opportunities

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
People forget about Granlund because in both games he has played he has been absolutely useless. He is one of the bubble guys brought in for a job and he has made zero of his opportunities

While that's true, I'm not sure he was brought in as a bubble guy. He came in imo with the highest chance of making the team out of all of our new forwards except Neal. He'll get more chances.

Reactions: Faelko

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
On the Baertschi back door goal from Horvat - yes, Benning made no attempt to block the lane but was it not Malone who should have picked up the trailer? I

Yup. Also the puck goes right by Koskinen.

Defence is layers. Three layers should be enough. It wasn't.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
While that's true, I'm not sure he was brought in as a bubble guy. He came in imo with the highest chance of making the team out of all of our new forwards except Neal. He'll get more chances.
He definitely was a bubble guy. He has been in the second group since the beginning of camp. On the wings I don't see who he pushes down. Maybe he is kept as an extra skater but you can't push Russell or Jurco down right now based on their performances

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Benning thinks they did some good things tonight.

WHAT

He's not wrong maybe from his perspective...he definitely did some...things... If he meant to achieve a maximum Russell starfish, he certainly succeeded.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Saw the highlight pack. Came here to -- predictably -- see everyone blaming Koskinen. He was bad on two goals against, and the other two weren't his fault at all. The back-up let in enough goals by himself to lose the game anyway.

Maybe we can wait until the regulars are up to game speed to trade them all, and wait until Koskinen isn't backstopping an AHL line-up to send him packing.

That said, Keegan Lowe must never wear the Oil drop again. And Ethan Bear needs to be a regular this year. Please, Tippet...?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I dont understand why Schwartz gets such a bad rap...perhaps the goalies we have had here lately just havent been very good.
He's been here for almost 5 years. Why the hell does he get a pass?
Goalies seem to be better players before he gets his hands on them. Some rebound(Brossoit, Nilsson) but most fade away

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Or to give Oilers fans an opportunity to see much of the Condors roster.

I hope that Tippet isn’t using training camp as a way for fans to watch some AHL players...

The main purpose of this camp should be to get the NHL regulars used to Tippets system, see who fits in the #2 LW spot, who will be Klefbom and Russell’s partner as well as who will play in our bottom six. You can easily cut 10 players since they are nowhere close to NHL ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad