Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks sign college UFA Kyle Baun

Nothingman*

To fit under the cap is what we were thinking. No other reason.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
This quote from Baun's agent says alot about the Hawks front office and ubiquity around hockey...

“The Blackhawks have been following Kyle the last 3-4 years and understand his strengths and weaknesses and what type of player he can be,” Bartlett said by phone. “They weren’t just interested because others teams were, which was the case with some teams.

Belfour20

Jul 26, 2005
Watched him play a couple seasons of Jr. A here a few years back, was a pretty good player. From what I remember was a pretty good skater with decent size. Looking forward to seeing what he can do again :)

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
So if this guy or Paliotta show something, are they eligible to play in the post season?

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
More from Bauns agent via espn:

“Also look at the contracts of [Patrick] Kane, [Jonathan] Toews, [Marian] Hossa, [Brandon] Saad, they are going to need affordable players on the roster, especially in bottom-6 roles. Kyle understands that’s his future in the NHL and embraces it"

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
I expect Baun to play tomorrow bc of Nordstroms injury

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
More from Bauns agent via espn:

“Also look at the contracts of [Patrick] Kane, [Jonathan] Toews, [Marian] Hossa, [Brandon] Saad, they are going to need affordable players on the roster, especially in bottom-6 roles. Kyle understands that’s his future in the NHL and embraces it"

Good to hear (from a business standpoint). Players with this mindset are exactly what the Hawks need. Most players though, rightfully so, try to get as big a paycheck as they can.

Nothingman*

So if this guy or Paliotta show something, are they eligible to play in the post season?

Actually, Baun cannot but Paliotta can as he is a draft pick. From what I have been reading.

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
Actually, Baun cannot but Paliotta can as he is a draft pick. From what I have been reading.

makes sense. Paliotta is probably the only one of the two who has even an outside chance of making that kind of immediate impression. If we have an injury or Rosival hits the wall, I don't see any way Q turns to Runblad in the playoffs.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Baum could easily not do anything on ice and wear Raanta jersey's in practice

Bickell at this point brings nothing to NHL roster

He's a depth scorer that ups his game in the playoffs. I just don't understand how you can have such hatred for Bickell.

He's invisible out there for stretches. He's not actively bad like somebody else on the team.

And I really don't like Bickell.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN 15m15 minutes ago

Paliotta is here and Baun will be here later today. Q said the two could hit the ice with the #Blackhawks on Wednesday.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
He's a depth scorer that ups his game in the playoffs. I just don't understand how you can have such hatred for Bickell.

He's invisible out there for stretches. He's not actively bad like somebody else on the team.

You're still surprised by this kind of thing?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Every game Bickell plays he is one of the worst or the worst player on ice. He provides nothing of value

How can anyone support or defend the 4M piece of garbage who admits he doesn't try out there?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
You mean Kane and Toews can make him look good?

He didn't look at all good from game 3 of Minny vs Game 7 of LA. The playoff myth died last year

He is also a rotten influence around kids coming up from Rockford. Hopefully his work ethic doesn't rub off on them

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Blind hate is blind hate. The stats and facts show that when it comes time to play in the playoffs Bryan Bickell shows up. Does struggle during the regular season? Yes he does but he admits that he knows his body will not hold up. The playoffs and the cup are the only thing that matter at the end of the day. If he was a 3 million dollar player it would feel better but he helps us win cups and that is all that will ever matter to me. If it is all about regular season production you should hate Sharp but for some reason you have not focused on him. Each year you pick one player to hate and it makes me laugh. Stalberg, Bickell, Rundblad, who are you going to hate next year if he is traded?

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

He didn't look at all good from game 3 of Minny vs Game 7 of LA. The playoff myth died last year

He is also a rotten influence around kids coming up from Rockford. Hopefully his work ethic doesn't rub off on them

Not that you're open to even the slightest change in your viewpoint, but when kids come up they look around a room with Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, and Hossa and think:

"Yea. Bickell. That's who I want to be. He's got it figured out."

He shows up from time to time and impacts a game. And then he disappears for stretches. At his worst he's meh. Like I said, he never actively hurts us like your buddy Rozi.

You gotta realize how crazy it is to think a kid fresh out of college is going to replace the guy who's scored so many goals the past two years come spring time?

And you're making me DEFEND Bickell. That should say something with how often I've ragged on him. He's just not as awful as you make him out to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad