Blast from the past: Habs 8, Bruins 2 (Jan 22 2008)

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Well this was Komisarek greatest season. He was a stud in the crease and wouldnt let anyone give his goaltender trouble.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Lol Komisarek was never a "tough" player. Still amazed at how this guy was overhyped.

"The Next Habs Captain" :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

what

Never been much of a fan of his but saying toughness wasnt part of his already very limited skillset is false... Did you watched any game against Toronto or Boston between 2006 and 2009?

Even as a rookie in 2004 he delivered some memorable hits. I dont remember him losing any fight against players not named Milan Lucic too.

Seriously, explain.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Are you guys high, those teams were garbage. We barely beat the bruins that year, needed 7 games even though we were #1 seed I think. Then we got embarrassed by Flyers. Those teams were maybe fun and offensive but not built for playoffs, a big zero. The year after was complete disaster.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
what

Never been much of a fan of his but saying toughness wasnt part of his already very limited skillset is false... Did you watched any game against Toronto or Boston between 2006 and 2009?

Even as a rookie in 2004 he delivered some memorable hits. I dont remember him losing any fight against players not named Milan Lucic too.

Seriously, explain.

Boom. You got your explanation. He went after players like Dubinsky and even Jordan Staal. All he did was cheap shotting and talking **** to other players. He's a b****.

What a ****ing punk here.

Against Chimera. Such toughness Mike.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Are you guys high, those teams were garbage. We barely beat the bruins that year, needed 7 games even though we were #1 seed I think. Then we got embarrassed by Flyers. Those teams were maybe fun and offensive but not built for playoffs, a big zero. The year after was complete disaster.

If I remember correctly, we were having a pretty good start in 2008-2009. It was basically the team that finished 1st in the east the season before plus Tanguay and Lang. Then all the injuries happened and the whole season went to crap. It could have been an amazing year. I agree we underperformed in the 07-08 playoffs but overall this season brings a lot of good memories to me.

Hermamoud

Feb 21, 2008
If I remember correctly, we were having a pretty good start in 2008-2009. It was basically the team that finished 1st in the east the season before plus Tanguay and Lang. Then all the injuries happened and the whole season went to crap. It could have been an amazing year. I agree we underperformed in the 07-08 playoffs but overall this season brings a lot of good memories to me.

I remember the powerplay struggling a lot after losing Streit. The organization was hoping that they could replace him with either Tanguay or Plekanec manning the point but it was really not as effective until they acquired Schneider.

The Tanguay - Koivu - Kovalev line was all kinds of awesome tho. All the way until Gainey put Laraque on that line :(

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I remember the powerplay struggling a lot after losing Streit. The organization was hoping that they could replace him with either Tanguay or Plekanec manning the point but it was really not as effective until they acquired Schneider.

The Tanguay - Koivu - Kovalev line was all kinds of awesome tho. All the way until Gainey put Laraque on that line :(
The power play always struggled when we didn't have a shooter. But any time we got a shooter that Markov could feed the pp was golden. No matter who was there, Sourray, Streit, Schneider, Wisniewski, Bergeron...as long as they could rip it the power play was awsome.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal

Yeah you're absolutely right ! I do miss the time we were arguably the best PP team in the league :(.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Boom. You got your explanation. He went after players like Dubinsky and even Jordan Staal. All he did was cheap shotting and talking **** to other players. He's a b****.

The guy also fought Lucic multiple times, Asham, Rupp, JFJ, Brashear, Godard...I mean yeah he probably lost most of those but trying to paint him now as a guy who only went after non-fighters is just straight up revisionist history. He dropped the gloves against his share of heavies.

The problem was never with Komisarek's toughness (or lack thereof), it was with Montreal fans who saw a hard-hitting stay-at-home defenseman and thought we had the second coming of Scott Stevens on our hands and started to believe he was invincible. He was a middle-weight at best. Maybe Komisarek even started believing his own hype and that's why he's not in the league anymore, who knows.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

How many teams have gone on to win the cup after winning the first round in 7 games? That point in irrelevant.

The team traded huet at the deadline of that season, and the habs hopes were resting on a 20 year old Carey price.

Biron played very well for Philly, and basically outdualed Carey price who began to fight the puck against Philly.

I don't care who you are, if your goalie begins to struggle, you are not winning a playoff series.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
The Dubinsky fight was during the "comeback of the century". Sort of woke of the team...

Was about to post this. Sure he went after a smaller payer but I bet he would have taken any player on the Rangers that year. He dropped with Prust once. He did something to wake the team up and it worked.

I really am sorry Komsiarek accidentely crushed your cat / ruined your 15th birthday party / whatever and it's ok you dislike him, but your argument about his toughness is invalid.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I dont care what anyone says I still miss Kovy ... Wish we had him right now with some of these young guys.

I miss him a lot these days when I see our PP go to work.

Among all the other things he would do, he was one guy who could connect with that Markov cross ice one timer. Pacioretty can do that too, but it seems like he isn't in that position enough.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
I miss him a lot these days when I see our PP go to work.

Among all the other things he would do, he was one guy who could connect with that Markov cross ice one timer. Pacioretty can do that too, but it seems like desharnais is in that area more often than not.

He was very exciting to watch even during games people would say he took the night off... His hands were just so unreal and I dont know many players who could deke out an entire team twice and score

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013

What a ****ing punk here.

Against Chimera. Such toughness Mike.

Theres plenty of tough guys who go after smaller guys, doesnt prove your point, komi was dishing some really hard hits all the time, you act like toughness is only about fighting, he was also really mean in 1 on 1 battles, crosschecks and all that stuff.

Kingbobert

Jul 15, 2005
Montreal
theres also a 8-1 beating against the ruins where kostopoulos had a goal and 2 fights was kicked out of the game and was named the first star and came out with just skates and shorts

good times....i had gotten a 10 pack that year that somehow included 3 boston games....good times

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad