Confirmed with Link: Blashill Gone!

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I'd rather worry about not losing the good young players we have due to perpetual losing, then losing out on a chance maybe to possibly draft Bedard
How are we going to lose the young players we have? They are locked into contract. One more losing year for a generational talent is worth it..

Reactions: odin1981

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
How are we going to lose the young players we have? They are locked into contract. One more losing year for a generational talent is worth it..
Are you telling me it would have been better to resign Jeff blashill just so we could purposely lose?

Cmon dude, that’s how you end up like Edmonton who can’t win even with mcdavid

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
We may yet.
If Stevie doesn't get a #2C and #1G and #1LD, we're a bottom 10 team.

New coach or not, add a key injury or two to a bottom 10 team, and you're in the hunt for #1 overall.
I think we get our center this Offseason. Ned he is going with as our #1 unless someone becomes available but more tham likely a Hellberg backup role. #1 LD is going to be Edvinnson as it is but we have the cap space to throw an offer out. Yzerman came in and watched the first year and loaded up on picks, got rid of guys he wasn't happy with, overturned everything. Last remaining pieces were the coaches. Now going into next year Yzerman can call the Wings his team from top to bottom. Gonna be a fun offseason for sure.

Reactions: Run the Jewels

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Welcome news. I want / wanted a shot at the next draft so I coulda went either way. But change is good.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
giphy.gif

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I think we get our center this Offseason. Ned he is going with as our #1 unless someone becomes available but more tham likely a Hellberg backup role. #1 LD is going to be Edvinnson as it is but we have the cap space to throw an offer out. Yzerman came in and watched the first year and loaded up on picks, got rid of guys he wasn't happy with, overturned everything. Last remaining pieces were the coaches. Now going into next year Yzerman can call the Wings his team from top to bottom. Gonna be a fun offseason for sure.

If Edvinsson is your 1LD and Ned is your 1G, you're not a playoff team.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Not necessarily, if you are going to fire your coach after the season you usually do it the day after it ends. Happens in all sports...

Yeah, I guess.
I'd like to get Lambert right now.

Agreed, Just wishful thinking.

I'd love Larionov as some kind of consultant.
I'd love to bring in Datsyuk during rookie tournaments to work with the kids.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Sign Trocheck, sign Klingberg, bring up Berggren, bring over Edvinsson, Wallinder, and Albert Johansson. Play Wallinder in GR for a year. Pray you win the lottery or trade 8OA for another under-30 center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad