<Blank> makes you mad at the gym (or working out at home)

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
My newest pet peeve is when people take 3+ minutes between sets while not lifting heavy by any means. Why are you even at the gym if you’re only going to do a set like every 5 minutes and talk/text during it?
I haven't worked out in a gym for several years (I built a home gym... much more convenient). However, when I did work out at a gym it was commonplace and expected that people "worked in" with others who had the weights or machine they wanted. One person would do a set, then the other person would do a set and so on. That person also ended up spotting you if necessary.

My question to those who complain about circuit trainers and people hogging equipment is... whatever happened to working in between sets? Or is that even a thing anymore?

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I haven't worked out in a gym for several years (I built a home gym... much more convenient). However, when I did work out at a gym it was commonplace and expected that people "worked in" with others who had the weights or machine they wanted. One person would do a set, then the other person would do a set and so on. That person also ended up spotting you if necessary.

My question to those who complain about circuit trainers and people hogging equipment is... whatever happened to working in between sets? Or is that even a thing anymore?

I’ll do this sometimes but if it’s already 2 of them it doesn’t really make sense. Although with how long they were taking, me being in there too would’ve been fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad