Prospect Info: Blake Speers -RW- (67th Overall 2015)

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Like the pick. From what I've read, Speers sounds as if he has high offensive upside and good skating with the main knocks on him being his lack of size and physicality. A lot of the skills he has probably can't be taught, but he can bulk up with trips to the weight room. Hope he pans out because down the line the Devils could use a player in this mold.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Saw this image highlighting Salituro who went undrafted, and then noticed who was right above him in that list.

CIhkiNoWUAQVIY4.png:large

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The fact those three are so far above everyone else show you why they went 1-3-4 in the draft :laugh:

The Palmeri comp is hilarious, honestly I don't think this pick's getting enough attention though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The fact those three are so far above everyone else show you why they went 1-3-4 in the draft :laugh:

The Palmeri comp is hilarious, honestly I don't think this pick's getting enough attention though.

It is hilarious, and I agree. I really think this is potentially a great pick for us. This kid has wheels and great hands. He scored over a PPG pace last year. What's not to love here?

His only knock seems to be a lack of physicality and that isn't a big deal in my eyes. He really isn't that small at all.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
It is hilarious, and I agree. I really think this is potentially a great pick for us. This kid has wheels and great hands. He scored over a PPG pace last year. What's not to love here?

His only knock seems to be a lack of physicality and that isn't a big deal in my eyes. He really isn't that small at all.

Yeah, I really don't care that he's not that physical. Everything else about him seems really promising. Excited by this pick. I think he could be a gem for us.

seabass11

Dec 12, 2010
I've seen him play lots for the hounds. When he's on, he's really good. Good hands, excellent passer with finish...just a lot of times he becomes invisible on the ice and floats.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Wait is that image saying speeers was the 4th highest PPG draft eligible in the OHL?

That's awesome value

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I've seen him play lots for the hounds. When he's on, he's really good. Good hands, excellent passer with finish...just a lot of times he becomes invisible on the ice and floats.

Thank you for the insight from someone who sees him a lot. Hopefully he learns to float less and be on his game more. :nod:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Wait is that image saying speeers was the 4th highest PPG draft eligible in the OHL?

That's awesome value

Yes, indeed it is. Very exciting. Pity the Speers pick isn't getting more love here with all the hate Blackwood is getting, because I really think that Speers could be a very good player for us down the road.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
the Speers pick is very exciting. seems like a very solid pick with a 3rd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad