GDT: Blackhawks vs Canucks - 7:30 CT NBCSCH - Boq and Dachs Excellent Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Is scratching guys the only way JC knows how to get his message across though?
it's pretty much the universal way to get a players attention..coaches league wide scratch player - if Torts ISN'T scratching someone, better check his pulse...coaches that DEMAND more and back it up by scratching players gets everyone's attention immediately. I am not defending putting Smith in, that is just f***ing stupid..but scratching Kubalik is fine for me as he hasn't looked good the past 3-4 games..but nor has anyone else really either lol...

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Colliton trying to show he can be tough guy. Can do it to young guys while still not able to do much with vets. Good hire Stan, pretty much all that is left to watch with this garbage is the young guys. Smith ffs.....

This move is more like what Q would do, I thought that’s why Bowman brought in a young genius.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
You think he's fired between now and tomorrow? I highly doubt that, honestly. I'd say you have a .01% chance of being right.
plus JC and Stan are on the same page - they seem to talk or agree on more things than Stan and Q did...if Kubalik is getting scratched and Smith slotting in, Bowman is in at least some agreement with it...and like others have said trying to get someone to take Smith seems a logical reason as well..I don't like seeing Smith again, so I disagree putting him in period.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You think he's fired between now and tomorrow? I highly doubt that, honestly. I'd say you have a .01% chance of being right.

giphy.gif

I actually think it will be Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
plus JC and Stan are on the same page - they seem to talk or agree on more things than Stan and Q did...if Kubalik is getting scratched and Smith slotting in, Bowman is in at least some agreement with it...and like others have said trying to get someone to take Smith seems a logical reason as well..I don't like seeing Smith again, so I disagree putting him in period.

There is zero chance Bowman built this team thinking dump and chase. Zero.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
You gotta play your 13th forward and 7th D every now and then.

Few things: They're trying to motivate Kubalik and that is fine.

If they do want to get Smith in who would you rather scratch? Caggiula? Kampf? Carpenter? Dach?

The Hawks have been on an intense schedule lately, maybe the pace is an adjustment from someone coming from a European league.

I'm not saying it's the right decision but it's not blatantly insane.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Don't be that guy. Please.

:huh:

I'm not being any guy. You actually are. My GIF was a joke, btw.

The idea that you think JC should be fired after one game changed your mind, and actually think he won't make it past Friday(which is tomorrow :laugh:)and said "I'm willing to bet on it." is kind of a dumb thing to say. I mean... you ragged on KBS for flip-flopping stances like crazy. This is really no different to me.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

The idea that you think JC should be fired after one game changed your mind, and actually think he won't make it past Friday(which is tomorrow :laugh:)and said "I'm willing to bet on it." is kind of a dumb thing to say. I mean... you ragged on KBS for flip-flopping stances like crazy. This is really no different to me.

My response was a joke.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I haven't read the articles, but aren't you just speculating the Colliton is employing a dump and chase system? Has Colliton come out and said it anywhere?
Blackhawks’ bad dump-and-chase habit is killing their offense

Last season, the Hawks were at the forefront of a movement toward transition offense, leading the NHL in percentage of entry attempts that were carry-ins. But this season, with Jeremy Colliton’s emphasizing a conservative, defense-first system, the Hawks have shifted more toward dump-ins because they limit opponent counterattacks.
But there’s one problem: They don’t work very well. They especially don’t work well against the Sharks.
Through the first two periods, the Hawks attempted the 31 dump-ins with a 23 percent success rate. They had a 70 percent success rate on carry-ins but attempted only 10.
The Sharks, meanwhile, operated with comparable success rates on their methods of entry — 84 percent on carry-ins, 28 percent on dump-ins — but attempted 25 carry-ins and only 18 dump-ins.

Reactions: BK

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
My response was a joke.

Didn't come off that way.

"Don't be that guy. Please."

Doesn't read like a joke. I'm not sure what "guy" you mean, honestly. I was goofing around because you said you'd be willing to bet that he doesn't make it past tomorrow. I was even gonna suggest a HF money bet for fun. Guess I won't.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I am the furthest thing from a flip-flopper. My move to this stance has been shift the past week.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
the problem with dump and chase is when you don't have the guys to chase...the problem with carrying the puck is you need players capable of doing that..our transition game is simply brutal right now and from what I have been watching, dumping the puck is the best way for us to gain zone entry as outside of Kane and now Boqvist - I don't have much faith in anyone else getting the puck in...maybe Nylander and Dach can grow more into that, but for now with guys like Shaw, Caggiula, Saad, Toews, Carps, etc this team should be coming out of those corners with the damn puck more often than not.

Reactions: Muffinalt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad