Rumor: Blackhawks working on Keith trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

That's fine for no retention or taking cap back. I'd imagine the Hawks are going to trade for Seth Jones and I'm scared about the package they're going to send to Columbus.

Reactions: pvr

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
As a Penguins fan the deal is fair, but it has to suck to see a legend move to another team.

I get the extra circumstances of this one regarding Keith's son though.
It hurts a lot less knowing it’s due to family and not a bad reason he is leaving. When you’re divorced can barely see your kids it has to hurt to be constantly missing out on them growing up.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
if its no retention bowman did good under the circumstances. If there is retention so be it. they are definitely gunna make a push for Seth now.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If salary is retained beyond 500k this sucks

If no salary is retained this blows but at least they did Keith a solid and we can move on

I am not a fan of Jones though

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Absolute legend.

Hopefully Jones can be a decent #6 or #7 defenseman and maybe we get lucky on that 3rd.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Keith in his prime was a pleasure to watch. His performance in the 2015 playoffs is one of the best stretches of defensive dominance I've ever seen. It became frustrating when he began firing 95% of the pointshots he was taking in to the opposing team's shinpads but when it came to his compete level there are few that compete(d) as hard as Duncs did.

I think he'll be good with Edmonton if they don't plan on trotting him out there for 25 minutes a game like the Hawks were doing at the end of his tenure but only time will tell. You might see him racking up secondary assists just from giving the puck to McDavid and/or Draisaityl and watching them go to work.

But f*** does it ever suck to see him go.

Another legend from years past gone. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad