Speculation: Blackhawks Shakeup

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Hopefully they just keep playing him a lot to score pts (on 35 pt pace) and Stan catches some GM asleep at the wheel looking for a big shot who is a RHD

Stan just needs to swallow his pride and attach a higher pick or decent prospect and essentially get nothing back in return

He'd get the Capspace and I think that would be a bigger victory than the loss of a pick. I didn't realize how bad his contract was until I looked it up...o.o

noice

Born in YEG Oiler fan in YYC :/
Feb 12, 2007
Calgary, AB
Oilers will take DeBrincat, Strome, Crawford, Seabrook for Cagguila, Rattie, Talbot, Lucic, Benning, pick

noice

Born in YEG Oiler fan in YYC :/
Feb 12, 2007
Calgary, AB
Gross n/m Seabrook
Take Lucic, Nurse, Cagguila, Benning, Talbot, 1st or 2nd
Oil will take DeBrincat, Strome, Keith, Rutta, Ward

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
If it isn't one of Keith,Kane, Toews,Seabrook, Crawford it isn't really a shake up... It just moving secondary pieces around.

I've been quite vocal in trading Toews for the shakeup/rebuild... It won't happen for sentimental reasons.

Don't understand talk of trading Kane...makes zero sense.

So that leaves Keith/Seabrook/Crawford.

Seabrook contract unmovable... Keith is real cheap and has sentimental stuff for him as well..

Crawford odd man out but can you get any value for him?

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Hawks are stuck with what they got. Nobody wants the pieces available for the prices the Hawks would desire. They got their Cups. It's time for the slow painful rebuild to happen.

nickybacks19

Semin's bongo skills
Dec 23, 2013
Maryland
Saad was requested back to Chicago by Toews and Kane. If he goes it pretty much opens the door for them to get traded.
No point in trading Keith when you think about it.
Forsling if a team is super desperate for D.

Kruger and Seabrook will probably stay. The only way Seabrook goes is if a team is willing to take on his big contract and he is willing to waive.
Manning might be tradable, think he should've gone to Arizona with Schmaltz.

NYI:
Crawford
Murphy

Chicago:
2nd 2019
5th 2019

Washington:
Anisimov

Chicago:
Vrana
Conditional 2nd
4th 2019

Washington respectfully declines. no need and Vrana is turning into what they thought he would

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Rebuild plan for the Hawks;

• Retain half of the contract on Toews and Kane to get insane returns, ship out the rest when they can get good value.
  • The team will be trash for years insuring they are picking in the top five for the next 4-5 years. Meaning they have 4-5 young studs on top of DeBrincat, Strome, Joki, and Boqvist.
  • Then new GM Duncan Keith signs Kane and Toews when their contract expires and win they win the cup together one last time in their twilight years.
Haters will say it’s unrealistic, but I say they need to dream bigger.

dombrova22

Apr 12, 2017
To be fair all nhl players decline at 26
LOL, what did I just read....

Ovechkin - definitely didn't decline at 26.
Crosby - definitely didn't decline at 26.
Toews - definitely didn't decline at 26.
Kane - definitely didn't decline at 26.
Malkin - definitely didn't decline at 26.

The list goes on.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Is this speculation based on anything? I’m not sure the Hawks are too upset with how this season has been going. It will earn them a high draft pick and a quicker chance at rebounding back.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Oilers will take DeBrincat, Strome, Crawford, Seabrook for Cagguila, Rattie, Talbot, Lucic, Benning, pick
upload_2018-12-14_13-43-39.jpeg

This guy's standing on a toilet because he's high on pot.

Last edited:

Kolzilla

May 20, 2015
Saad was requested back to Chicago by Toews and Kane. If he goes it pretty much opens the door for them to get traded.
No point in trading Keith when you think about it.
Forsling if a team is super desperate for D.

Kruger and Seabrook will probably stay. The only way Seabrook goes is if a team is willing to take on his big contract and he is willing to waive.
Manning might be tradable, think he should've gone to Arizona with Schmaltz.

NYI:
Crawford
Murphy

Chicago:
2nd 2019
5th 2019

Washington:
Anisimov

Chicago:
Vrana
Conditional 2nd
4th 2019

Wsh doesn't touch that with a ten foot pole. Vrana has become what we wanted Burakovsky to become. It would take an overpayment to get him. Also, Caps don't need another center

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We've discussed this ad nauseam and have concluded that the Hawks couldn't possibly get enough in return to make it worth it. It would have to be a stupid overpayment for the Hawks to listen on Kane. The only way he's going anywhere is if he requests a trade.

I haven't seen the ad nauseum discussion but considering Kane's age and contract, Hawks should take any serious off they can get. They aren't going to be able to turn it around fast enough to contend before Kane goes into decline.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Is Connor Murphy worth really much more than a 5th round pick? It seems like at this point he's nothing more than a recovery project, but I might be wrong. That being said, Matthews is worth at least a 2nd round pick.
He's a solid #4 RHD. He won't confuse you with being a fringe top pair dman but he head and shoulders better than third pairing guys

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad