GDT: Blackhawks vs Jets March 18 7:00 CT [Mod: No tank talk]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Andrew-Copp-at-practice-300x200.jpg

Audio: Byfuglien and Wheeler (on Ladd's return). Petan (on getting the call back up). Dano (facing his former team).

To listen click here.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-pre-Preds-300x179.png

Topics: Injury updates (Armia, Ehlers, Stuart). Sense of the players when they get ready to face former captain. On what Hutchinson was dealing with. What is he looking for from Nic Petan? Trying to limit the doubt in Petan’s game.

To listen click here.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Evander Kane wants to fight Ladd and Buff wants to run him and shoot pucks at him. Actually I fully expect Ladd to be rather foul tonight. He may be starting to feel some pressure in Chi-city

Derfel*

Evander Kane wants to fight Ladd and Buff wants to run him and shoot pucks at him. Actually I fully expect Ladd to be rather foul tonight. He may be starting to feel some pressure in Chi-city

Why would he be "feeling pressure" in Chicago? He has 2 goals and 2 assists in 8 games. That's not bad production for his role.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Too be fair, Copp has improved since the beginning of the year and Halischuk is not Thorburn.

Where? Guy should have started the season in the AHL and the Jets should have let him play himself onto the NHL roster. Guy was given an NHL roster spot without earning it because TNSE was too cheap to bring in anyone else. Don't know how anyone can argue differently!

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Where? Guy should have started the season in the AHL and the Jets should have let him play himself onto the NHL roster. Guy was given an NHL roster spot without earning it because TNSE was too cheap to bring in anyone else. Don't know how anyone can argue differently!

Cmon, sip, I think part of it was wanting to go with youth for building up their experience. Sure, it could have worked out better signing a few more vets but I doubt it was ALL $$$ related (although I'm sure that played into it).

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Andrew-Ladd-300x183.jpg

It was odd seeing the former Jets captain in front of the Hawks backdrop wearing a Chicago hat but there he was following his new team’s skate at the MTS Centre this morning. Following skate he was met with a considerable media presence and spoke about returning to the city and facing his former teammates.

To listen click here.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Why would he be "feeling pressure" in Chicago? He has 2 goals and 2 assists in 8 games. That's not bad production for his role.

For one the best 1st line left wingers in hockey .... doesn't look at that good to me.

Looking forward to couple power plays and a free pizza or 2 from old #16 :laugh:

Derfel*

For one the best 1st line left wingers in hockey .... doesn't look at that good to me.

Looking forward to couple power plays and a free pizza or 2 from old #16 :laugh:

Still not bad for a "new" player to a team getting 16 minutes of ice time?

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Hey, Chevy is on my flight home from Toronto!

Commuting is a process.

Actually, short-haul flying seems like an eminently Chevy-ish pastime: get in a queue, sit around for a while, get in another sort of queue, sit around a little more, then board a plane, sit around a while longer and get off said plane, etc etc. No pressure, no commitments. Just solid back-and-forth.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Kind of sad my parents hockey party got called for tonight. Really great group of parents but I was looking forward to going to this game live.

Derfel*

.5 PPG

Not too bad imo.

Yes - but this is HFJets, where anything Ladd does has to be multiplied by 0.25. :shakehead

"He's always been lazy and does nothing for the team!" ... except he's the top point getter, 2014-15 season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad