Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks Sign Tanner Kero (forward, Michigan Tech)

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
70.79M roster of:
Saad Toews Hossa
Teravainen Vermette Kane
Shaw Danault McNeill
Nordstrom Kruger Hartman

Keith Seabrook
Hjalmarsson Oduya
Van Riemsdyk Johns

That's with 2M to Kruger, 5M to Saad, 3M to Oduya and 4.5M to Vermette. Probably unrealistic to bring 0 money back in Versteeg, Sharp, Bickell deals but nice to think about.

Presumably you've also included two goalies, but are depth players built into the total? I only see 18 skaters, while the normal NHL roster of 23 players includes 21 skaters (3 spots for DNP-CD, often for short-term injuries where the player isn't put on the IRL) and 2 goalies.

Thx.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Presumably you've also included two goalies, but are depth players built into the total? I only see 18 skaters, while the normal NHL roster of 23 players includes 21 skaters (3 spots for DNP-CD, often for short-term injuries where the player isn't put on the IRL) and 2 goalies.

Thx.
Goalies are included and I don't have my sheets in front of me but I think it includes one depth D and one depth forward but is have to check.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Changing of the guard

Established deep NHL teams like the Hawks will be difficult to maintain from now on. That's why Stan went slightly over the top to get Vermette and Timonen. This is the last team of it's kind. Sharp, Bickell, Vermette, Oduya, Roszival and maybe Versteeg will gone next year. I think we'll see a bit more abrasiveness scattered throughout the lineup which is good, but the youth movement will be quite interesting and a challenge to the veteran leadership to manage. Let's hope this is a long deep run into the playoffs!

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I guess we're going to hear this every time a prospect signs.:help: as we all know that this org can do no wrong.

Hey, you can say it's because of Q everytime a young player walks from the Hawks, and we'll see who has more when Q's tenure is done here.

Can do 'no' wrong? Not realistic, no organization does everything right. Pretty damn close to it? Most definitely.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I think Vermette's performance in Chicago has really cut into his earning potential this offseason, but that could change in a big way in the playoffs.

I think alot of teams would have looked at Vermette like I did and said... "well he's the leading scorer on a terrible offensive team so maybe there is some potential for him to be a great defensive C AND be a 50pt scorer."

But his stint with the Hawks could be taking some of that optimism away. If he comes down into the Hawks price range (4-4.5M) I'd consider it.

Heck sign me up for [email protected] +Oduya@3 -Bickell -Sharp -Versteeg, I'd have to run my numbers through my spreadsheet but I'm pretty sure that works.

Why do you want the Hawks to be team that bites bullet and gives Vermette awful deal?

15 games and he has 3 assists while being a -1

Why on earth are you so gung ho about bringing him back on a big contract?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Why do you want the Hawks to be team that bites bullet and gives Vermette awful deal?

Vermette is one of the major reasons that the top line is producing like it is lately. Putting him on the 2nd line, either as a wing or a center, has allowed that line to take on tougher competition and free up space for Toews and Hossa.

Not saying we should resign him, but he's been a valuable addition, points be damned.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Toews-Teravainen-Shaw-Danault is not going to do it BWC. You don't want Kruger back over 2 and don't want Vermette @4.5, that's what you're left with.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago

Why are you so gung ho about small sample sizes? And why do you ignore the other important ways that Vermette can contribute?

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
And why do you ignore the other important ways that Vermette can contribute?

Because nothing he has done so far would warrant a 4 mil dollar a year payday in July. Someone is going to overpay him as a UFA I just hope it isn't the Hawks.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Established deep NHL teams like the Hawks will be difficult to maintain from now on. That's why Stan went slightly over the top to get Vermette and Timonen. This is the last team of it's kind. Sharp, Bickell, Vermette, Oduya, Roszival and maybe Versteeg will gone next year. I think we'll see a bit more abrasiveness scattered throughout the lineup which is good, but the youth movement will be quite interesting and a challenge to the veteran leadership to manage. Let's hope this is a long deep run into the playoffs!

won't be sad if Bicks, Rozy & Steeger are gone, very replacable.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
3 goals in 4 games with Rockford.

Obviously he has already mastered the AHL level with no difficulty..Look maybe Stan struck out with LeBlanc and Carey ...but you know eventually he was going to come up roses on a free agent college star..So maybe this kid 8s the real deal ...in which case..we play him next year I the show.
BTW...Stephen Johns now +30...Viktor Svedberg playing great since he came back from 8n jury. ..he us now +16 and had he not been out for awhile with injury probably would be in the plus 25 range by now...There is no doubt these guys can play and not cause Q many headaches...then Pokka Paliotta and TVR (except he is injury -prone)...and they still need to sign Mattson who I like as puck-m9ver. ..So young they may be ..but they can play...the talent level is there...Q not be worried..time to ship out the aged and credit g and insert the yutes on D..
One issue we probably will argue about...even if Hawks win the Cup, is whether Stan's All In deadline deals were necessary...Given the little return impact we have gotten from them and the big cost in picks and assets to acquire them...Maybe they ought to have filled from within..from Rockford and kept the picks? NOW we wonder even if we can get one first rounder back or if teams will only take our cap cast-aways as a financial favor go us but give us less I'm pick value back than Stan had hoped for? Obviously winning another Cup will restore more Lustre to Sharp and others for trading...and if the guys they do trade have good playoffs that too adds Lustre back to their worth in picks...so here is hoping that happens. ..Imagine if CC stinks again and they have to go with Darling the rest of the plYoffs to win...that lowers any trade value for CC and we get stuck with a albatross contract there when we probably should trade him since for few years Darling is cheaper and they could also go with Raanta or Anders Nilsson as acheap back-up...
IF CC rebounds ...plays great. ..leads us to another Cup...then his stock rises even higher than before and he is easily tradeable for a big haul ...top ten pick etc..But then Top Brass may balk at trading tye Elite 2 time Cup Winner...so a.lot is ridiculous g on his play and then the consequences of such for Trade or No trade of him for proper value back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad