Rumor: Blackhawks working on Keith trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You would rather get nothing for him?

Jones is almost certainly useless. Mid round picks worth almost nothing.

Now they're probably gonna protect Jones wheras if Keith waived his NMC they could have protected somebody else and wouldn't have lost another player.

Now, they're trading Keith to Edmonton for almost nothing and will still lose a player to Seattle.

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
You would rather get nothing for him?
It's not nothing, its also retaining Kampf/Gaudette, CdH, or Stillman instead of them getting picked by Seattle. Still though, I prefer Jones + a 3rd over any of them. Plus, regardless of whether you like it or not, acquiring Caleb has to be part of the bigger picture to acquire Seth.

Reactions: Hinterland

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Now they're probably gonna protect Jones wheras if Keith waived his NMC they could have protected somebody else and wouldn't have lost another player.

Now, they're trading Keith to Edmonton for almost nothing and will still lose a player to Seattle.
They aren't protecting Jones, and he isn't getting picked. Someone was getting picked from us, regardless. Imagine finding any thing negative about this trade other than Keith not being a Blackhawk anymore?

Reactions: Fortyfives

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020

Bowman will make 3rd rounder count

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
you have to think its very hard for the oilers to attract free agents. hes the perfect pickup for edmonton in my opinion i dont even understand why the fans hate it so much. nobody wants to be in edmonton get a good player who does.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It's not nothing, its also retaining Kampf/Gaudette, CdH, or Stillman instead of them getting picked by Seattle. Still though, I prefer Jones + a 3rd over any of them. Plus, regardless of whether you like it or not, acquiring Caleb has to be part of the bigger picture to acquire Seth.

If some reason Seattle wanted CDH that would be a joyous occasion

Not a single name you listed is a loss for Hawks

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
you have to think its very hard for the oilers to attract free agents. hes the perfect pickup for edmonton in my opinion i dont even understand why the fans hate it so much. nobody wants to be in edmonton get a good player who does.
I think they would be ok if he came at 2.75 vs. 5.5. They want to improve their team in other areas, and now they are limited since a lot of cap space is gone. But I'm with you, I think he'll do more bad than good, and no one is going to EDM anyway.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I think they would be ok if he came at 2.75 vs. 5.5. They want to improve their team in other areas, and now they are limited since a lot of cap space is gone. But I'm with you, I think he'll do more bad than good, and no one is going to EDM anyway.

they can always pay to create space if someone is willing to go there.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
No way that Bowman isn't going after Seth Jones. I'm ok with it, provided we don't give up too much. I think the smart play here is to just wait it out and sign him next offseason. Of course, if Columbus' ask is reasonable, I'd expect Bowman to trade for him (with an extension being mandatory).

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
No way that Bowman isn't going after Seth Jones. I'm ok with it, provided we don't give up too much. I think the smart play here is to just wait it out and sign him next offseason. Of course, if Columbus' ask is reasonable, I'd expect Bowman to trade for him (with an extension being mandatory).
fwiw

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

They're not gonna pick Gaudette. And to lose any of the other players, I'd have wanted at least a 2nd plus a more hopeful prospect like McLeod or Benson.

This return isn't nearly good enough to not send Keith to Seattle via expansion. Bad asset management in my view.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site

What's the problem? Just expose Jones and hope that Seattle takes him. Why would the Hawks protect Jones?

I get the return is a big "meh", but this was about doing DK a solid, and thankfully they didn't have to take a bad contract back or retain salary.

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
3rd round pick > Nothing
5.5 million in cap room is so much more than nothing, especially now.

Chicago is lucky to get anything for him especially since he wanted out and would only go to a few teams. Amazing trade for Chicago.

3rd rounder could be great especially this year as so many unknowns due to COVID some really good players could slide to later rounds.

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad