Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks Sign Defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I didn't see him as struggling in those games, but I seem to detect a change in his game and I hope it's my imagination. At times recently he seems to have abandoned that good body positioning he has been so good at early on in his defensive game and replaced it with stickchecking. My imagination?

He did struggle against the Sens in Ottawa. Toronto and last night were much, much better performances.

I don't see a shift away from the good body positioning either as much as he is adding stickchecking to the repertoire.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
The first goal in the second Ottawa game was on TVR. That's his only big screw-up I can think of. Very solid overall.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
He did struggle against the Sens in Ottawa. Toronto and last night were much, much better performances.

I don't see a shift away from the good body positioning either as much as he is adding stickchecking to the repertoire.

I think he did very well against Toronto. He played against some real quality lines in that game. I don't believe he was on ice for a goal?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Didn't tvr get bumped up to the 2nd pairing against Toronto? I think he led all hawks in ice time going into the 3rd period that night

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
TVR has to be the best thing happening with this team right now. His poise with the puck and great decision making has been uncanny for an undrafted free agent.

His +/- is at 0, compared to Oduya and Hjalmarsson who are a combined -5. Given what he is playing with offensively most of the time that is extremely impressive.

Then take a look at takeaways/giveaways Hjalmarsson (8/16/-8), Seabrook (3/11/-8), Keith (6/10/-4), Oduya (5/7/-2), TVR (8/2/+6). By the way, that is good enough for 17th among all players in the league. Oduya at -2 is at 493rd.

Would like to see TVR get more and more minutes. I think you keep Keith and Seabs together, but it might be time to break up the Swedes. I would like to see TVR with Hammer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad