Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks Sign Tanner Kero (forward, Michigan Tech)

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Lazerus @MarkLazerus · 1m 1 minute ago
#Blackhawks agree to terms on a two-year contract with Michigan Tech forward Tanner Kero. He'll report to Rockford.

Mark Lazerus @MarkLazerus · 55s 55 seconds ago
Tanner Kero, 22, had 20 goals and 26 assists in 41 games during his senior season. #Blackhawks

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
We all rip on Stan for many things: 1)Not getting any home town discount 2)holding onto player's too long and driving down there Trade Value (morin,Pirri,leddy,smith) 3)signing to many old guys to 2 year deals like giving Roz and Zus 2. But he has been solid at drafting compared to most clubs he has allot of player in the NHL or right on the Cusp and he has been very good at UFA. Darling, Ranta, Carey, leblanc, Rausmssan, Baun, Tanner. There are 30 teams trying to sign these guys. Leblanc was a bust and Carey does not look to be more then a really good AHL player but if you can have a rannta, Darling are NHL players and rausemssan might be a 4th line center. We shall see on Baun.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Welcome to the club Kero!

May you be more like Pearson and less like Glass.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
But, but, young guys don't want to come here because of Coach Q, derp derp derp.

Some people are more hopeful than realistic.

Youthful optimism can be adorable, but it can also be destructive. Hopefully the kid gets a fair shot.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I've watched Tanner play for about 10 years, played on my older brothers travel teams and played against him in high school, then 4 years at MTU. Heck of a player, might take him awhile to adjust but he has no problem learning the game and eventually being the best player on the ice most nights.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I've watched Tanner play for about 10 years, played on my older brothers travel teams and played against him in high school, then 4 years at MTU. Heck of a player, might take him awhile to adjust but he has no problem learning the game and eventually being the best player on the ice most nights.

Nice to hear. Seemed to do a decent job of putting up points in the NCAA. Also like the fact that he was the captain for Michigan Tech. Always nice to have depth players with some leadership skills.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Kero, Baun, Hinostroza and Paliotta tells me all I need to know about the composition of next year's team. ALOT of youth in the Hawks lineup next year.

Teravainen, Nordstrom, Hartman, McNeill, Danault, maybe Ross for a cup of coffee. Pokka/Johns/Paliotta.

They are replenishing AHL bodies.

Last edited:

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
^Bingo. The team needs to stay under the cap next year and the easiest way to do it is to bring up the NHL-ready bodies that we've had in the farm.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Yea, I'm pretty sure the Hawks will be one of, if not, the youngest NHL team next year.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I'm not. I'd rather have a contender.

It's very likely that another cast of supporting players develop around Toews and Kane after the older guys move on. Assuming a younger team won't develop into a contending team is foolish when you still have your two best players entering their prime years.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Kero, Baun, Hinostroza and Paliotta tells me all I need to know about the composition of next year's team. ALOT of youth in the Hawks lineup next year.

Teravainen, Nordstrom, Hartman, McNeill, Danault, maybe Ross for a cup of coffee. Pokka/Johns/Paliotta.

They are replenishing AHL bodies.

good looking forward to it...

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
It's very likely that another cast of supporting players develop around Toews and Kane after the older guys move on. Assuming a younger team won't develop into a contending team is foolish when you still have your two best players entering their prime years.

hopefully 3 if they come to terms with Saad...

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I'm not. I'd rather have a contender.

You need youth/young legs/hungry kids/etc. to win in this game. If a team with Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook/Sharp, Versteeg, Hjalmarsson, (not even counting guys like Saad, Shaw, Kruger either who are young vets now) isn't enough veteran help to compete, then something is wrong. Teravainen getting experience is a hell of a start and a real beneficial thing for this organization. TVR as well.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U

This. We also have a veteran top three D that will carry us into the Johns/Paliotta/Pokka era.

I'm not worried about next year. All the young blood will be good for this team's morale and general drive and will to win.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Saad-Toews-Hoss 23-27-36
Versteeg-Teravainen-Kane 29-21-27
McNeill-Danault-Shaw 22-22-24
Nordstrom-Kruger-Hartman23-25-21

Keith- Seabrook 32-30
Hjalmarsson-TVR 28-23
Rundblad-Pokka 25-22
Johns 23

Average age= 25.4, youngest team this year (Buffalo):25.6

I'd like them to get back a defenseman with a bit of age back in the Sharp and/or Bickell trade to play top 4 with Hammer while the guys get broken in. It will be a successful season if the Hawks make the playoffs. I would be very happy. I hope people remember that going into the year next year.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Lazerus @MarkLazerus · 1m 1 minute ago
#Blackhawks agree to terms on a two-year contract with Michigan Tech forward Tanner Kero. He'll report to Rockford.

Mark Lazerus @MarkLazerus · 55s 55 seconds ago
Tanner Kero, 22, had 20 goals and 26 assists in 41 games during his senior season. #Blackhawks

good deal, i know folks who know his family, fyi he is a Finn but born in the UP of MI, we have some of the best Finns on the squad imo, he will get to know Pokka well i'm sure, his family background is solid.

Tech had one of the best years in a long time, they had several U.S. born Finns on the team this year.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I just don't see this team playing six rookies.

Where are you getting 6 rookies from?

McNeill, Danault, Hartman, Pokka.

Scotty Bowman himself said in an interview that it's likely that 4 fulltime icehogs will be Hawks next year.

Teravainen, Nordstrom and TVR aren't rookies to me. But your point stands, Again, I think the Hawks could bring in a defenseman on a 4.5Mish contract (heck maybe even Oduya... not for that much tho). The money is there if you remove Bickell and Sharp from the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad