Prospect Info: Blake Speers -RW- (67th Overall 2015)

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Wait is that image saying speeers was the 4th highest PPG draft eligible in the OHL?

That's awesome value

4th highest for 17 year olds, which basically is draft eligible except for guys re-entering. So yea, really nice value with that pick.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I wanted Dergachyov but I can't complain about this pick.

Not like I really knew much about Dergachyov other than reading about him and youtube videos.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Is it possible to even play devil's advocate and not like this pick?

I don't think so, really very little not to like.

This is the pick that can save the horrible decision to give up #36 and the even more horrible decision to take a goalie.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Great value, this pick is awesome. Anyone know what his skating ability is like. I consider that to be the most important asset an undersized, skilled played can have.

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Not sure what's so bad about trading the 36th pick for a guy like Palmieri. If the 36th pick ended up being as good as Palmieri that would be considered a success.

But yeah this pick is awesome.

They gave up 41 for Palmieri. They gave up 36 to drop back and ultimately take a freaking goalie.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Like this kid. Like his attitude. He wants to get here as soon as he can.

Also he put on 20 pounds last year? Jesus.

20 pounds in a year? That's nothing! I put on 30 in a month going into my junior year of high school. High school football lol :laugh:
I also lost 50 in 6 months after I graduated

But I do like his attitude a lot. He handles the media well and just wants to work his hardest to succeed. I think this kid is going to be a solid player moving forward. Love the pick.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Really really like this pick, great value in the 3rd round. Reminds me a bit of when Vancouver drafted Cole Cassels, but Cassels' draft year wasn't nearly as good. A 2-wayish forward who had to play more of a depth role, and had a serious break-out the following two years with an increased role. Speers could be primed for a huge breakout next season.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Really really like this pick, great value in the 3rd round. Reminds me a bit of when Vancouver drafted Cole Cassels, but Cassels' draft year wasn't nearly as good. A 2-wayish forward who had to play more of a depth role, and had a serious break-out the following two years with an increased role. Speers could be primed for a huge breakout next season.

I feel like your last sentence could be said for every single player we drafted this year. When you consider their individual situations. As well as the guy we traded for.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
20 pounds in a year? That's nothing! I put on 30 in a month going into my junior year of high school. High school football lol :laugh:
I also lost 50 in 6 months after I graduated

But I do like his attitude a lot. He handles the media well and just wants to work his hardest to succeed. I think this kid is going to be a solid player moving forward. Love the pick.

I shed 35 lbs in 5 years.
Feel a ton better now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad