Waived: Blackhawks Waive LW Jiri Sekac

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hopefully nobody picks him up.

Could still be useful as a cheap depth piece next year.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Nothing about his game is NHL quality outside of his skating

A very poor man's Viktor Stalberg

Will go back to Europe most likely in offseason as he just isn't talented enough for NHL

FinnFan8

Expert Thread-Killer
Dec 7, 2015
SF, CA
Huh. Looked better than Panik, at least last night. He might be back on the roster for the playoffs.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I'm so annoyed. I'm pretty sure Q just really liked Garbutt so he irrationally hated Cakes.
He looked really good last night.
Panik was nowhere to be found. Sekac was all over the ice.

Come on now. I understand we need cap room. But we have Panik and Mash who are worse players

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Mash is fine as a cheap #13

And now people are going to argue that Q liked Garbutt and took it out on Sekac? The same Garbutt who he healthy scratched?

Here is reality ,,,,,, Garbutt wasn't good on Hawks or fit for team and Sekac once again failed with yet another organization

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Thought he played pretty well last night. He never really got a fair shake IMO.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Mash is fine as a cheap #13

And now people are going to argue that Q liked Garbutt and took it out on Sekac? The same Garbutt who he healthy scratched?

Here is reality ,,,,,, Garbutt wasn't good on Hawks or fit for team and Sekac once again failed with yet another organization

You like Mash but not Sekac?

Garbutt was good on the Hawks and was a fit but was moved for cap reason.

You don't know what reality is when it comes to the NHL and this is further proof.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Huh. Looked better than Panik, at least last night. He might be back on the roster for the playoffs.

Better than Panik in that spot that's not much of an open case spot anymore, but Panik I think has & showed much better boardplay & bottom 6 fill play.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Mash is dirt cheap , Does nothing to hurt 4th line and puts in an honest effort nightly despite his lack of talent

Yes I do prefer Mash who also occasionally shows he can make a play or two over both Garbutt and Sekac

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Mash is dirt cheap , Does nothing to hurt 4th line and puts in an honest effort nightly despite his lack of talent

Yes I do prefer Mash who also occasionally shows he can make a play or two over both Garbutt and Sekac

Garbutt had 3-4 times the opportunities created compared to Mash, so again you are wrong and living in you fantasy land where your whipping boys are bad. Sekac is a much more functional player because he can skate well and plays just as hard. FYI they are both cheap.

999 times out of 1000 you take Garbutt over Mash.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
I don't think it matters, with hossa, theres 13 forwards, but that isn't counting a bottom 6 acquisition which will likely happen today or tomorrow. So panik becomes 13, then in 2 months, send him down when kruger returns.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Better than Panik in that spot that's not much of an open case spot anymore, but Panik I think has & showed much better boardplay & bottom 6 fill play.

Agreed, Sekac is a little better than Panik offensively, but I think Panik has a step up defensively on Sekac.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mashinter is unquestionably the worst of those 3 players.

Sekac never really got a fair shot. I don't know if it was because Q loved Garbutt, or because Q disliked Sekac's choice of toothpaste brands. Could be anything.

It's asinine to not actually explore your options by giving the kid a legit chance to show what he can do. Even more asinine when you consider he's looked very good in both outings he's been allowed.

Q gonna Q.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
He'll ...he looked better than Hossa did as RW to Toews ...God possession time in o-zone
...some dangerous attacks on net for the line
..Q mystery.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mashinter is unquestionably the worst of those 3 players.

Sekac never really got a fair shot. I don't know if it was because Q loved Garbutt, or because Q disliked Sekac's choice of toothpaste brands. Could be anything.

It's asinine to not actually explore your options by giving the kid a legit chance to show what he can do. Even more asinine when you consider he's looked very good in both outings he's been allowed.

Q gonna Q.
Very good? Please.
he didn't look very good last night.
Had one good pass that lead to a goal, and basically did nothing else. Made a few plays that made me question his IQ.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
There's a reason every team has given up on Sekac

(hint: he sucks)

Never understand the obsession with fourth liners on here at times. They're all interchangeable. Even Bollig being a total plug never really cost us anything. Its when they start playing on the 2nd line (Zeus!) where it gets bad.

$200K in cap to get a real NHL'er is worth far more than playing Sekac 8 minutes per game

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford

Did you not watch last nights game?
That is the only thing I can assume from this.

Or you are Rundblad-ing him.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
There's a reason every team has given up on Sekac

(hint: he sucks)

Never understand the obsession with fourth liners on here at times. They're all interchangeable. Even Bollig being a total plug never really cost us anything. Its when they start playing on the 2nd line (Zeus!) where it gets bad.

$200K in cap to get a real NHL'er is worth far more than playing Sekac 8 minutes per game

This is nonsense.

Bollig absolutely cost us, because int he WCF, playing a team that was running 4 lines, the Blackhawks were running 3 while Bollig, Handzus and Versteeg were stapled to the bench because they were - as everybody not named Joel Quenneville clearly saw during the regular season - completely useless.

Yes, Handzus was the worst example by virtue of his place in the lineup, but the notion that playing a weaker lineup at the fringes of the core is irrelevant is utter garbage. It's a parity league. Every position matters. Every 1% difference in lineup strength matters. Opting to play less talented players or refusing to even explore the possibilities of every player on your roster is straight up negligence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad