Rumor: Blackhawks working on Keith trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
The Edmonton Oilers pursuit of Duncan Keith comes down to the wire: 9 Things | Edmonton Journal

There's a bit on the possible trade. Its point #2. Also interesting that people who saw a lot of Hawk games but aren't associated with the Hawks are sharply critical of Collitons' defensive structure.

This is an interesting look at the situation. The last point about seeing The Eagles definitely puts things in perspective. Keith isn't the Keith of old, but he "sings like it" and that might be enough to get the Oilers on the right path.

I wonder if this might work. I think we (Hawks fans) are undervaluing Lavoie so I went for McLeod

:hawks
Koskinen
McLeod

:edmonton

Duncan Keith at 25% (1/2 retained CHI, 1/2 retained Seattl)

:seattle
Dylan Strome + agreement to take Calvin DeHaan in the expansion draft.

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
This is an interesting look at the situation. The last point about seeing The Eagles definitely puts things in perspective. Keith isn't the Keith of old, but he "sings like it" and that might be enough to get the Oilers on the right path.

I wonder if this might work. I think we (Hawks fans) are undervaluing Lavoie so I went for McLeod

Koskinen
McLeod

I think Strome might end up in Seattle via trade if they're really confident about Toews returning to form.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
problem with hawks is the roster sucks...admittedly I thought maybe Q wasnt adapting to new nhl and needed a change to JC after his success in Rockford...reality is Q went to Florida and did fine with a much better roster...Bowman's roster is the problem and its been that way since 2018, JC doesnt have the roster to really compete atm, put Q back behind the bench and they still miss the playoffs, its up to bowman to get his coach a decent roster which he hasnt done for 4 years now

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
problem with hawks is the roster sucks...admittedly I thought maybe Q wasnt adapting to new nhl and needed a change to JC after his success in Rockford...reality is Q went to Florida and did fine with a much better roster...Bowman's roster is the problem and its been that way since 2018, JC doesnt have the roster to really compete atm, put Q back behind the bench and they still miss the playoffs, its up to bowman to get his coach a decent roster which he hasnt done for 4 years now

Q's last season, CHI was a 16th in the league in 5on5 xGF% at 50%. The past two seasons, the Hawks have were 5th last and last at 46% and 43%. Granted, this past season with basically no centre depth plays a role in that but at the end of the day, CHI has gotten worse in 5on5 xGF% in each of JC's three seasons.

The roster isn't good. Especially this year without Toews and Dach. But there is no evidence that the coaching staff isn't a significant reason why they're bad.

Reactions: CanadianHawks

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
See I disagree here about the forwards. The forwards are more than fine with a healthy Toews/Dach. The issue with the Hawks are the D being really young and lack of anyone who is 1st pairing quality(yet) I think Boqvist is on his way to being a #2 but they still have to find that #1 and it might be a couple years before he gets there.

If you want to argue that too many forwards suck ond D that's a valid criticism. At least offensively they're good. Then that's a reason to do something like trading DeBrincat for Matt Tkachuk.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Koskinen
McLeod

That is atrocious for Seattle

Reactions: Pertti

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
It is completely pointless bribing Seattle to take the final year of DeHaan just let him expire and get rid of him that way we don’t need the space that urgently when we already have 10 million in space as is

Reactions: Fortyfives

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It is completely pointless bribing Seattle to take the final year of DeHaan just let him expire and get rid of him that way we don’t need the space that urgently when we already have 10 million in space as is

thought De Haan had two years left on his deal but you're right he's a ufa after the season, in that case definitely no reason to do anything drastic to get his contract off the books, if someone wants it for a reasonable price and Stan wants to spend the money elsewhere then fine but just let it expire at this point...

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You do realize Chicago has no cap need to trade Keith, right?

We take on the worse contract, get an uninspiring defenseman, and somehow Chicago retains on Keith? Where do I sign up! :sarcasm:
Exactly. If Oilers or any other team wants to steal him they can forget it. Keith has a lot to contribute to the youth on our blue line and his game has not digressed to the point some people seem to think. Let's not have another case of disrespect that we saw so often with Seabrook.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Exactly. If Oilers or any other team wants to steal him they can forget it. Keith has a lot to contribute to the youth on our blue line and his game has not digressed to the point some people seem to think. Let's not have another case of disrespect that we saw so often with Seabrook.

Yeah and it’s not like we need to move Keith because he’s blocking a younger guy from getting a shot. These proposals from visitors are brutal.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah and it’s not like we need to move Keith because he’s blocking a younger guy from getting a shot. These proposals from visitors are brutal.

I mean... do you expect anything less from Oilers fans?

The Hawks should get worse on D, by trading for a mediocre prospect, take on a shitty contract, AND retain money. Lmao. Gtfo of here with that stupid shit.

Reactions: Hattrick Kane

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
It's gonna be Keith for Jones and pick.
Then Holland will get roasting by Edmonton fans!
Chicago loses a legend in Keith but gets to continue to rebuild the back end with new talent

Top Pairing
Martinez/Savard/Cole/Nemeth/McCabe - Hamilton/Jones

Boqvist-Murhpy-Stillman-Jones-deHann

Reactions: d rake

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
It really bums me out that we are going to see him in a different jersey.

But what bums me out even more than that is that he’s not even going to be on a good team and chasing a Cup. :(

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad