Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks sign Pius Suter and Wyatt Kalynuk

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Yes but Saad signed his current deal in 2015.

Sorry, that was supposed to be in reference to:

Unless he takes a discount to stay Saad will get another big FA ticket so we are on the same page there.

If we were in a pre-COVID world I could see a team giving him a 7 x 7 deal, but not so sure since all the contending teams will be stuck against a flat cap.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
His cap hit is not the issue, Seabrook's cap hit is. 50 point 2way players get paid and don't grow on trees.
Maybe it's not an issue, but it is a luxury we can't afford right now (largely because of Seabrook).

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
I thought this was a Suter thread? Another great addition by Stan and company! Suter, Kalynuk and Mitchell. What a day! All three could be in the line up next season.

Saad was the most consistent and hard working player on the Hawks outside of Kane this year. Keep him around unless we get Lafreinere.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

josiesque

Oct 15, 2015
Can you give us your scouting on him?
I'm a season ticket holder in Zurich. Here's what I wrote in the trade boards about Pius.
He's a C and played that position until last season. He got to play wing last season because Garret Roe joined zurich and we had "too many" centers so Pius was the trigger man for Roe's passes on the 1st line. But Pius is a great playmaker on his own, can generate offense with his speed and is very good in front of the net even though he's not big but smart. In addition to that, he's working hard defensively and loves to pick pokets while back checking.
Sure enough, that's what he looks like in Switzerland in a Top6 role and a very strong roster in Zurich.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I'm a season ticket holder in Zurich. Here's what I wrote in the trade boards about Pius.
He's a C and played that position until last season. He got to play wing last season because Garret Roe joined zurich and we had "too many" centers so Pius was the trigger man for Roe's passes on the 1st line. But Pius is a great playmaker on his own, can generate offense with his speed and is very good in front of the net even though he's not big but smart. In addition to that, he's working hard defensively and loves to pick pokets while back checking.
Sure enough, that's what he looks like in Switzerland in a Top6 role and a very strong roster in Zurich.
thanks! interesting

josiesque

Oct 15, 2015
You're welcome.
I always thought Pius should be playing in the NHL. He has all the tools, he might have needed to get a few years older to find his real A-Game. Different players, different development.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

I actually saw your post there, but thanks for posting it here too!

Sounds really good, how is his game along the boards? Do you think he can be impactful there in the NHL with his size?

I'm pretty excited for him, and everyone says hes smart and a good character so even better.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
He'll likely be a step or two below Kubalik's impact, but make no mistake this kid is the goods. And I like that he's another Swiss player for Kurashev to gravitate towards.

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and BK

josiesque

Oct 15, 2015
I actually saw your post there, but thanks for posting it here too!

Sounds really good, how is his game along the boards? Do you think he can be impactful there in the NHL with his size?

I'm pretty excited for him, and everyone says hes smart and a good character so even better.
He's very good with his stick at retrieving pucks along the boards. I'm sure he will be able to hold his own in board battles, but he's not the strongest guy out there, so he will be trying to avoid those battles against the big guys by being more clever.
He's a very smart player indeed, we will miss him big time in Zurich. As I said before, he was Roes wing last season but the moment Roe was injured for a few games, Suter took over and put up the same ppg than with Roe. I think he matured a lot the last 1-2 years as a player and learned to take responsibility.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I think he is more important than people realize.

Without a doubt. That said, there's absolutely no way we should be signing him to a long term contract which will probably be slightly north of his current salary. And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming (Suter).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad